Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MS 19” Tempest Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My SA (I know, I know) said the waves of S's coming out at the end of the year and early next year are using a 'new chip', so Tesla could also still be in the middle of massive transitions. Or my SA could've been making stuff up, who knows.
No way! An SA making it up? I think the SAs are often in the dark, it’s not their fault. Having said that, I get my car tomorrow morning….. They delivered tons of them in the last few days.

My SA (I know, I know) said the waves of S's coming out at the end of the year and early next year are using a 'new chip', so Tesla could also still be in the middle of massive transitions. Or my SA could've been making stuff up, who knows.
This morning I got an email from Tesla asking me to make full payment for the car! I checked my account and saw that they have assigned a VIN. The new EDD is Sep 27 to Sep 30. Is this their Q3 push?

Yesterday they had moved my EDD from September to October. What is going on ???

This morning I got an email from Tesla asking me to make full payment for the car! I checked my account and saw that they have assigned a VIN. The new EDD is Sep 27 to Sep 30. Is this their Q3 push?

Yesterday they had moved my EDD from September to October. What is going on ???
As I was a bit confused I called the Sales group in CA this morning. What I found out was very interesting. My car was already built on 9/10! It will be shipped and be in the Kansas City showroom/service center on September 27 for their inspection. I am supposed to pick up my car on September 29 at 10:00 AM. This is getting exciting. I did remove FSD to reduce the sales tax (9.1%), property tax and insurance premium. I may add FSD once it available to everyone. I was told that all LRs should have all season tires, which I am going to check.

I asked the sales person in CA why the discrepancy between their estimate and the actual dates. He could not answer the question other than "it is just an estimate".

Hope the Q3 push puts lots of Model S cars in people's garage and brings joy to folks who have been waiting for a long time.

But these pieces missing (including the mats) are changed. The parcel shelf has changed. The sub trunk cover is also changed. And the corner trunk cover / saver is new.
Interesting. I didn't know Are these just minor changes, or something beneficially different? Yes, they're just covers, so no big whoop. The corner one is new and interesting, which I may actually leave off. I like to place tall skinny items in there, typically my UMC so that it does not get buried under other stuff.

Interesting. I didn't know Are these just minor changes, or something beneficially different? Yes, they're just covers, so no big whoop. The corner one is new and interesting, which I may actually leave off. I like to place tall skinny items in there, typically my UMC so that it does not get buried under other stuff.
  • Parcel shelf new, now magnetic and locks into the sides; also a different size than before and is not interchangeable
  • Subtrunk floor cover I believe is a difference size than before. Should be the easiest to procure.
  • Corner saver / corner floor cover is brand new.
  • Mats are all different in sizes and the drivers side includes a dead pedal cover now.
Most of the changes come from subtle, space changes. But I imagine these shortages are likely carpet material related if anything.

Reactions: epotter
My date keeps moving the wrong direction. I ordered a Model S LR w/FSD around the end of May and my EDD is Nov 22-Dec 12.
Makes me concerned for my June order that is sitting at 11/11 to 12/1.

The only thing in the back of my head is that we have seen the estimator jump the dates in the wrong direction only to come back and correct to the same or better (e.g. earlier) dates.

Reactions: GassyBabyBlue