Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I own a 2017 Model S with free lifetime supercharging. I am selling it to a friend, and it does not transfer to the new owner.
Their website reports the cars ordered after January 15, 2017 are not transferable. Coincidentally, I purchased my 2017 MS on January 15, 2017 because it was the last day of a $1000 credit they were offering. I’m told mine is transferable.

Does anyone know for the people that had free supercharging does is stay with the car if you sell it to someone else?
You need to call and they will check by the VIN. My 2016 S I just sold DID transfer to the new owner. They did say if I had sold to a dealer that it wouldn't, however. But direct to new owner, mine did.

I own a 2017 Model S with free lifetime supercharging. I am selling it to a friend, and it does not transfer to the new owner.
Not surprised. When I sold mine to my neighbor, we were first told it didn’t, then we were told, no, on 2015’s it’s still transferable. Apparently at some point after March 2017 it became no longer transferable. As you’ve experienced, after March 2017 for certain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, she arrived a day early! Home delivery experience was great. There are 2 issues with the car that I was notified of:
  1. Key fobs haven't arrived yet. They will be FedEx'd to me soon. No problem as I have the 2 keycards and phone keys***
  2. Each of the right side rims had a scuff. I personally only would have noticed one of them, but Tesla has already had the replacements on order and will be swapping them out soon
The rest of the car is great! Its beautiful, fast, and comfy. Kids love the back screen. Overall, I'm still getting things setup how I want them.

One thing I haven't seen posted anywhere, the HPWC is able to charge the car at around 45 Miles Per Hour at 48 amps.

*** I haven't been able to get my phone to act as a phone key yet. I can see the option in the Tesla app, but it doesn't let me click on it to set it up. I've turned on all of the app permissions, reinstalled the app, etc.. no luck. I'm using a OnePlus 8T (Android). Wife was able to set up her phone key in 1 minute with no issues :(

View attachment 684741
Nice… I took delivery on the same config today. I picked up at a delivery center - they also did not have the two key fobs and the SA I worked with today (my SA was on vacation) stated that none of the new model S they have delivered thus far have included key fobs and he was under the impression they were no longer offered. I’m going to have to call them back tomorrow to see if they can send them to me via fedex as well.

Reactions: droopaloop
Does anyone know for the people that had free supercharging does is stay with the car if you sell it to someone else?
My 2016 P100D had free unlimited supercharging. I was told it would transfer to the next owner. Sold the car a few months ago and the free supercharging did NOT transfer to the new owner. I called my SA and I was told they are no longer transferring the free unlimited sc.

I ordered MS LR black/black/21” no FSD on 5/18. EDD was blank for a while, I just checked and it shows 7/28 - 8/4. I am in MD area. I am really surprised to get it way sooner than I expected! I hope I am not getting one that had been sitting in the lot for months 🤔
I wouldn't be too excited just yet until you have a VIN they call you to make a final payment you make the final payment delivery is scheduled you're actually sitting in the damn car :)

I ordered MS LR black/black/21” no FSD on 5/18. EDD was blank for a while, I just checked and it shows 7/28 - 8/4. I am in MD area. I am really surprised to get it way sooner than I expected! I hope I am not getting one that had been sitting in the lot for months 🤔
Once you see a VIN, you can ask your SA for the car build date when you are about a week from your delivery window.

• Helpful
Reactions: Ormond
Not sure if this is a thing or not for accounts since the pages jump so fast... but i now have a charging tab added on my account to i assume so charges or stats? Never had before.
Also noticed it recently but it may just be me not paying attention before. My account with RN1151 (1 month old) having it means it’s unlikely to be a sign of progress :< I see you’ve been waiting for way tooo long and I hope you get your car soon!

• Love
Reactions: dbtrizzle