Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you miss your Model S? I am moving from a loaded 2021 BMW 5 Series to a Model S LR soon and keep going back and forth. Been with BMW so long it is hard to change.
I"m doing the same. I test drove the new 5 series and they're just not a lot of new features compared to my 2019 other than a slightly larger screen. In a few years, I think it'll be worth looking at the Mercedes and BMW EVs, but they just don't have the range or charger network that Tesla does today.

Reactions: Vinny860 and MEL-22
Don’t think it’s because of FSD, got my VIN today and I do not have FSD, my order date got pushed around from September but one SA did tell me that my car was going to be built in Oct. I called Tesla up and they said my car is on the transport on the way to Seattle. So I don’t think they are sending the VINs as soon as the car is off the production line
I think its a bit of a random crapshoot. I had a VIN on 9/28, but my car has a build date of 10/7 (wasn't even built when I got a VIN). Also no FSD at order.

With the EV credits appearing to be not retroactive for 2021 purchases, a lot of 3/Y buyers may decline delivery until 2022. Tesla should shift production to S/X to not take a big hit on revenue in Q4. I see a lot more MSLR made now through end of year.
Not that simple., they are completely different production lines.

I have the exact same building and exact same EDD. Fingers crossed. On the cap is the base value? Pre-refresh base was $69420.
it was never that low and won't be on the base but msrp with options. if by base you're taking about without the long range package, you couldn't have ever bought that.

• Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike
I have a RN1149xxx order, and had a VIN assigned at end of September. I postponed that delivery till end of October. Just got a VIN number yesterday, with a delivery window of 10/28 through 11/1. White/Black/19, no FSD. The exact delivery date is important to me. I'm in California, and state rebate changes from $1.5K to $750 on November 2.

2021 VIN.
How was the process of postponing? I will be gone from 7th of december to end of feb and currently have a recently moved (last week) nov 9th-dec 4th date from oct 26 nov 16. I do not expect them to deliver as they have been wrong with the edd since they told me april on the feb 1145 order. I will need to postpone most likely and am interested in how it goes down

I have no SA to talk to about it to glean intel as the 3 I have had have all "left" since my original order. Biggest worry obviously was not meeting delivery and having to cancel as I doubt I would buy with upgraded price and eventual price cuts.