Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki 2021+ Model S Refresh - Missing/Incomplete Software Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My FSD 2022 Model S is like a 386 computer. Outdated, impossible to use, the interface is shite, you can't even use the AC without the Auto blasting you with fan noise, you can't easily turn down the fan without finding it on the screen(the old S had it on the instrument cluster), I can't beep the horn BECAUSE I CAN NEVER FIND IT! The screen is facing the back seat.. why? Why isn't it on a tiltable arm. Who is looking at it in the back seat?

You can't hangup the phone without getting rid of the text that just popped up... why is button on the scroll wheel not used for that? You can't ask it to play a song without it crashing... ie playing it from some streaming station that flips to the next song randomly, it won't store favorites, the Apple app is useless, and the FSD is useless and scary. It doesn't like roundabouts. The electric charging door never seems to open when I press the handle. My 3rd and LAST Tesla. Maybe they can launch it atop the next starship and it can have a controlled disassembly. Face it. Musk company is run by the cheapest worst software engineers Texas can hire.

My FSD 2022 Model S is like a 386 computer. Outdated, impossible to use, the interface is shite, you can't even use the AC without the Auto blasting you with fan noise, you can't easily turn down the fan without finding it on the screen(the old S had it on the instrument cluster), I can't beep the horn BECAUSE I CAN NEVER FIND IT! The screen is facing the back seat.. why? Why isn't it on a tiltable arm. Who is looking at it in the back seat?

You can't hangup the phone without getting rid of the text that just popped up... why is button on the scroll wheel not used for that? You can't ask it to play a song without it crashing... ie playing it from some streaming station that flips to the next song randomly, it won't store favorites, the Apple app is useless, and the FSD is useless and scary. It doesn't like roundabouts. The electric charging door never seems to open when I press the handle. My 3rd and LAST Tesla. Maybe they can launch it atop the next starship and it can have a controlled disassembly. Face it. Musk company is run by the cheapest worst software engineers Texas can hire.
Call; 1-800-GOT-JUNK, or
Call Ghostbusters, or
Call @Ramphex

🤣

• Funny
Reactions: Ramphex
I think it's an improvement with nav, fsd beta, speed limit.

Ok, I think the current version is better than legacy Model S display.

Now the only way to display tire pressure or current trip statistics etc requires exclusive use of the whole center screen for this tiny, tiny amount of information. This is poor execution and utilization of what used to be customizable and displayed in a very small portion of the instrument cluster.

How is this not poor implementation?

Now the only way to display tire pressure or current trip statistics etc requires exclusive use of the whole center screen for this tiny, tiny amount of information. This is poor execution and utilization of what used to be customizable and displayed in a very small portion of the instrument cluster.

How is this not poor implementation?
Most people rarely look at their tire pressure. That's not something that's important to me outside of the alert when it's low or checking before long trips.

But the music was pointless as it's on the main screen and energy graph is also something that can be pulled up, but unnecessary to have up at all times.

Especially with FSD being fixed behind the wheel, there wasn't room for all of that.

Anyone know if we have TACC/AP following distance adjustment on the right scroll wheel yet?

Most people rarely look at their tire pressure. That's not something that's important to me outside of the alert when it's low or checking before long trips.

But the music was pointless as it's on the main screen and energy graph is also something that can be pulled up, but unnecessary to have up at all times.

Especially with FSD being fixed behind the wheel, there wasn't room for all of that.
Pointless? The FSD visualization is pointless. Its easier to view the IC so music and a power meter would be better.

Anyone know if we have TACC/AP following distance adjustment on the right scroll wheel yet?

Pointless? The FSD visualization is pointless. Its easier to view the IC so music and a power meter would be better.
Agree to disagree. I'm selecting songs on the main screen and can see it there. I don't have any reason for it to also be behind the wheel, but no the right scroll wheel doesn't adjust distances or FSD Beta profiles, yet.

Reactions: Great White