Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't heard much from AZ peoples waiting for 2021 M3s, but received my VIN this morning for a white, LR, FSD, black interior. I ordered on Oct 17th, have an old ford as a trade in that isn't worth anything.

Like a few others, over the last day or so all forecasted delivery dates disappeared, then the VIN this morning. The dates have disappeared two other times over the last few weeks, only to come back with later forecasted dates. This time came back with a VIN and a delivery date of Dec 16-21st.

Delivery notification via text message received this morning, went online and scheduled for pickup Monday the 21st. I have to admit I really like not dealing with the dealer-salesperson-manager-financedepartment-upsell-endlesspaperwork dance & nightmare.

Last edited:
I ordered a 2021 M3 LR on Monday (12/14). SA told me to expect VIN tomorrow, and my account says delivery DEC 25-31. Is that credible? If I receive a VIN, can I assume car will be delivered for sure??? I need to get rid of the other car, because Tesla offered me peanuts. But need to travel Jan 14 to Austin. Don't want to sell the trade until I'm sure car will arrive, and on time. But don't want to pay 50 grand and keep the other car either... if I can avoid it. And yes, I'm very uneasy about having to pay for a freaking car in advance, and that long. Oh, and pay MSRP, which I've never done in my life. Ha ha.

Nothing is guaranteed, it’s all their best estimate. Mine was about 2-4 days later than my original target date range for the model 3 I’m picking up Monday. For our Model Y we bought earlier in the year for my wife it came earlier than expected. It can go either way. My advice: don’t base important personal commitment decisions on Tesla’s execution perfection, or at least have a back up plan.

Kansas City Delivery center called at 1:15pm. "It's on the truck with one other headed to you tonight.
4h 51m drive with one other drop off means after 7pm at least. Works for me!

Just waiting on the trucker to call. Finally.

And . . . the next day, I'm STILL waiting on the trucker to call.:rolleyes:

Putting all this here so future Home delivery (over 200 miles) can manage their expectations. The did say it could be last night or this morning. 3rd party delivery drivers will all be different on communications or the lack of.

Reminds me of a small kid laying under the Christmas tree 3 weeks out wishing it was the next day.;)

I ordered a White LR AWD black int, no fsd last night from the existing inventory page at my local SC. Got the VIN immediately, but my delivery estimate says Dec 28-31st. Haven't reached out to the advisor yet, but curious if I'm really going to have to wait that long to pick up the car, assuming it's there? Anyone else have this issue?

It's HERE!

It came on a long flat 2 car open trailer from Kansas City driven by Larry, Larry and Darrel. ;) The departure angle on the end was steep because their ramps were short. He went VERY slow but it scraped the black part under the bumper but there was no other way to get it off. I gave them two 2" x 8" s to help. I'll get under it later on my check list run down.

It's here. Dirty, but here. Finally. Pics when it's clean.

Reactions: tstolze
Ordered Black/White on Oct. 3rd. Still no VIN. My new estimated dates changed this morning from December 16 - Dec 29 to Dec 17 - Dec 30.

I was really hoping I'd get my VIN and possibly pick up this weekend. As it seems most people that ordered in (US) early Oct. have their VINs now. But because it appears my color combination isn't that popular its looking more and more likely I'll be squeezed into the last week of the year. Which would take me to about 13 weeks of waiting without a car (90+ days) :(

I've actually been looking at my local Tesla dealer for a White/White LR with Sport. I'd be willing to get a different color at this point.

Ordered Black/White on Oct. 3rd. Still no VIN. My new estimated dates changed this morning from December 16 - Dec 29 to Dec 17 - Dec 30.

I was really hoping I'd get my VIN and possibly pick up this weekend. As it seems most people that ordered in (US) early Oct. have their VINs now. But because it appears my color combination isn't that popular its looking more and more likely I'll be squeezed into the last week of the year. Which would take me to about 13 weeks of waiting without a car (90+ days) :(

I've actually been looking at my local Tesla dealer for a White/White LR with Sport. I'd be willing to get a different color at this point.

Hang in there friend! I'm in the same boat, LA, Blue/Black, still no VIN. SA told me they're making a big push for the Los Angeles area in the last week of December.

