Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Monkey kicked me in the nuts this a.m. - not first time I checked (about 7 a.m. Eastern) but now - 9:30 Eastern - from 11/22 to 12/12 to 12/3-12-31 - interestingly, I now have a 4 week window (that was pushed back).
I'm wondering if 2 week windows mean car is slotted, and 4 weeks is approximate targeted date but car not slotted for build yet.
Curse of the white interior?
In fantasy world, if I was offered a Plaid at the pre-increased price I'd seriously consider it (having Plaid remorse) - and I'd at least consider cream over white, though I really want white. Or a Tesla for that matter!
I thought when my charger installation was set (October 21) the planets would align. Nope. Nyet. Zilch. Nada.
Bummer.

As of this minute (subject to change any moment now), I am now in my EDD of Oct. 05 - 25. Still no VIN. Stay tuned...
Update: Great news

My wall charger (installed & obviously never used) is not yet, but almost out of warranty.

P.S. No update on my EDD of today - Oct. 25.

Later y'all...

After an update yesterday, I have a 2 day pushback to Oct 18 - Nov 1 . Still a 14 day window.

This is the first time I’ve had 2 updates on consecutive days.

FWIW , is my LR white interior reservation the oldest posted here? I’m claiming seniority.

Oddly, you ordered a month or two before me and have a later EDD as of right now, even though I believe we have the exact same spec. Also - I remember when you posted way back in Jan that "we have to pay the new price but will get priority" yet, here we are.... lol (I also remember your post stating you switched to the white interior, my, how that one decision on that fateful day...)

But - with that, I expect mine to get shoved back any day now. No way I get a VIN before you do.

Monkey kicked me in the nuts this a.m. - not first time I checked (about 7 a.m. Eastern) but now - 9:30 Eastern - from 11/22 to 12/12 to 12/3-12-31 - interestingly, I now have a 4 week window (that was pushed back).
I'm wondering if 2 week windows mean car is slotted, and 4 weeks is approximate targeted date but car not slotted for build yet.
Curse of the white interior?
In fantasy world, if I was offered a Plaid at the pre-increased price I'd seriously consider it (having Plaid remorse) - and I'd at least consider cream over white, though I really want white. Or a Tesla for that matter!
I thought when my charger installation was set (October 21) the planets would align. Nope. Nyet. Zilch. Nada.
Bummer.
Give me a break. You're delusional if you believe that EDDs are when the cars are being "slotted" or "targeted" for production. Was my car "slotted" or "targeted" for production back in March, when Tesla hadn't even developed and tested the car--a month before lying Elon gave his remarks about scouring the whole Bay Area for USB cables?