Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery on Saturday. Car far exceeded my expectations. Never owned an EV. All transitions to an EV are none issues. As someone who was allows a bottom of the wheel driver the yoke is perfect. No issues with turn signals but do not like the horn placement. Now the painful wait for tinting and ceramic coating. Going to be a long few days.

To summarize I think anyone taking a chance and waiting for a 22 are out of their minds. Take what fate gives you and enjoy the hell out of it.

Sorry about the picture composition. A storm was rolling in as I brought her home. Will upload better pics after tint and ceramic.
Congrats neighbor! Did you pick up from Devon? Where are you getting your tint and ceramic coating done at? I'm out near Longwood Gardens and am still looking for a shop to do mine.

An SA told me today that there is a car being manufactured that I’m soft matched to… I’ll believe it when I see the VIN, but that lines up timing wise for the end of my EDD. And I sure as *sugar* feel entitled to a car with all these 115x getting VINs

1147, 4/1, MSM, Cream, 19s, no FSD
Just got the VIN! MF456. No change to EDD (Nov 19-Dec 3), but feels like I’ll get it the last day.

1637176396425.gif

Last edited:
My EDD just got pushed from 11/16 - 11/28 to 11/23 - 12/21
It happened like 4 times, when it was close to the delivery date it got pushed back.
Yep. Same thing has happened to me 3 times, and I expect the same to happen to me tomorrow. Typically, the EDD slips 1 day after your current EDD starts. Same pattern every time.

Just priced this out and can confirm. Tesla is offering me $31,500 for my car, which I thought was pretty generous. Now that my delivery is coming up I got a quote from Carvana and it’s close to $35,000. Had I known my car would have increased so much in value during my wait, I might have splurged for the arachnids!
I have another MS that will be here in a few weeks. It has 21s but I need 19s out here in the east. Dm me and we can trade once we receive the cars. U would just pay shipping

No Model S 2022 has been delivered. So we have no clue. The expectation is no. Tesla also does not make ‘major’ model year changes. They might make some changes between years, but not a redesign exterior or something.
Not recently. For the 2021 model year, Tesla refreshed Model 3 cars with heat pump, performance battery size, chrome delete, new wheels and a few other items. I believe it was a clean 2020 to 2021 model year switch.
You give my 1151 heart a little hope.
Can give an 1147 hope

Reactions: BruinIvy
Do you know if you can you split the payment method between cashiers check and credit card or does Tesla not accept credit card payments?
AFAIK The reservation fee is all they allow with credit cards. I read that somewhere in some fine print a while back. I was hoping to get that 2% cash back if I put it all on my card. 😊

I found it on this page under "Payments and Fees"

Do you know if you can you split the payment method between cashiers check and credit card or does Tesla not accept credit card payments?
I just asked customer service and they replied the policy may vary for you final payments. In my area (Seattle, Renton), you have to transfer you money from one back account. And they definitely do not accept credit card as final payment.

I tried to call our local SC about that, and basically was told that some are being delivered with AS and some with summer times still. It's up in the air. I really hope that I get AS tires.
I have it in writing from my SA that my car will come with all season tires. Hopefully if it doesn't, I can use this as leverage to get replacement all seasons as some others have. Summer tires simply won't do in Chicago winters.

I have it in writing from my SA that my car will come with all season tires. Hopefully if it doesn't, I can use this as leverage to get replacement all seasons as some others have. Summer tires simply won't do in Chicago winters.
Well it's nice that your SA actually replies to you! I wish I could get a peep out of mine! My SA Jessica was super helpful for the first week after ordering then went entirely dark on me. I'm going to be furious if I get summer tires delivered on my car in the middle of winter in Chicago.

Reactions: Jabbahop
Tesla doesn’t accept credit card payments… however, there’s this company called plastiq that allows to you send money by check/wire transfer and having the funds come from a credit card. Do a search for “plastiq” in this forum and you can see it’s definitely been done… in fact, I did it as well for a portion of the balance to take advantage of a new card bonus points. Paying the card right back after it clears. But, yes plastiq’s wired transfer to tesla is the only loophole way around to pay by credit card