Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just checked yesterdays factory flyover, seems they're not delivering model S at this time. No single S was on logistics lot

And there were no VIN assignments for recent days, assuming that they're not producing model S for some reason?

• Informative
Reactions: Hawk10
I REALLY hope this isn’t what’s under the aerocaps (even with a darker color):

161DFCA7-1F61-4655-B1DE-A45C8F6306C8.jpeg

Someone on Twitter claims to have seen this at a SuC today near Oakland. Appears to be a Tesla employee in a test mule. Supposedly they had 3 aero caps on the other wheels, but they were the original lighter gray:

A7095434-9731-4B95-B07E-15F40228FE7E.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: Drew-MS

View attachment 688905

Someone on Twitter claims to have seen this at a SuC today near Oakland. Appears to be a Tesla employee in a test mule. Supposedly they had 3 aero caps on the other wheels, but they were the original lighter gray:

View attachment 688906
I just can't see spending 100k on a car and getting hubcaps... I get it if you need winters, but man, those are fugly.

View attachment 688905

View attachment 688906
Oooof. That is a rough look.

I ordered 19s but I have to agree. They’re definitely not handsome 😬.
Winter set up for me.
I ordered 19's as well, thinking they looked kinda OK; after a closer look, I as well thought they were awful, and I agree, if spending $100K+, the Arachnids were well worth the $4,500-. I personally did NOT make the change to 21's based on a possible earlier delivery. I considered the advantages of BOTH the 19's vs. 21's and my decision was based on looks alone. Perhaps not everyone agrees, but for me personally, I could easily justify the additional $4,500.00. BTW, this was BEFORE the $5K price increase. If my decision was AFTER the $5K price increase, I would have purchased aftermarket 20's or 21's...

I ordered 19's as well, thinking they looked kinda OK; after a closer look, I as well thought they were awful, and I agree, if spending $100K+, the Arachnids were well worth the $4,500-. I personally did NOT make the change to 21's based on a possible earlier delivery. I considered the advantages of BOTH the 19's vs. 21's and my decision was based on looks alone. Perhaps not everyone agrees, but for me personally, I could easily justify the additional $4,500.00. BTW, this was BEFORE the $5K price increase. If my decision was AFTER the $5K price increase, I would have purchased aftermarket 20's or 21's...
I’m going with aftermarket 20s. I had the prior Arachnids on my P100D. They were forged, and loved the look. The roads here are a problem with big wheels with low profile tires; I learned the hard way. Regardless, I thought about ordering with 21s when I placed my new order (3rd) in May. However, after seeing pics of the new Arachnids fitted with 295-30-21s, I said no way. Plus, the new Arachnids are not forged so I’d much rather buy aftermarket forged 20s.

Attachments

• 8EBEF4E0-4FC4-4BAA-952C-36FA908951FD.png
    8EBEF4E0-4FC4-4BAA-952C-36FA908951FD.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 55
I’m going with aftermarket 20s. I had the prior Arachnids on my P100D. They were forged, and loved the look. The roads here are a problem with big wheels with low profile tires; I learned the hard way. Regardless, I thought about ordering with 21s when I placed my new order (3rd) in May. However, after seeing pics of the new Arachnids fitted with 295-30-21s, I said no way. Plus, the new Arachnids are not forged so I’d much rather buy aftermarket forged 20s.
Understood; I'm kinda new here. Florida roads aren't bad, so I think I will be OK re 21's. I also thought for the $4500- it would be easier to just get that with the car vs. aftermarkets. I understand your thinking, needs, roads, etc. You made a good decision! Cheers...

Why not just take the 19s, save $4,500, use that savings to buy aftermarket 21s and basically have a free set of winter wheels for winter, the 18s?

Reactions: JaeTheDev
Why not just take the 19s, save $4,500, use that savings to buy aftermarket 21s and basically have a free set of winter wheels for winter, the 18s?
Your thinking is wise for many; I'm now retired, in Fl. and have no need for any tires other than the Michelin's on the 21's. Being old & LAZY, it's just easy to justify the $4,500- for the factory 21's rather than the hassle for a lazy old guy that I am to save a little by going aftermarket. Not saying my decision is wise for many, but for me, I can justify it. Cheers...

Reactions: GrnSqrl
Just took delivery of Model S LR. Black/Black/21s. No FSD. Ordered early May. RN1149. There were probably 6-7 MSLR on the lot. Apparently <25 have been delivered in GA so far.

This is my first Tesla. Car is amazing. Faster than I expected. Easier to 1-pedal drive than I expected. Yoke is different but on the balance a net improvement.

One bad thing I don't think others have noted much is that rear visibility and side mirrors are surprisingly poor.

Good thing: I think the front windshield is UV protected and sides are somewhat tinted/protected. I'm going to see how I like it before I try to tint it. I used to tint dark but now I dont really like that look as much.

I'm going to try to live with trickle charging at home :-/

Hope you all get your cars soon. I have lurked here for months...

Just took delivery of Model S LR. Black/Black/21s. No FSD. Ordered early May. RN1149. There were probably 6-7 MSLR on the lot. Apparently <25 have been delivered in GA so far.

This is my first Tesla. Car is amazing. Faster than I expected. Easier to 1-pedal drive than I expected. Yoke is different but on the balance a net improvement.

One bad thing I don't think others have noted much is that rear visibility and side mirrors are surprisingly poor.

Good thing: I think the front windshield is UV protected and sides are somewhat tinted/protected. I'm going to see how I like it before I try to tint it. I used to tint dark but now I dont really like that look as much.

I'm going to try to live with trickle charging at home :-/

Hope you all get your cars soon. I have lurked here for months...
Congrats; nice post & thanks!