Reactions: inspace2020
curious if I'm really going to have to wait that long to pick up the car, assuming it's there?
I was going to buy an 'inventory' car in Austin too, but SA told me it wasn't there. In fact, NONE of the 4 2021s supposedly available were available at all, so didn't click on any. SA said the website is not accurate. The cars posted there were en-route, AND already assigned to other people, so why show as available inventory???

Anyway, I'd much prefer to get a car fresh from the factory, than one already driven by who knows how many folks, but depends if you needed it immediately or not. Bottom line is Tesla's website leaves a lot to be desired. It should be better developed, especially when they also claim to be a 'tech' company. Ha ha. Good luck.

It woudn't be so bad if they hadn't initially set the expectation of delivery of late Nov - early Dec.

you will definitely get it soon - once you get that VIN, things will move at "plaid" speed

i honestly believe for you its the location (socal) and body color (blue) that is the hold up.....the last of both

just praying for minimal defects upon pick up at this point

Reactions: inspace2020
It's here. Dirty, but here. Finally. Pics when it's clean.

It's 6:50pm, 40° headed down to 29° and I just now finished washing off all the road crap from the 5 hr KC to OKC trip on an open trailer with melting snow and road salt getting dusted on it all the way. We had the big snow storm first before we sent it northeast.

This is the best I have for now. KC, MO temp plate. Looks clean. It's not.

Fit and finish is perfect and I'm picky.
20201217_184728.jpg

Hey guys, received this afternoon a text from Tesla, demanding payment information, or my delivery would be delayed. BUT NO FREAKING VIN. Has anybody sent 50 grand blindly without a VIN? I'm getting very uneasy about this. First having to pay 2 weeks in advance (with a VIN). And now sending 50 grand to a company without even a VIN to cover myself? I'm not going to do that, but just want to know what's going on with this company. Thanks gang.

By the way, emailed my SA, but he never responded. And neither the copied person who will run the El Paso place.

EDIT: Hey guys, premium connectivity supposed to be for 1 year, correct? They told me 1-yr of free supercharging if delivered by Dec 31, but forgot to ask them about the connectivity. Hope it's at least a year. Thx.

Reactions: yaya21
Hey guys, received this afternoon a text from Tesla, demanding payment information, or my delivery would be delayed. BUT NO FREAKING VIN. Has anybody sent 50 grand blindly without a VIN? I'm getting very uneasy about this. First having to pay 2 weeks in advance (with a VIN). And now sending 50 grand to a company without even a VIN to cover myself? I'm not going to do that, but just want to know what's going on with this company. Thanks gang.

By the way, emailed my SA, but he never responded. And neither the copied person who will run the El Paso place.

EDIT: Hey guys, premium connectivity supposed to be for 1 year, correct? They told me 1-yr of free supercharging if delivered by Dec 31, but forgot to ask them about the connectivity. Hope it's at least a year. Thx.
This doesn’t sound right; are you sure they haven’t just asked you to select your payment type/apply for financing?

You know, the page already had 'cash' highlighted, the amount due $49,972 was highlighted too, and the button 'continue' below. Clicked on the button, expecting to see the bank info page, and took me to another page saying the contract is being prepared, and will be contacted to pay. Man, I expected a better freaking website from Tesla. They list vehicles in 'inventory', and are not even there. Plus none of the 4 that showed in Austin were available (they were customer orders). Thank you for your help. Only wasted one afternoon, so hope nothing was delayed. Thanks again.

PS, when I talked to the delivery team people today I jokingly said and "of course I'll get the free 1 year super charging for today's delivery" expecting to get shot down since I ordered in October. He got serious and said, yes you will but it will not show up until January's batch update. I didn't expect to hear that. We'll see in January.

PS, when I talked to the delivery team people today I jokingly said and "of course I'll get the free 1 year super charging for today's delivery" expecting to get shot down since I ordered in October. He got serious and said, yes you will but it will not show up until January's batch update. I didn't expect to hear that. We'll see in January.

I was told the same thing, and to the best of my knowledge, everyone else has been too. Free Supercharging will show up in our accounts in mid January. Which is great for me..... I’m exclusively supercharging for the foreseeable future...... already spent $60 on charging in the first 5 days!

Reactions: Mark57