Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had a M3 LR AWD Blue 18" wheels on order (ordered April 18, 2021) and my order page has been showing a delivery date range where the front date has been creeping up to June 24 and the back date has always been June 30. Over the weekend my estimated delivery date range changed drastically to "Jul 14 - Aug 4."

Has anyone else seen this change on their orders? I'm totally bummed.

Yup. Happened to me last week. Was 6/16-6/30. Now 7/16-8/6. To be fair, I think most automakers are having the same issue estimating deliveries. Just-In-Time manufacturing is great when the supply chain is humming along, but if there's a hiccup (like what we're experiencing), it's absolute havoc.

Reactions: M3LRRoadTrips
Roger that.
The things I've seen:
  • People have gotten VINs and had them taken back.
  • People have had VINs and then delivery dates provided and then they find out THAT DAY that the vehicle isn't there yet.
  • My own EDD said May at one point, and at that time my SA told me that I should get my car "within a week or so". I ordered in April.
  • We've had SA's tell buyers that they cannot have the FSD removed on demo units if they wanted them, and others telling them that they could.
  • SA's have found cars for people while other SA's claim no ability to affect change on the cars.
  • People with orders from June have gotten VINs and vehicles on the east coast and the west coast while some folks in the same regions have not
  • People with my vehicle build in Washington from after my date have gotten their cars.
Conclusions:
  • I'm officially losing my patience.
  • The majority of anyone you could contact at Tesla doesn't know anything, or if they do, they're so jaded with customers or insane deadlines that they don't care anymore.
  • Dates don't matter.
  • Regions don't matter.
  • Build doesn't matter.
  • There is a genetically engineered squirrel that wrote Tesla's website, and sometimes that squirrel likes to change the delivery date to 7-10 weeks or 8-13 weeks or who knows what other date. Your date could turn to these today and flip back tomorrow (OR NEVER!).
  • You'd better pray the person that wrote their website or manages the inventory delivery has no control over vehicle creation or software.

Question about the Tesla Vision Notice, has anyone received it from their phones browser? I check my tesla account multiple times per day via my phone, but tend to only check on a computer 1-2 times per week. I assume there would be no difference but don’t want to be missing my spot in line because i’m not checking on a computer

Wow so sorry to hear this. Tbh this was my worst nightmare when going to pick my car up. I don't know what I would have done if I had all those issues considering I had already pre-paid insurance, set up ceramic coating and tinting appointments, etc.

If it were me I would refuse delivery. One or two minor issues are not the end of the world but you have an entire laundry list of stuff. That car looks like a dud and some of those issues look like they won't be able to be resolved. I hope I am wrong though! Best of luck :)
The care is mechanically perfect. Its all cosmetic and door alignment which they should fix. I have documented everything. I don't know how they plan to take care of it but so far I don't see any indication of them not wanting too.

I will obviously escalate if needed be but I want to give them a chance to resolve it at their end first.

Question about the Tesla Vision Notice, has anyone received it from their phones browser? I check my tesla account multiple times per day via my phone, but tend to only check on a computer 1-2 times per week. I assume there would be no difference but don’t want to be missing my spot in line because i’m not checking on a computer
Yes, I received (and accepted) Tesla Vision notice from my phone.

• Informative
Reactions: masaokun and JoJa15
The things I've seen:
  • People have had VINs and then delivery dates provided and then they find out THAT DAY that the vehicle isn't there yet.
  • My own EDD said May at one point, and at that time my SA told me that I should get my car "within a week or so". I ordered in April.
  • We've had SA's tell buyers that they cannot have the FSD removed on demo units if they wanted them, and others telling them that they could.
  • SA's have found cars for people while other SA's claim no ability to affect change on the cars.
  • People with orders from June have gotten VINs and vehicles on the east coast and the west coast while some folks in the same regions have not
  • People with my vehicle build in Washington from after my date have gotten their cars.
Conclusions:
  • The majority of anyone you could contact at Tesla doesn't know anything, or if they do, they're so jaded with customers or insane deadlines that they don't care anymore.
  • Dates don't matter.
  • Regions don't matter.
  • Build doesn't matter.
  • There is a genetically engineered squirrel that wrote Tesla's website, and sometimes that squirrel likes to change the delivery date to 7-10 weeks or 8-13 weeks or who knows what other date. Your date could turn to these today and flip back tomorrow (OR NEVER!).
  • You'd better pray the person that wrote their website or manages the inventory delivery has no control over vehicle creation or software.
So it is safe to say that you've seen some things...
c01.jpg

The things I've seen:
Conclusions:
  • Dates don't matter.
  • Regions don't matter.
  • Build doesn't matter.
Just to add to this, I know some people say "Well, you've love the car when you get it." or "It's better than going to the dealership, stop whining."

While yes, those may be true. However, not having any idea on a reasonable estimate of the delivery date does present a lot of issues.
  • Trade-ins - It doesn't give you too much time to really figure out your trade-in situation if you have one.
  • Loan offers - Most loan offers are good for only up to 60 days, so those that are still waiting on delivery for over that amount of time will need to get their credit run again, which can be a hit to your credit.
  • Distance to an SC - Some live far from their designated delivery center, and may have some difficulty trying to plan things out to pick up their car.
  • Busy schedule - For some folks, they can't just stop by the SC at the drop of a hat. There can be any number of reasons why that is (vacations, work, kids, etc.).
  • Schedules for upgrades - Tinting, PPF, ceramic coating, etc. all have to be scheduled way in advance usually. Take me for example, I had to schedule my appointments 5 weeks in advance, so I just went ahead and scheduled it over a month ago. I didn't want to wait until after I got the car, because then I'd go at least a month without them. I've heard from some of these shops directly telling me they get bombarded with jobs the last couple of weeks of each quarter due to how Tesla does their deliveries.
There are probably others I'm missing, but there are just some of the issues with not having any idea when a car that you ordered will be delivered.

Reactions: ytfsic