Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MS 19” Tempest Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is a bit annoying to have to fold down the back seats to remove the parcel shelf though: fold down the back seats, remove the cover, put seats back up. Oh well. Does it still fold at least?
It does still fold. And in fact you can remove it without folding down the seats, it just (for me at least) takes a bit of fiddling. It could be that I just haven't found the trick yet, but I've done it once by accident so maybe I just need practice.

Reactions: T-Racer
It does still fold. And in fact you can remove it without folding down the seats, it just (for me at least) takes a bit of fiddling. It could be that I just haven't found the trick yet, but I've done it once by accident so maybe I just need practice.
What's even more annoying, is the rear seat release fold down buttons in the trunk do no more than the buttons on the seat! You still have to manually push the seats down! WTF good are the release buttons in the trunk?! Even my Subaru's trunk buttos, when pushed, fold the rear seats. What a design cluster!

What's even more annoying, is the rear seat release fold down buttons in the trunk do no more than the buttons on the seat! You still have to manually push the seats down! WTF good are the release buttons in the trunk?! Even my Subaru's trunk buttos, when pushed, fold the rear seats. What a design cluster!
Interesting. Are others having this issue, or is this expected behavior? Seems like having a gentle spring on the seat would solve this problem. Not strong enough to be a safety concern, but enough to push the seat forward if unlatched on nothing on the seat.

Interesting. Are others having this issue, or is this expected behavior? Seems like having a gentle spring on the seat would solve this problem. Not strong enough to be a safety concern, but enough to push the seat forward if unlatched on nothing on the seat.

Don't have my S yet, but when I was shown one at my local SC I experienced the same issue. Funny thing is that my SA said that "pressing this button will make the seat fall down." Then he pressed it and went "huh, I guess not!"

@4SUPER9 As designed. My local friend has a Plaid and his is the same way. @WilliamG

Reactions: cwanja
I guess I need to install a couple of these:
HTB1tUeoTxjaK1RjSZKzq6xVwXXa6.jpg_.jpg

And they may not - whatever…
The squeaky wheel gets the grease. If everyone assumes that it is okay, or everyone assumes someone else will handle it, nothing ever gets better.
My hospital has a policy: no one is EVER allowed to say “you’re the first one to ever complain about that.” The first complaint may be the one that saves a life. Yes, this is not that, but still…

• Love
Reactions: T-Racer and jebinc
Yea, it seems like a massive oversight to either not have it as an electronic release and then have the seat(s) fall down. Or install a spring that releases upon latch. A lot of the early reviews I watched called this out - same way as others: what is the point of these buttons then?

Check out what the MS order page reads... :oops:

tesla-seats-back.jpg

• Parcel shelf new, now magnetic and locks into the sides; also a different size than before and is not interchangeable
  • Subtrunk floor cover I believe is a difference size than before. Should be the easiest to procure.
  • Corner saver / corner floor cover is brand new.
  • Mats are all different in sizes and the drivers side includes a dead pedal cover now.
Most of the changes come from subtle, space changes. But I imagine these shortages are likely carpet material related if anything.
For the record, it seems most if not all deliveries right now are coming without all of these. That it’s noted and everyone should get them at home in the mail eventually. No one will put this in writing nor is there any documented place to see it’s noted. The waiting game continues piecemeal now. Unfortunately no place to watch edd dates on these…