Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered mine in May as well. Had a December EDD for a long time. It’s been blank for quite a while. FWIW spoke to an SA yesterday (after an hour hold) who was adamant that April/May orders were all getting VINs and I would be getting one imminently. Wondering if others have heard this. Of course I don’t really believe it but it creates a glimmer of hope.
I ordered my LR MS/ black interior, 19" wheels on May 1 in the mall and the SA in the mall looked up my order over the weekend and said I was slated for October production and October delivery even though my online EDD said 9/20-30 at the time and now says 9/15-29. SAs are wonderfully consistent. Maybe I should take one for the team and try to get one of the open Tesla SA jobs near me. Would be fun to report from behind the iron curtain.

Just scheduled my pick up for 9/28. I have always planned to have a beam 14-50 plug installed at my office for charging but it appears that Tesla is out of adapters currently. Does the car come with an adapter is it a separate purchases? Also, are there any other home/office charging options that make sense?

Any updates on whether cars are still coming with radar units? My Vision MYP has a lot of AP issues.

Just scheduled my pick up for 9/28. I have always planned to have a beam 14-50 plug installed at my office for charging but it appears that Tesla is out of adapters currently. Does the car come with an adapter is it a separate purchases? Also, are there any other home/office charging options that make sense?

I believe it comes with the regular 110V adapter (NEMA 5-15).

Reactions: cwanja
No 240V NEMA adapter included. You could ask the service center, sometimes they have NEMA adapters in-stock. You do get a 120V (standard US outlet) mobile charger, so you could trickle charge off that. You get roughly 3%/hour off it. Depending on your commute / time at the office, this might suffice for a while.

Reactions: Jabbahop
Me too. For my previous cars, I did quick inspection just looking for obvious things (dents and scratches) but never had a checklist before. Does everyone picking up at Teslas have checklists now?

The no checklist approach is not so great. With other cars, I noticed issues afterwards some of which I decided to live with (oddly enough panel gaps and interior fitment issues which I will now be eagle eyed in checking out/ Teslas get no break from anyone on these because of how publicized they are).

The one car I did get fixed post-delivery was a MB because my cursory inspection was at night and I missed a significant scratch on the bumper and a scratch on the rear seat. My MB experience is actually a plus for Tesla because the reason I had to do my pick up inspection in the dark was because I spent all day negotiating the price and then saying no about 1000 times to the Finance/ extended warranty salesperson.

Not having to deal with a Car salesperson or a Finance "sales" person is a first for me.
I still remember allowing a salesman to upsell me on payment gap insurance.

My down payment was 32%. I NEVER had an upside down loan, for the entire life of the car.
PLUS, I think it would've made more sense to get gap insurance from my car insurance company. But he just kept talking and talking and talking...

So yeah, this is infinitely better than that!

Last edited:
Reactions: Btrflyl8e
I’m a January order and my SA said a Sept delivery was unlikely. And my config doesn’t appear to be supply constrained and I’m a Fremont factory direct pickup so it’s not a transportation issue. It’s possible since he’s told me a dozen times it was coming “soon” he’s learned to under promise and over deliver, but I’m not holding my breath.
Face plant.

27 plaids avail and your Jan order uncertain.

Face plant

It's baffling to me why there isn't widespread red-hot outrage at Tesla delivering cars to inventory before meeting each and every backorder they've got.
I think it’s more related to people who made multiple orders and cancelled as they got their first choice. Those cars got built and shipped out and then couldn’t find a home. Or people got tired of waiting and got something else. Or couldn’t come up with the money when the time came.

Its obvious Plaids made up most of June-August production, so we’ll probably see LRs start to show up soon for the same reasons now that they are being delivered in large numbers.

Reactions: tbaud
It's baffling to me why there isn't widespread red-hot outrage at Tesla delivering cars to inventory before meeting each and every backorder they've got.

Ah, maybe because it seems that 95% of them are Plaids. After that, it seems they are rejects (maybe do to quality) that got fixed some, or if your lucky they are finance fall throughs - but ya don't know. There have also been no white interior ones that are LR at all, etc.

Reactions: cwanja
No 240V NEMA adapter included. You could ask the service center, sometimes they have NEMA adapters in-stock. You do get a 120V (standard US outlet) mobile charger, so you could trickle charge off that. You get roughly 3%/hour off it. Depending on your commute / time at the office, this might suffice for a while.
Wait. Do you mean that when we pick up our new Model S, it won’t come with a 240V charging cord? Like the one that came with my Model 3? Asking because I’m selling my Model 3 in order to help pay for the S. And if my car doesn’t come with a 240V charging cord I may need to keep the one I’ve got. Which may be a problem for the people (or Carvana) buying my M3.

Wait. Do you mean that when we pick up our new Model S, it won’t come with a 240V charging cord? Like the one that came with my Model 3? Asking because I’m selling my Model 3 in order to help pay for the S. And if my car doesn’t come with a 240V charging cord I may need to keep the one I’ve got. Which may be a problem for the people (or Carvana) buying my M3.
Correct, there is no 240V adapter included with purchases any more. Stopped in 2018 or early 2019. You have to (re)purchase or retain your old adapter. You still get a mobile charger (and J1772 adapter), but it is just the standard US 120V adapter with the mobile charger.

Current model 3 also doesn't come with a 14-50 adapter. Just order the plug adapter now.

Reactions: McQ14 and cwanja