Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I spoke to a rep in LA. He said that Tesla does not have 19 inch wheels and hasn’t started producing cars with 19 inch wheels. He estimated “early next year” for my LR ordered in January 2021. RN1144. Not his fault.
This is comically false, a bunch of Plaid guys with 19s got VINs so they are definitely being produced and Tesla definitely has them. Another classic case of “don’t trust the SA”

If this uncertainty goes into 2022 (seems almost certain that it will now), how many on this thread would consider reserving a Lucid Air instead? I say this as a 3-time Tesla owner, but at some point soon, I'm going to want to get a car! I sold my old S because I got a great offer for it and had my LR on order, and I am now driving a used ICE SUV the last 6 months, which is fine but not ideal. :(

Reactions: DrJ
If this uncertainty goes into 2022 (seems almost certain that it will now), how many on this thread would consider reserving a Lucid Air instead? I say this as a 3-time Tesla owner, but at some point soon, I'm going to want to get a car! I sold my old S because I got a great offer for it and had my LR on order, and I am now driving a used ICE SUV the last 6 months, which is fine but not ideal. :(
Just wondering where you got a deal on your old Tesla from?

Absolutely! I am looking for any good reason, other than merely contempt for Tesla, to ditch this order. Fingers crossed about the EQS this year.

And why exactly would you trust this information in the “system,” which has repeatedly given grossly false estimates? The system told me March 2021.
We should seriously start a new thread titled ‘stories told by SA’s as they vary wildly from some being oblivious to others that have apparent access to internal secret databases. It is improbable that some SA’s have access to information that others don’t and absolutely every story contains the words ‘should’ and ‘hopefully’. I think at the heart of it all….all of our SA’s would love nothing more than to give us our new wonderful toys and I suspect anything other than oblivion is just an SA trying to placate with hope to keep us on the teet. My guy is one of the oblivious but the strategy does work as I ain’t flinching and will hold for my MSM/Black/LR/19 until it sleeps in my garage (some day). I am a big BMW fan and was super hot to trot for the new i4 (M) but it just does not excite me like the MS does so I will remain addicted to this thread until I at last ascend to VINdom !

Seems like the right play is to reserve an Air as well. Refundable $1000. I did so and within 24 hours had a call from Lucid.

Don't know when they will be available. Dreams are supposed to go out this year, followed by Grand Touring and then Touring.

Pricing is still not locked down on their DreamDrive, etc.

Just a way to keep options open. I have an early June 1151xxx order (Black/Black 21" MS LR FSD). The longer the delay, the more time to consider other options.

Reactions: Ormond
I just took delivery today and I am just going to send my brand new car to the body shop to get out all the scratches out. kinda sucks but it is what it is.the car was just dropped off at my house by a guy who knew nothing about the car couldn't even help me open the compartments. Was most likey a detailer from some off center place. they 100% knew about the scratches because the car was perfect except for the smudge marks where the scratches were because they were touching them. I worked really hard to be able to afford this expensive of a car I kind of want to as nice as I can get it and keep it that way if I scratch then it's on me.

It's not like there is anyone to call either to ask if they would even consider fixing them or have me wait for another car, the service center here in LA is the worst I had to call NY to get updates on my car because they have a call center in NJ that answers every call if no one picks up at the local spots.

car is quick tho, yoke is a little wide at the bottom but it's something you can get used to. I am a one handed 12 o'clock right turn driver so I catch myself trying to grab the top of the wheel for a right but other then that it's ok.

Can't figure out the lane assist it seems like there is no lane assist unless like auto steering is on I thought that was kind of weird being every other car it's just one by default and you push a button and it's on or off. it's like you need to have it in self driving mode to even have lane assist. A few maniacs almost took me out today it's to be expected here everyone is looking for a lawsuit so they can have more money.

for what it's worth the car is great I've never even been inside of a Tesla until today, I bought it knowing nothing about it or the company because it's the only car I liked. I ordered it and there were none in any showroom not even an old S and didn't waste my time in a 3 or Y because I just don't like those models, maybe they are to round for me or something.

