Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s a great question. Whenever I’ve had collision work done, or even a new car, I believe I’ve been told to wait 3 weeks or whatever to let the clear coat harden,
When a car comes straight from the factory there is no “curing” needed..Opticoat can be applied right away. When it gets painted by a body shop after say an accident, it doesn’t get baked like it does at the factory thus requiring time for it to cure.

OK - now I'm really pissed ! - I have had a VIN and EDD of July15-20 but was pushed back daily until yesterday. Have an actual delivery appointment and time of July 25, 1pm. I just received the following fateful call and text -

Hello from Tesla, as mentioned on our call today your vehicle is completing its final stages for quality control. We will need to remove delivery appointment for 7/25/21 from our calendar and we will reach out once the vehicle is ready to help reschedule. Kindest regards, Tesla Dublin Team

I see a Carrera S in my future !

MS LR. RN1147. OD 3/27 Blk / Blk / Arachnids / FSD

OK - now I'm really pissed ! - I have had a VIN and EDD of July15-20 but was pushed back daily until yesterday. Have an actual delivery appointment and time of July 25, 1pm. I just received the following fateful call and text -

Hello from Tesla, as mentioned on our call today your vehicle is completing its final stages for quality control. We will need to remove delivery appointment for 7/25/21 from our calendar and we will reach out once the vehicle is ready to help reschedule. Kindest regards, Tesla Dublin Team

Good luck getting any sort of 911 right now.

Be happy they aren’t giving it to you. As I’ve mentioned multiple times, this software is not ready. My car is going in next week for what I assume will be a hard drive swap to fix a massive issue.

OK - now I'm really pissed ! 😭- I have had a VIN and EDD of July15-20 but was pushed back daily until yesterday. Have an actual delivery appointment and time of July 25, 1pm. I just received the following fateful call and text -

MS LR. RN1147. OD 3/27 Blk / Blk / Arachnids /
Oh no....😭...just imagine how "really pissed" you would be if you were like many OTHERS of us here that have orders placed 3+ months before yours and don't even have a hint a delivery date. Go get your Carrera S😆

Thanks for the update. Any insight into what the massive issue is?
Assuming they can get me a loaner I will let you know next week. The car basically has no network, even when connected to wifi. No navigation, traffic, streaming, app connectivity, voice controls, garage doors, etc. Random reboots while driving are normal. My guess is a corrupt drive/SD card. Not hard to fix but impacts are pretty severe for a card very dependent on technology.

Assuming they can get me a loaner I will let you know next week. The car basically has no network, even when connected to wifi. No navigation, traffic, streaming, app connectivity, voice controls, garage doors, etc. Random reboots while driving are normal. My guess is a corrupt drive/SD card. Not hard to fix but impacts are pretty severe for a card very dependent on technology.
Got it thanks. I too am Columbus based, so interested in watching your progress of getting your car healthy.

I’ve had a rolling estimated date that’s started a couple of weeks ago with no VIN. Last night it was Aug 2-9. This morning there’s a VIN but delivery estimated October 😳. This hold going on may be awhile.
What did you order? I was at Westchase Tuesday and saw three refreshes. At least one of the refreshes was a white / black / 21s. Other two were MSM and black (as far as I could tell) - not sure if the were LR or Plaids.

Since ordering my Model S;

Dolby Atmos Speakers installed in Mancave
Mancave painted
All new LG Kitchen Appliances
Garage Painted and Epoxy Floors
New Hot Water Heater
Nee HVAC (Air Conditioner and Furnace)
Tesla Charger and 14-50 Nema installed in garage

With a New Roof, Deck and new flooring - I would've damn near rebuilt my house before this damn car shows up...

my october date has been steady since my early june order. However, I'm prepping for it to be closer to early December based on recent delays.
Good news is, I picked up a solid 2005 C class beater off of CL for a pittance. Needs some work that I'll handle myself as a nice summer project. In the end, I'll be able to flip it for about twice what I paid and only about $200 additional parts into it.

Reactions: Ormond