Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the detailed explanation.
That seems like a nightmare and just goes to show how Tesla is leaps and bounds ahead of other EVs in terms of not just their driving hardware but also functional software. I did hear about someone's LR rebooting while driving but hopefully those kinda issues are relatively rare and would be fixed by updates.

I will say I had my first computer issue today. Was bringing up the user manual in the garage, and the whole screen just got dim and unresponsive. Had to reboot. Other than that no issues while driving, but am only 200 miles in.

There are some obvious bugs other than the missing features (dashcam viewer, SiriusXM) - the Slacker streaming channel list shows blank a lot and you have to switch sources to get it back.

That all being said, I have WAY more confidence in Tesla keeping their software updated than VW/Audi and Ford.

My last new car was a Ford. Never, ever, ever again. Worst car owning experience I ever had - despite it having automatic parallel parking in 2012 (that was super rad for the time… Yeah, I keep cars for a long time. ‘05 Acura TL still kickin and clean after 16 years.)

I’ve rented hundreds of cars since then since I travel regularly for work, and I can say the legacy makers simply do not understand technology. The Audi story above does not surprise me one bit, but is disappointing. Renting Audis via Silvercar had given me a pretty good impression of them compared to other makers. Damn shame.

Reactions: cwanja
And BTW.. I did comment about them not honoring the pre-refresh price, but in no way do I feel slighted or ripped off. This car is the old performance model and then some. It’s great. After driving it, the net $8k increase is an absolute bargain.

I know there’s not much consolation for the folks still waiting, it was a rough 6 months here - but it is so worth it and you’re gonna be blown away.

Thanks for the detailed explanation.
That seems like a nightmare and just goes to show how Tesla is leaps and bounds ahead of other EVs in terms of not just their driving hardware but also functional software. I did hear about someone's LR rebooting while driving but hopefully those kinda issues are relatively rare and would be fixed by updates.
Tesla may be ahead of other EVs but they have a myriad of problems too that I’ve personally experienced and still to this day have not been fixed.

One VERY annoying thing that I continue to experience since day 1 of taking ownership of my M3 is the door not always unlocking when I pull the handle after approaching the car. A lot of times I’ll have to take my phone out of my pocket (my frustrating when Im carrying stuff) and tap the screen of the phone and then the door will unlock. Sometimes that won’t even work and I’ll have to go into the Tesla app and unlock it from there.

Several times just randomly my screen will go black out of nowhere. A couple times the car has just rebooted seemingly for no reason at all.

Phantom braking while in autopilot is super annoying as well. There are no cars even close to me and it’ll just slam on the brakes.

After a couple months of BLANK, I too am now back to August. I actually feel this is probable based on RN114418XXX.
Mine just updated from blank to august too just now... Hope they don't contact me on the week I'm gone on vacation out of country

august.JPG

Reactions: DavidSRQ
Apologies in advance since I recall seeing a similar post(s) prior but could not find a reply: has anyone created a delivery checklist for our new refreshed LR? This is my 1st Tesla and I'm quite excited; I do NOT however care to miss on inspection gaps, etc. TIA!!

Reactions: DCland21
good to see some 19s moving. Im still blank on my end and still have 19s. early feb order blk/crm fsd. Price change has made the plot thicken as now if I can't take delivery before I leave in Sept then the order gets canceled and forced to pay the new amount, which by next year probably goes up another 2500-5k.

Never a dull day with these guys. Wish my biggest problem was how to remove the front plate or some wrinkles in a seat. Again id take it next two months with no wheels. Tesla does not do that, yet.

Seeing alot of whites too getting dates

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DirkWood
First update in a month - Delivery (July) as of this morning.

Ordered: 1/12/21 ‐ Pre-refresh
White/White
No FSD
19"
RN1143

Feels like things are starting to move.

"Be anxious for nothing..." -Philippians 4:6
Sage advice. Yep, feels like the flow is increasing which is consistent with what my SA told me earlier this week...production will crank up beginning now....

I have 3 single bays. All of them have 94 inch wide openings. It says in the manual that the width of the new MS is around 79 inches probably more counting folded side mirrors. Really don't want the same thing happen to me as it did to you, but if I want to use summons to get in and out of my garage it's got to read the 94 inch opening. After the opening it gets a lot wider. If possible, I would really appreciate if you could measure your single bay opening because if it's wider than mine, I'm Sh.t out of luck. Thanks
I have the 1 double-1 single/3 car setup and the future Mrs. JimLL has the single bay. My S will get the entire double bay to itself. Although I was considering keeping the AMG till lease end in October even if the MS comes in early. Reading all the comments here, it may be a problem...have to measure.

Reactions: cwanja