Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Refresh Tail Lamp and Charge Port Retrofit Project

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My project will be a 2017. I’d prefer to use OEM lights for the middle two hatchback sections.

I assume the rear outside right from Aliexpress, if I could get it by itself, would mount in a 2017 where the OEM would not mount properly, even though the ad says 19-21. Does the Aliexpress one look like/match 2022 OEM?

As for the chargeport left, would the Aliexpress one reuse any parts from my old OEM left?

Why does the fifth (right most) Aliexpress photo show the old, taillight integrated/extended appliqué?

Last edited:
My project will be a 2017. I’d prefer to use OEM lights for the middle two hatchback sections.

I assume the rear outside right from Aliexpress, if I could get it by itself, would mount in a 2017 where the OEM would not mount properly, even though the ad says 19-21. Does the Aliexpress one look like/match 2022 OEM?

As for the chargeport left, would the Aliexpress one reuse any parts from my old OEM left?

Why does the fifth (right most) Aliexpress photo show the old, taillight integrated/extended appliqué?
I’m assuming this kit replaces the 4 lights and you re-use the port door. The last picture is the style of tail light is replacing ? As for years, I thought all years are the same up to 2022+ when they change the port style.

So Ali sales guy basically says he has no more pictures then what’s already posted. I told him I won’t buy unless he post pictures which shows the actual rear left light and not stock Tesla pics.

I wanted to see the refreshed light but with the older port style corners. So I’ll wait for more proof or unless someone else is brave enough to buy this and show us more pics 😂

IMG_2417.png