Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MS 19” Tempest Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
dumb question, I guess you have to drill a hole? are existing holes being used? I thought I saw a youtube video that used grommets to install it without damaging the car.
Yeah, I drilled some holes. Easily plugged with push pins should I want to try molded ones someday. Right now, the real damage occurs when you go without flaps of some kind. Good luck!

Tesla lists two types of tires in the manual.

To my knowledge, all 19” deliveries thus far have been Plaids or located in California. Stands to reason those vehicles would only receive summer tires.

Once LR deliveries start in the Northeast we should see all seasons equipped.

yea really, I'll be pissed if I'm getting my LR in December in Ohio with summer tires

To my knowledge, all 19” deliveries thus far have been Plaids or located in California. Stands to reason those vehicles would only receive summer tires.

Once LR deliveries start in the Northeast we should see all seasons equipped.
Maybe some truth to that, though not everything in California is So Cal with blue skies and sunny days. This is a huge state with some significant mountain weather. Well, maybe except for this past year. In 2016, we had over 650" of snow just in one season. I plan to put winter tires on my stock Tempest wheels, and get another set with 3-season tires.

• Love
Reactions: T-Racer and jebinc
Congratulations ! Perfect for me if you have a blue Plaid, I ordered one too with the 19' wheels and I'm searching for pictures of the same car without the wheels covers, so pleaaaaase, be fair to take good shots and post them here. THANKS A LOT IN ADVANCE and geetings from Switzerland!
@BlueBeast - I can confirm this MotherFrunker is a BLUE BEAST. I can try to do as you ask though I am not mechanically inclined at all (HOW DO I DO THIS SAFELY?), and rarely have time for stuff like this until the weekend.

Greetings Switzerland!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
@BlueBeast - I can confirm this MotherFrunker is a BLUE BEAST. I can try to do as you ask though I am not mechanically inclined at all (HOW DO I DO THIS SAFELY?), and rarely have time for stuff like this until the weekend.

Greetings Switzerland!
I think they pop right off. You probably will need to know how to remove them anyway to clean underneath now and then.
Someone earlier walked up to a mule parked at a Tesla site and did it. Just glad he didn't get caught! I too would love to see photos, though I ordered a white MS.

Congratulations ! Perfect for me if you have a blue Plaid, I ordered one too with the 19' wheels and I'm searching for pictures of the same car without the wheels covers, so pleaaaaase, be fair to take good shots and post them here. THANKS A LOT IN ADVANCE and geetings from Switzerland!

Greetings Switzerland!
I think they pop right off. You probably will need to know how to remove them anyway to clean underneath now and then.
Someone earlier walked up to a mule parked at a Tesla site and did it. Just glad he didn't get caught! I too would love to see photos, though I ordered a white MS.
@jebinc has a ton of photos and links in the LR thread. @jebinc can you link to that post?

With regards to ease of popping them of, they are just clipped on. Some force will be required to take them off and pop them back on, but you should not be worried about 1) being unable to take them off and 2) them flying off while driving (unless you mash a curb).

Reactions: afarkas2222