Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• laugh.gif
    laugh.gif
    6.6 MB · Views: 93
  • laugh.gif
    laugh.gif
    6.6 MB · Views: 32
Thanks to all sharing their experiences on the yoke. I ordered in late May / early June (RN1151) but I am still on the fence because of the price point and the yoke steering. I am also looking at 100d models around 2017 - 2018 to save around 20-25k. So all your experiences are very good data points for me. Hoping to test drive the new model soon.
I was on the fence about ordering a new refresh LR or a used 2018+ MS. But eventually, I ordered the LR refresh since the used car market is quite inflated currently. Doesn't make sense to pay a premium for an older model when you can get a new one for a bit more. Also 2 things to consider -
1. I see that you're in CA. If you need carpool, older models won't qualify. 2018 models are set to expire in 2022 BTW.
2. If you order the base model Model S LR without any additional config, you _might_ qualify for the $7.5K federal tax credit if the bill passes (unlikely but you never know)

All in all, I don't see much value in purchasing an older Model S. If saving money is your concern, I'd recommend buying a Model 3 LR.

To lucky LR ‘refresh’ owners, there is an URGENT request !!

It’s EOQ and there are several depressed refresh order holders (LR + plaid) with blank EDD, No VIN. Some haven’t been sleeping well and experiencing anxiety.
The request is for some time slips or LR Draggy numbers. We know you’re excited driving your new refresh. Share some of that excitement with those of us still waiting. Thank you for understanding. The wait is getting brutal.
Edit: been waiting since battery day.. ‘new order’ was my 3rd.

Last edited:
To lucky LR ‘refresh’ owners, there is an URGENT request !!

It’s EOQ and there are several depressed refresh order holders (LR + plaid) with blank EDD, No VIN. Some haven’t been sleeping well and experiencing anxiety.
The request is for some time slips or LR Draggy numbers. We know you’re excited driving your new refresh. Share some of that excitement with those of us still waiting. Thank you for understanding. The wait is getting brutal.

Ditto. Even just an acceleration video would be great.

Reactions: Drew-MS
I was on the fence about ordering a new refresh LR or a used 2018+ MS. But eventually, I ordered the LR refresh since the used car market is quite inflated currently. Doesn't make sense to pay a premium for an older model when you can get a new one for a bit more. Also 2 things to consider -
1. I see that you're in CA. If you need carpool, older models won't qualify. 2018 models are set to expire in 2022 BTW.
2. If you order the base model Model S LR without any additional config, you _might_ qualify for the $7.5K federal tax credit if the bill passes (unlikely but you never know)

All in all, I don't see much value in purchasing an older Model S. If saving money is your concern, I'd recommend buying a Model 3 LR.
Smart decision, no comparison.

Reactions: Jet007