Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tracking 2 orders, but will take delivery of 1...

Previously mentioned I had ordered a TM3 on 9/27 but ended up refusing that delivery in order to wait on 2021. At that same time a changed from SR+ to LR. It seams that bumped the order date to 10/16. As of today, this order still shows the "2020" model.

The day tesla.com was updated with the "2021", I spoke to my SA but he didn't instill any confidence my order, still showing the "2020" would be updated to the "2021". So I decided to just place another order in for a 2021, same config, white on white but with 19 wheels.

Here is what changed today:
  • Original Order "2020" Delivery Ranged updated from 11/1 - 11/29 to 11/20 - 11/29
  • Second Order "2021" Delivery Range updated from 11/19 - 12/20 to 11/20 - 11/27
Given neither has been assigned a VIN I'm doubtful either will be ready for delivery before the end of November.

I have the same exact order placed white on white 19’s in south Florida West Palm Dealer.

what’s weird is I have no date of a time frame on my account. I just have the we will reach out to you message. I replaced order from 2020 to 2021 on 10/20 according to my file. Got the 2-4 weeks message 2 weeks ago. Are you delivering to west palm as well?

ordered 9/28. original estimate 11/02-11/30. got the text last week about 3-6 wks... last night, after seeing the other posts, I checked and my estimate updated to 11/19-11/30. Today its 11/20-11/30. So, guessing it'll update every day until I get the car!

At least the 11/30 hasn't changed yet... but I trust the 3-6 weeks text more than the estimated range...

Blue/white LR AWD to MN for me.

Since the potential delivery Window changed to 11/19 - 12/2 I asked my SA about VIN or maybe even more accurate delivery date. This is his response :(
“I don’t have an update as of yet until I see a VIN number assigned to your order. My best educated guess would be around the second to third week of December.”
Hopefully he doesn’t know what the hell he’s talking about ... (probably not the case)

Since the potential delivery Window changed to 11/19 - 12/2 I asked my SA about VIN or maybe even more accurate delivery date. This is his response :(
“I don’t have an update as of yet until I see a VIN number assigned to your order. My best educated guess would be around the second to third week of December.”
Hopefully he doesn’t know what the hell he’s talking about ... (probably not the case)

At least you got a response. I haven't heard from mine yet. Emailed this morning since my Estimated Delivery date updated to: November 20 - November 25. No VIN assigned.

I received another text from the same number as the text from 10 days ago saying 2-5 weeks. This time it says that it's from my delivery center, now saying 2-6 weeks. I'm in no hurry since I'm driving a 2018. Gives me more than to think about it, although my trade quote will expire in 5 days, and I will no doubt exceed the 1000 miles allowance.

Unfortunately I don't think the updated estimate is accurate..
Showing 11/20 ~ 11/20 today, no VIN or email

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 12.18.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 12.18.16 AM.png
    284.1 KB · Views: 90
I have the same exact order placed white on white 19’s in south Florida West Palm Dealer.

what’s weird is I have no date of a time frame on my account. I just have the we will reach out to you message. I replaced order from 2020 to 2021 on 10/20 according to my file. Got the 2-4 weeks message 2 weeks ago. Are you delivering to west palm as well?

Yes, I'm taking delivery from West Palm as well. The first order was 9/27 but bumped to 10/16 when I refused the 2020 and updated to LR. The second order date is 10/16 as well.

There's no correlation between the website, text messages and info from our SA's. I guess with such high demand for these cars Tesla doesn't have to worry about customer service.