Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Performance Model 3 range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...I mean, which is the displayed range on a new 2021 P3D with Perf Package?
I'm not asking how many miles it can does, I'm asking the displayed renge when the setting is in Miles and not on Percentage.

on a brand new vehicle it should display something close to what it is rated:

tesla model 3 range.JPG

• Helpful
Reactions: Phlier
Thanks,
I asked because I'm in Italy and I just sold a 2019 LR DUAL with Boost and bought the Performance model.
Here in Europe Model 3 is advertised with KM of range and in a different way (WLTP instead of Epa rating)
But when delivered the 100% charge never display the WLTP range (567 km = 352 Miles) but the EPA range in kilometers.

• Informative
So there are a couple of gigantic threads about 2021 model 3s and range and batteries (and differences from earlier models)

This one, at over 30 pages, discusses a ton of data about 2021 model 3s, possible new batteries, etc and there are people from europe posting in it:

MASTER THREAD: 2021 Model 3 - Charge data, battery discussion etc

Thats likely the discussion you want.

• Helpful
Hey gang, a question: What do you think the rating of a 2021 M3P be with the same aero wheels/covers as a 2021 LR? Recently bought one for my wife, and it's rated at 353 (I know will never get remotely close to that). I was going to get an S, but no way after the goofy interior and price increase, so might consider an M3P rather than another ICE car. But when we traveled on the LR, I wouldn't want any less range. So curious what the approx range would be on an M3P with 18" aero wheels/covers/tires, just like my wife's car. From 315 to what? It does have a larger rear motor, and a heavier battery, but hopefully 345 or so. Thank you.

My understanding is that those wheels won't fit around the upgraded brakes of the M3P... there are 18" wheels that do, but if any of them fit the stock aero covers, I'm not aware.

thats correct, the stock 18 inch aeros dont fit on the M3P. There are aftermarket wheels that do, but I am not an expert on that and will leave that to those threads.

To answer the OPs question, I am fairly sure that Model 3 performance stealth cars are rated the same range as Model 3 LR AWD cars. So, if you put on 18 inch (aftermarket) wheels, with similar rolling resistance tires as what comes standard on the AWD with 18s, you will get similar rated range. Thats a few "ifs" though.

So, if you put on 18 inch (aftermarket) wheels, with similar rolling resistance tires as what comes standard on the AWD with 18s, you will get similar rated range. Thats a few "ifs" though.
Looks like the aero covers are worth 1-3% (per 3rd party testing of alternate covers, depending on speed. 1% at 65mpg, 2.2% at 70 per Orbital[1]), so you won't QUITE get the same range.

[1] Orbital 4/5ths down the page

the stock 18 inch aeros dont fit on the M3P.
Thank you. So that's not an option then. I like the M3P wheels, but the real life range would be a problem for me. I don't want anything less than the LR I bought for my wife, plus I don't really want 2 M3s anyway (ha ha), so will probably get a larger (ICE) travel car. I don't really want a used MS, but will wait until the new ones come out, and see what the reviews say. And hopefully Tesla was just teasing us with that loony steering wheel, and production cars will have a proper one. We'll find out soon enough.