Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perhaps I'm doing something wrong but with the backdor link I don't see and edit button and also still see the same date range (not # of weeks). Overall it looks identical as going through the manage button on your tesla account page.
If you use the link from the page I linked, you normally get to the car config page. If that page is gone, supposedly the car is being built. If not gone, at the bottom, in a similar way as the ordering page configuration view, you get a delivery time estimates in weeks. But on the "manage" page of your main account (not the back link) you normally get dates displayed.

During the first few hours/days of placing your order, there is an edit button on the manage page that goes to the "backdoor" link. If you select cash payment, that button becomes a "view design details". The page I linked explains it all.

If you use the link from the page I linked, you normally get to the car config page. If that page is gone, supposedly the car is being built. If not gone, at the bottom, in a similar way as the ordering page configuration view, you get a delivery time estimates in weeks. But on the "manage" page of your main account (not the back link) you normally get dates displayed.

During the first few hours/days of placing your order, there is an edit button on the manage page that goes to the "backdoor" link. If you select cash payment, that button becomes a "view design details". The page I linked explains it all.
Ok. The link consistently takes me just to my main account page. So perhaps it's being built but that would seem unlikely since I only ordered 4/30 with est delivery 6/11 to 6/30. Perhaps the behavior of this link has changed or not completely understood.

Ok. The link consistently takes me just to my main account page. So perhaps it's being built but that would seem unlikely since I only ordered 4/30 with est delivery 6/11 to 6/30. Perhaps the behavior of this link has changed or not completely understood.
It still works for me as of today. Unlikely yours doesn't work. In chrome, I need to copy paste the link in the browser bar https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RNXXXXXXX and replace the RNXXXX with my reservation number manually and press enter. Sometimes I need to refresh my login and start over (log in with email pw and 2FA if activated and in a new tab copy paste the link and replace the last RNXXX with my actual RN number). It looks almost identical to the order page and at the very bottom I get 7-10 weeks to delivery which matches the May 25 - June 13th I get on the "manage" page if I add 7 weeks to my order date (April 15th).

It still works for me as of today. Unlikely yours doesn't work. In chrome, I need to copy paste the link in the browser bar https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RNXXXXXXX and replace the RNXXXX with my reservation number manually and press enter. Sometimes I need to refresh my login and start over (log in with email pw and 2FA if activated and in a new tab copy paste the link and replace the last RNXXX with my actual RN number). It looks almost identical to the order page and at the very bottom I get 7-10 weeks to delivery which matches the May 25 - June 13th I get on the "manage" page if I add 7 weeks to my order date (April 15th).
Yep that's what I did. Also logged out and in again. Just takes me to my main account page.

Interesting. Those dates seem very good considering you just ordered. I ordered 4/30 (Ohio) and have 6/11-6/30.

Initially I didn’t mind a longer wait as my current lease isn’t up till October but just couldn’t wait to order after test driving. However I may have the opportunity to unload my car early without a loss so now want it as soon as possible.
I’m also in Ohio, and ordered a LR the same day as you. I ace the exact same dates as you, as well.

What I do (and I have lifetime SiriusXM also).. is use Spotify on my phone.. subscribe to some really good playlists that are fed from current songs on SiriusXM.. I have the phone keep a ton of them sync'd locally on a 256Gb microSD card in my phone. when I get the tesla, I can use Spotify on the car itself and get all of the SXM playlists without the DJ's. .(yay) and if there is no coverage, I can stream the offline stuff from Spotify on the phone over Bluetooth..
I like most of the DJs :)

Reactions: Jason1652