Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
delivery date keeps moving every day, from August 1-11, to August 2-11 today....i guess its a good thing its narrowing the gap. Logic tells me, my car has been scheduled for production and set to leave the factory by this weekend, best case scenario, it goes coast to coast by tag team trucker and takes a week, most likely takes two, but my vin comes this weekend, and all is great in tesla world....but after learning about Tesla, i realize this logical conclusion stands as much chance of happening as a one legged man winning an ass kicking competition.

Reactions: Btrflyl8e
delivery date keeps moving every day, from August 1-11, to August 2-11 today....i guess its a good thing its narrowing the gap. Logic tells me, my car has been scheduled for production and set to leave the factory by this weekend, best case scenario, it goes coast to coast by tag team trucker and takes a week, most likely takes two, but my vin comes this weekend, and all is great in tesla world....but after learning about Tesla, i realize this logical conclusion stands as much chance of happening as a one legged man winning an ass kicking competition.
I am also rooting for the 1 legged man. For a few weeks ive really been his #1 fan.

Electrical wiring has gone up crazy. $2400 to install a plug! Getting 2 EVs and said to install 2 was 2x as much as it as “twice” the work. Kinda kills the saving of gas for a few years!
If you are charging inside, look at the NeoCharge 240v smart splitter. It plugs into a 240v outlet and lets you charge two cars without overloading the circuit.

that is a BRILLIANT idea - not sure if they can/will do that for me. I thought they might include a metal bar breaker like my air conditioner compressors have - but never considered a new sub panel there. I'll ask - i'm sure they'll add a couple hundred (or more for that) - at the same time, not sure if my 60 amp wiring would be enough - then they'd have to maybe go larger (00 or larger???) - so maybe would cost a lot more....
I just finalized my quote to have 2 outlets in garage which was incremental $260 (bigger tube/extra cable) as opposed to single car outlet.
Did this instead of putting a separate subpanel, as it was more to have him come back for the second outlet later on.

• Helpful
Reactions: Ormond
HTF did this guy order in June and get it so quickly???
He actually called Tesla service directly to place the order. I have heard that works really well.

Attachments

• service.gif
    service.gif
    4.8 MB · Views: 103
Man - all these video walkthroughs with the 21" wheels aren't doing much to help me refrain from upgrading to the 21's. We need
some 19" vids!!!!
Yeah, same was about to do it myself as love the look of them but need to see 19s more and want that range. I totally probably would have by now but since making the change would also cost the extra $5000 price increase - it I’d definitely a no go!

If you are charging inside, look at the NeoCharge 240v smart splitter. It plugs into a 240v outlet and lets you charge two cars without overloading the circuit.
I’m getting a free ChargePoint from Volvo for our other car. I’m sure I could live with one charger but I figure if they are there I’d rather get both. I’ve got a cyber truck on order too. For those with 2 EVs do you have a single or dual charging at home? Definitely not interested in musical cars.