Other then the scratches I have no problems with the car. The gas pedal is stiff but it's to be expected with power like this I'll get used to it all. I am extremely impressed with the wood trim in the black interior I was thinking I was going to try to swap it with the carbon from the plaid but no way it's just too nice.

LR 21's Feb order
I am still waiting for my S LR so I can't say for sure but my 15 S 70 D had a option I think under controls that you could turn on or off lane assist. This shook the steering wheel when close to either line. I used auto piolet most the time so I turned off the assist, it was kind of obnoxious. The car drove better than me.

• Funny
Reactions: doubleshot
I am trying to keep my hopes and interest alive, but it's getting harder as the days then weeks go by. All this mis and bad information from the SA's, the constant here's your EDD!!! WOW, excitement!!!! Than - gone-, then again and again and again. I want to stay committed but its getting really hard. When I set out to spend over $100,000 on a car I was imagining being treated well, with kindness, dignity and a bit of respect. So far, I feel like I am being played. I really hope something happens soon. Sorry, I just needed to vent a bit. Thought this would be a good place for it since everyone here is experiencing the same thing. Well, most of us.

I don’t know about this. Delaying delivery of a car by over half a year because you don’t have the default wheels necessary to make it and then trying to upsell blingy wheels with the promise of timely delivery sounds shady. The right thing to do would be to offer the 21” wheels for free. Personally, I probably wouldn’t take them, but at least then I would think Tesla is making a good-faith effort to compensate customers for this debacle.
Now why can’t Tesla think of something reasonable like that? Eipi10 for COO!

I'll say this again: there is absolutely no reason for Tesla to not reach out to 19" reservation holders and give them the option of 21" wheels at the $4,500 cost increase. None at all. Better to book a $100,000 order now then wait until lord knows when. And I'm not about to pay $15,000 more for some wheels than I paid before because they took two price increases since then.

Even if they don't get 100% attach, all of that is profit upside for them. The entire post-purchase experience is horrendous; it's almost as if they have absolutely no one with a even the slightest hint of CX background working at this Fortune 50 company.

Don't get me wrong, I'm keeping my order because I love the cars. But it's just one mind-boggling misstep after another.

Tesla can and should strive to be better than this.
They will start calling people around end of quarter. I guarantee it.

Reactions: VikH and Danlbrau
This is comically false, a bunch of Plaid guys with 19s got VINs so they are definitely being produced and Tesla definitely has them. Another classic case of “don’t trust the SA”
Exactly! I wish my phone had a translator that would change comments like this:

“My SA said my car is in production planning and scheduled for delivery in October…”

To be displayed like this:

“My SA said blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah…”

I am trying to keep my hopes and interest alive, but it's getting harder as the days then weeks go by. All this mis and bad information from the SA's, the constant here's your EDD!!! WOW, excitement!!!! Than - gone-, then again and again and again. I want to stay committed but its getting really hard. When I set out to spend over $100,000 on a car I was imagining being treated well, with kindness, dignity and a bit of respect. So far, I feel like I am being played. I really hope something happens soon. Sorry, I just needed to vent a bit. Thought this would be a good place for it since everyone here is experiencing the same thing. Well, most of us.
SADLY sir, likely [many] thousands totally agree. Personally, I can't imagine any individual or company pull this stuff and especially one that is growing like no other company prior. How sad would it be to see tens of thousands of employees as well as many more times that amount in family members, suppliers and on and on, out of work and because of lies, and worse from the top few executives. A shocking number of us are ever so close to pulling the plug! Sorry...

Reactions: glide and Danlbrau
Uhhhhhh…yes it does. If they don’t deliver in a reasonable time they must refund you. I filed a chargeback for a solar installation and it went through. No response from Tesla.

You need a new Credit Card company.
The problem is you have to file a chargeback within 60 days of your statement date with the charge. Most of us that have been misled are out a lot longer than that and no longer eligible to dispute the charge.