Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MS 19” Tempest Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s also nice to see there is some correlation to order dates and priority of EDDs. You 2020 orders are finally getting some love!
Once again, I have to disagree! I also received the email about receiving my model S. I amso glad that they are sorry that I may be disappointed. When I checked my account the EDD I received is Nov 14 - Dec 4. This is for a blue / cream / 19 LR. RN is 1142. Ordered 1 Dec 202.

Once again, I have to disagree! I also received the email about receiving my model S. I amso glad that they are sorry that I may be disappointed. When I checked my account the EDD I received is Nov 14 - Dec 4. This is for a blue / cream / 19 LR. RN is 1142. Ordered 1 Dec 202.
Wow. I actually found someone that should be more upset than me. I ordered end of feb white/black/ 19 LR Same EDD as you.
So dumb, sold my car based on my SA and profile saying August. Now have to figure what to do as this shuffling of cars and driving my wife to work is getting old.

Terrible customer service and overall business practices, I almost hope they get they @$$ kicked by MB / Lucid to teach them how to treat their customers, but I’m also an investor so that would suck 😵‍💫

Reactions: Danlbrau
I ordered 3/15 - RN11467, my EDD has been showing August for a while. SA is also saying August. I'm in Texas.
But I have 19s on LR with White interior, so I am worried that August is not going to happen at this point with that config.

Well, I did say SOME correlation. 😉

Did you make any changes to your order after December? Your configuration is identical to mine so I don’t see why my EDD is six weeks earlier than yours. I’m told it’s the RN not the MVOA date but like everything Tesla you just can’t be sure.

Danlbrau, Have you received a confirmed delivery date? Has your EDD changed?
Well, I had an EDD pop up this morning of Sept 14-30, so I contacted my SA to ask what happens if I’m out of town (which I am Sept 21-30). Interestingly, he said on his side delivery is expected in mid October. So we shall see. Makes me wonder just what they used to populate all those EDDs today.

1628644544518.gif

Well, I had an EDD pop up this morning of Sept 14-30, so I contacted my SA to ask what happens if I’m out of town (which I am Sept 21-30). Interestingly, he said on his side delivery is expected in mid October. So we shall see. Makes me wonder just what they used to populate all those EDDs today.

View attachment 695034
And someone else said that their February date is actually November / December from their SA. The saga continues.

My SA today told me all he can see is *only* what is available for me to see on my account- now February - and there is no backend system to lookup statuses.

Somebody ain’t telling the truth here and it’s suspiciously everybody.
My SA tells me the same. Others report their SAs can see more in their special system view. Someone’s full of shite here….

Well, I did say SOME correlation. 😉

Did you make any changes to your order after December? Your configuration is identical to mine so I don’t see why my EDD is six weeks earlier than yours. I’m told it’s the RN not the MVOA date but like everything Tesla you just can’t be sure.
No, it is the same order configuration that I had when I agreed to the refresh change from the pre-refresh car.

Same config here, but I feel like I'm the only one who got the email but still doesn't have ANY date. Up until August 1st, my EDD was "July", and it's been blank since.

Honestly I'd rather they just tell me February so I can plan for that instead of not knowing when they'll spring it on me. Is anyone else still sitting on a blank estimated date?
I got my wish:
1628691715287.png
🤪

How can you ask a customer to wait 1.5 years for a car? With zero reason.
It’s like they invited you to their house, never answered the door and took away your ride home and you wait there indefinitely.
lol.

I was expecting to wait until Q1 anyway, since I ordered a Plaid+ back in September 2020 on launch day. I have a little FOMO but honestly it's good for my impulse control to make me wait until they've ironed the bugs out for a few months. Not that it excuses the poor communication on their part - that's par for the course.

lol.

I was expecting to wait until Q1 anyway, since I ordered a Plaid+ back in September 2020 on launch day. I have a little FOMO but honestly it's good for my impulse control to make me wait until they've ironed the bugs out for a few months. Not that it excuses the poor communication on their part - that's par for the course.
You are definitely a half glass full kinda person. Bravo. I should absorb some of that pos-tude.

Reactions: jebinc and T-Racer
lol.

My expectations (until they cancelled the Plaid+) were also 2022 delivery, but for a fairly different product, based on 4680 cells so much longer range and handling, possibly faster charging and lighter overall. Which is the main reason I originally declined converting down to Plaid when Tesla called me in late-May.

Instead, shortly after Elon cancelled the Plaid+ in early June, Tesla auto-converted us to an inferior (while still fantastic, of course) product that started shipping in Q2 2021, a full year ahead of the mid-2022 delivery timeframe for the Plaid+.

So while I command your positive and glass-half-full attitude, I see no reason for Tesla to delay 2020 orders for the Plaid to 2022, especially since much more recent orders for the Plaid are getting deliveries now.

My expectations (until they cancelled the Plaid+) were also 2022 delivery, but for a fairly different product, based on 4680 cells so much longer range and handling, possibly faster charging and lighter overall. Which is the main reason I originally declined converting down to Plaid when Tesla called me in late-May.

Instead, shortly after Elon cancelled the Plaid+ in early June, Tesla auto-converted us to an inferior (while still fantastic, of course) product that started shipping in Q2 2021, a full year ahead of the mid-2022 delivery timeframe for the Plaid+.

So while I command your positive and glass-half-full attitude, I see no reason for Tesla to delay 2020 orders for the Plaid to 2022, especially since much more recent orders for the Plaid are getting deliveries now.
You raise a good point - I felt like the rug was pulled out when they cancelled the Plaid+ - I would have gladly waited for the 4680, <9s version of the car. If they do decide they've got 4680 production in good enough shape to launch an actual Plaid+ at the end of 2022, I'll be super pissed.