Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's a car. You will be fine to drive it right away. Input your destinations into the car navigation and it will tell you when and where to stop for charging. If you have watched any of Omar's videos on yoke steering, it only took him (and me) about 24 hours to get used to it. And it's not like you can't drive the car while you are learning. The turn signals actually take longer to get aquainted with than driving the yoke itself. You'll be fine to go on the trip. If they even stick to the July timeline.
Thanks so much. You are right. its just a car. And the iPhone was just a phone until it was released.

Happened to me with my 3. Brought it home and left for a 8 hour thanksgiving trip the next morning. Short answer, you’ll be alright. The regen braking will be the biggest change for you so give yourself 5-10 miles of driving (ideally surface road and highway) and you’ll know what you need to know. The trip planner will automatically route you to the right charging stations as needed.
Perfect. very helpful.

My question for you experts: We are taking a 7 hour trip out of state pretty soon. How long would you want to have possession of the car before you embarked on a long trip? Its not like taking off in a new ICE. Im pretty technical (recently retired engineer) and I have leaned a lot from reading you guy's posts but there is definitely a learning curve. Like I've never touched a yoke.
I would probably feel comfortable with a week to get acquainted. But would I take 2 days? How about one day?
Make sure to go to your account > charging > manage payment and make sure you have a working credit card in there, so the SuperChargers will work.

I have a S LR on order. I have had my VIN number for 2 weeks. My delivery date is still not firm. Every day my delivery date moves out by one day. Little frustrated here
Call your delivery pick up center daily. Ask them if they can see if your car has been assigned a carrier or if it's arrived.

I called 2 days after I received my vin and they were able to determine the car was still at Fremont. The next day it magically showed up!

I have a Black/White/19" ordered mid December RN1142 that I had not heard anything about since ordering. It was going to be a Christmas present for my wife! I was told it would be 8-10 weeks! and I believed them. Never heard of a "refresh". Foolish me.
I never received an estimated date, no VIN, no email or calls since I ordered. I called yesterday complaining and woke up this morning with a JULY estimate. Is that coincidence after so much time, or does it just look like they are just filling 19" orders. I don't know.

My question for you experts: We are taking a 7 hour trip out of state pretty soon. How long would you want to have possession of the car before you embarked on a long trip? Its not like taking off in a new ICE. Im pretty technical (recently retired engineer) and I have leaned a lot from reading you guy's posts but there is definitely a learning curve. Like I've never touched a yoke.
I would probably feel comfortable with a week to get acquainted. But would I take 2 days? How about one day?
The best thing for you to do is to send it to me for a week so I can break it in and put it through its paces. By the time you get it back, it will be in perfect working order for your journey.

Got a text 3 weeks ago saying my car was going to be assembled in July. Then I got a text asking if I would be ready if my car was ready asap. I replied yes and got excited. Then my EDD changed to 7/15 to 7/31. Assuming the stars were lining up for me I sold my daily driver... Today? Back to September EDD... faaannnntastic...
When did you order, config, and RN?

Got a text 3 weeks ago saying my car was going to be assembled in July. Then I got a text asking if I would be ready if my car was ready asap. I replied yes and got excited. Then my EDD changed to 7/15 to 7/31. Assuming the stars were lining up for me I sold my daily driver... Today? Back to September EDD... faaannnntastic...
Truly unbelievable to keep reading these stories. It’s almost as if they do it on purpose.

I have a Black/White/19" ordered mid December RN1142 that I had not heard anything about since ordering. It was going to be a Christmas present for my wife! I was told it would be 8-10 weeks! and I believed them. Never heard of a "refresh". Foolish me.
I never received an estimated date, no VIN, no email or calls since I ordered. I called yesterday complaining and woke up this morning with a JULY estimate. Is that coincidence after so much time, or does it just look like they are just filling 19" orders. I don't know.

I think this comes down to your own comfort level. For me, I would only need a couple of hours to go through it, and a road trip would be a good way to shake out anything else I need to put on my list for them to address. That being said, my LR I'm dying to take delivery of will be my third S. My first was #9555 back on 2013, and I've driven>150k miles on electrons. If this will be your first Tesla, I would say at least a couple of days so you could familiarize yourself with the basics. The rest you will work out on your trip!

Reactions: Ormond
Perhaps the 19” wheels have arrived ??

My delivery date has been “blank” since March, except one day in May when it said June.

I wake up this morning to “July” . Which is hard to believe, but at this point I’ll take it. Just hoping it’s not one of those accumulating dirt by the railroad tracks.
Ordered 1/15 w/19s and have had "July" for 2 weeks now. Would be amazing for us to get our cars this month.

Reactions: Vinny860
In anticipation of the upcoming delivery of my MSLR on Monday, I decided to stop by a local SC here in Dallas, TX (Cedar Springs) today and the only ones I saw there were two white MYLR's and both got the 21", so no 19" in sight.

Attachments

• IMG_9693.JPEG
    IMG_9693.JPEG
    762.3 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_9694.JPEG
    IMG_9694.JPEG
    717.8 KB · Views: 70
Reactions: booo and Valis