Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Refresh Tail Lamp and Charge Port Retrofit Project

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello guys
Did someone tried to contact Tesla to order the housing for new lamps ?
It's a separate part what can be change based on tesla collision repair manual
View attachment 980364View attachment 980365
Last I checked this was a restricted part not available for sale. You’ll have to go to a Tesla certified shop, and none I checked with would touch an undamaged car. They have to put the VIN number in for the order, that part isn’t “allowed”. This info is over a year old though.

Also this part isn’t bolt in. It requires, welding and rivets. If you look at what the replacement is calling out in the picture you have to remove the quarter panel to properly replace it. There is seam sealer and repainting required. It’s not a small or inexpensive of a job x2.

I will do this procedure soon.
Will replace taillights with charge port and will explain everything.
May be will implement something like bracket to install the new port in old housing.

I already changed the charging ECU on 2018 Model 3 to get a CCS.
The procedure is following:
1. Turn off the 12v battery
2. Disconnect the HV battery contactor by first responder loop
3. Change ECU
4. steps 2 and 1
5. Go to service mode and click on software reinstall and the new software will detect and install change ECU's and electronic components on the car.

Reactions: Daytonaviolet
I will do this procedure soon.
Will replace taillights with charge port and will explain everything.
May be will implement something like bracket to install the new port in old housing.

I already changed the charging ECU on 2018 Model 3 to get a CCS.
The procedure is following:
1. Turn off the 12v battery
2. Disconnect the HV battery contactor by first responder loop
3. Change ECU
4. steps 2 and 1
5. Go to service mode and click on software reinstall and the new software will detect and install change ECU's and electronic components on the car.
That would be awesome if this procedure will also work in model s. So your saying the car will detect the new ecu and automatically update the software?

So ev offer replied to me on IG. But I didn’t see the tails on their site. Perhaps it’s not available yet ?

IMG_2733.png

It looks like it's up on their website - $1500

Reactions: Daytonaviolet

they have a video about the lights. looks like they chop off a portion of the corner light and glue it back on so just FYI if you're interested in this mod that's why they call them 'refurbished'

Not available yet for North America

Not available yet for North America
i believe there are working on a harness solution which would separate the brake/amber turn signals. but other option is to have someone update the config file. may just order evoffer and update config file.

i paused my modified tail light modification after seeing evoffers option. i like that fact that they use the original outer shell for the refresh tails. my modified one uses the older shell. the difference, the refresh shell has the outer black film which matches the trunk lights.