Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What fit finish issues did you experience??
Paint IMHO, poor at best, detailer as well did an extremely poor job, parts of especially the front end felt like fine sand paper, weatherstripping sticking out 1", another piece of trim had a noticeable gap. Panel gap issue, rear trunk, front driver's seat and rear right seat wrinkled, and a few others. At this price point none of these issues should occur!!!!!

Sorry, here are more details -

RN1155, VIN - MF453, Plaid, MSM, ordered 9/4, CA, picking up Monday!
Congrats, but it’s beyond my comprehension to understand why Tesla skips over people who have been waiting for 6+ months to promptly deliver new orders.

Well folks, looks like I got assigned to a car that magically appeared (probably someone rejected) in my same configuration. I've been waiting since September 2020 and after being promised June, July, August, blank, February, October, November, December.....

I finally have a VIN and car is ready for pickup, except it's a 2021 "MF" car.

I ended up buying another new car last month just to satisfy my car buying urge, so what would you do......take this magical car or wait for a 2022? First world problems I know but this will be prob the last of the 2021 VINs and I'm like why should I get the resale hit? Also some rumors of motorized screens etc for 2022.

My delivery went great today. Couple of minor issues fixed on the spot. The paint quality, finish and fit are better than my 2018. No color correction will be required, so I’m going straight to ceramic coat and tinting. It’s a LR MSM/white VIN MF4526 ordered 9/1 (I know, don’t give me hard time). The performance is unbelievable and interior is substantially upgraded. Lots of little details with materials, lighting, center console features, rear controls and armrest, coat hooks, etc. Yoke is okay so far, and I would prefer stalks for turn signal in particular. But overall, best yet and feels like a modern, new experience.

Well folks, looks like I got assigned to a car that magically appeared (probably someone rejected) in my same configuration. I've been waiting since September 2020 and after being promised June, July, August, blank, February, October, November, December.....

I finally have a VIN and car is ready for pickup, except it's a 2021 "MF" car.

I ended up buying another new car last month just to satisfy my car buying urge, so what would you do......take this magical car or wait for a 2022? First world problems I know but this will be prob the last of the 2021 VINs and I'm like why should I get the resale hit? Also some rumors of motorized screens etc for 2022.
I wouldn’t count on a 2022 having any discernible difference from recent 2021 builds. Tesla doesn’t differentiate features by build year. The resale hit is real but maybe not as pronounced as other brands for the same reason I just stated.

I wouldn’t count on a 2022 having any discernible difference from recent 2021 builds. Tesla doesn’t differentiate features by build year. The resale hit is real but maybe not as pronounced as other brands for the same reason I just stated.
Well… I can understand the resale value impact for similar looking cars. It’s been my experience through a few cars that I’ve owned and sold that it really comes down to car condition - quality of paint, scratches, interior condition. I’ve always sold my cars at asking price that has been on the top end of next year Model cars (and trucks).

People will pay if they're impressed with how you’ve maintained the vehicle! A used car’s buyer’s biggest concern is - I hope the seller’s not hiding something. Fix that by staging well and the money flows! Just like selling a house.

Oh, I’ve never ever traded in because fixating on a buyer’s emotion pays way more than some trade in company’s agent that has no desire / weakness you can address!

One more thing - the only deals I win are the ones I’m prepared to walk away from!

Last edited:
The first day of my last EDD started today (10/30 - 11/13). Got bumped as expected and new EDD is 11/11 - 11-23.

So it'll probably be December and I'll probably delay it to next year, maybe once ANC works and if they do any minor changes.
Your date narrowed slightly, I'd say that's good news and your VIN is soon if not imminent. I'm an optimist though!

If I was buying a used tesla I would pay more for a non EOQ car. Realistically I think it would only matter on sites like vroom and Carmax that use a formula to determine value

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
My EDD just narrowed from Nov 11 - Dec 9 to Nov 15 - Nov 29. It’s the first time my EDD has had a range shorter than 20 days. Looks like it’s finally happening. Details in the signature.
Similar change.

Went from 11/28 - 12/18 to 11/12 - 11/26. First move in almost a month and a half. Take it. Also less than three weeks. See if it holds or moves around. I am expecting the latter.

Last edited: