Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MS 19” Tempest Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3 Plaids with 19s are at my SC, near Denver. (One of them is mine! :) ) The tires are P Zeros, with small PZ4 stamped near the rims, and also stamped Select. I've heard PZ4 means summer tire, and Select means AS. So, what does it mean when they say both?
This might be confusing but they are PZ4 Elect. The ‘Elect’ are new tires by Pirelli made for EVs. Apparently, they come in 3 versions: Summer, All Season, and Winter. The PZ4 Elect appear to be the summer version.

You guys be glad you got the 19" version. I've had my MSLR w/ 21s for a few months now and I am regretting it. This this rides very rough with the 21s and I am contemplating getting aftermarket 19s to help smooth the ride. Tired of hearing my wife bitch... (she can't type on her phone while moving its so bumpy). Yes I have tried all the suspension ride options, nothing helps.

You're right !... The wheel's "arms" are stupidly too shorts, so the wheel looks as a 18' one! The 19' Tempest wheel, with it's longer arms, looks much better. This Cardenio's design choice is one of the worst Tesla did... Unfortunately the special dimensions of the 2021 Model S wheels don't give us another choice (at this time). ☹️

In any case, some pictures of an entire deep blue Model S Plaid without the 19' wheels caps will be appreciated a lot by many of us, naturally other colors of cars are welcome too 😌
These wheels are now commonly referred to as Lobster Forks. ;)

You guys be glad you got the 19" version. I've had my MSLR w/ 21s for a few months now and I am regretting it. This this rides very rough with the 21s and I am contemplating getting aftermarket 19s to help smooth the ride. Tired of hearing my wife bitch... (she can't type on her phone while moving its so bumpy). Yes I have tried all the suspension ride options, nothing helps.

Be careful ! the front and rear wheels have different dimensions (the Plaid ones and it could be the same thing for the LR ones).
Those Tsportline are not so "extraordinary" to pay so much for them.
The problem is to find good quality ones strong enough to resist to the car's weight and the very big torque...Chinese wheels to forget absolutely and design that looks strong to choose if you go to cast wheels, lighter design possible with at least flowforming system wheels are the tips to be as much quiet as possible for the price paid.
Forged wheels have no limit regarding the prices, they are mainly very light for their sizes but don't imagine that they are safe from problems caused by bad roads or potholes: My son has 21' HRE rims on his P100D and on 4 rims 2 had to be rectified because they were no longer rounds (no visible shocks on them) and our roads over here are goods to very goods !!... Nothing is simple 🤔

Reactions: FlatSix911
Hallelujah I have a VIN!!! 1/1/21 order and finally have a VIN. 😁

9245713D-FA16-4BA8-AB73-292D48336B13_1_201_a.jpeg

TSportline wheels are so overpriced.
I've ordered a set of these forged in 21" staggered. (Will use the 19's in winter). They are on the way (way early since my date has moved out, but whatever). Lou is a forum vendor in the wheels section of the site. I ordered through him. Under $2600 for 4 shipped.

These look nice as well

Reactions: DukeofURL
They are not A/S.

You have a Plaid (I believe). Hopefully the 19" on a LR are coming with A/S. Not sure if anyone has taken delivery yet. That would explain why Tesla lists both A/S and Summer for the 19" wheels. One for Plaid and one for LR, but just speculation on my end.

As others, I hoping to use the 19" during our mild winters if they are A/S.

Reactions: jebinc