Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
I ordered a white on white M3 in transit yesterday, and have been informed by Tesla tchat it will board on LAKE GENEVA. She is due tomorrow in Shanghai.
Reminder: I am french so LHD.
That is a great tip - thank you.
You may be aware that I have been keeping an eye on LAKE GENEVA and was bitterly disappointed last week when she headed off to another Chinese port from Shanghai. I noted that she was heading back to Shanghai yesterday which raised my hopes and this news confirms my judgement that she was worth keeping an eye on.

Reactions: Monthebiffy
GLOVIS COSMOS continues to make excellent progress across the Atlantic at around 17kts.
On her present course the weather will remain fine until Friday when it will become quite rough.
She could make a small alteration to her course now to the east to avoid the worst of this weather but the trouble is that whilst weather forecasting has improved, predicting the exact track of a weather system 4 days in advance remains an inexact science.
Nevertheless, it’s safe to say that the seas around the time of her arrival in the English Channel are likely to be a bit rough.
Her ETA in Zeebrugge is 9 May.

The results of the GLOVIS COSMOS competition will be announced shortly after Midday UTC.

GL COSMOS Atlantic Prog.png

LAKE FUXIAN is making excellent progress down the Pacific coast of Mexico.
She is actually bang-on schedule to arrive at the entrance of the Panama Canal on Saturday night and the weather looks fine all the way.
My ETA for her arrival in Zeebrugge is around 21 May.

The LAKE FUXIAN competition is now open - CLICK HERE to enter!

Lake Fuxion Pacific.png

GLOVIS CHORUS is alongside at Pier 80.
At the moment her departure is expected to be tomorrow evening (local).
I still don’t know her destination but I don’t think it will be to Europe.

GLORIOUS LEADER This ship is carrying Model 3’s to the UK from China.
She is presently off the NW coast of Spain and is entering the Bay of Biscay. The weather continues to be good although tomorrow will be a little choppy.
The Southampton Port Schedule confirms her arrival in Southampton early on Wednesday morning and has allocated a berth in the Western Docks.

GL LDR Med.png

RCC AFRICA is carrying LHD Model 3's to EU from Shanghai .
She departed Ashdod, Israel late last night after depositing 1500 Model 3s on to the dockside there.
The weather for her Mediterranean crossing looks fine.
Her ETA in Zeebrugge is now 12 May

RCC Africa Med.png

GLOVIS SUN is making steady progress in the South China Sea maintaining around 16 kts.
The weather looks fine for her at present. She will arrive off Singapore on Wednesday
My ETA for her in Zeebrugge is 28 May and possibly Southampton around 31 May.

GL SUN S China Sea.png

PRIME ACE is on the watch list. She is also on her way to Singapore and will arrive there about 5 hours behind GLOVIS SUN.

LAKE GENEVA is heading back to Shanghai and is on my watch list again - she may be depart to Zeebrugge this time.

She is presently off the NW coast of Spain and is entering the Bay of Biscay. The weather continues to be good although tomorrow will be a little choppy.
I have had a ‘choppy’ transit through the Bay of Biscay on a large construction vessel running 95% power doing 6 knots down the waves and 0 knots up the waves!! Not a good few days that, i feel sorry for crews that have to traverse that regularly!

• Funny
Reactions: Mr Miserable
GLOVIS COSMOS competition.

The results are in!

We didn't have a direct hit in this competition.

At 1200z today the ship was located in Grid Square G4 and within its Minor Square 2

Screenshot 2021-05-03 at 12.56.53.png

The closest, and therefore the winning, entry was @Davids2885 (G4 7) who was just 81 NM off target. (Distance measured from the centre of the chosen square to the ship's position at midday)
In 2nd place was @Prudyuk (G4 8) who was a mere 95 NM off target.
In 3rd place was @nova56 (G4 4) who was 101 NM off target.

Congratulations to all, but there isn't so much as even a cuddly toy to win!

Some trivia for you:
The most popular Major Square was G4
The most popular Minor Square overall was 9
If you had chosen that combination, which nobody did, you would have ended up 128 NM off target.

This was a very close competition with G4 being the favourite choice of Major Square for all entries - you guys are getting good at this!
It was great to see @Davids2885 persistence pay off with a win - he is a regular entrant.

Don't forget to enter the LAKE FUXION competition LAKE FUXION Competition

GLOVIS COSMOS competition.

The results are in!

We didn't have a direct hit in this competition.

At 1200z today the ship was located in Grid Square G4 and within its Minor Square 2

View attachment 659092

The closest, and therefore the winning, entry was @Davids2885 (G4 7) who was just 81 NM off target. (Distance measured from the centre of the chosen square to the ship's position at midday)
In 2nd place was @Prudyuk (G4 8) who was a mere 95 NM off target.
In 3rd place was @nova56 (G4 4) who was 101 NM off target.

Congratulations to all, but there isn't so much as even a cuddly toy to win!

Some trivia for you:
The most popular Major Square was G4
The most popular Minor Square overall was 9
If you had chosen that combination, which nobody did, you would have ended up 128 NM off target.

This was a very close competition with G4 being the favourite choice of Major Square for all entries - you guys are getting good at this!
It was great to see @Davids2885 persistence pay off with a win - he is a regular entrant.

Don't forget to enter the LAKE FUXION competition LAKE FUXION Competition
Happy with second place on my first attempt! Thanks @Mr Miserable

Reactions: Mr Miserable
With LAKE FUXION finally on her way to Zeebrugge, it must be time for the:

LAKE FUXION competition!

For those who are new here, I do these fun competitions for every ship on the Pier 80 -Zeebrugge run. The idea is to see if you can guess, using your skill and judgement, where the ship will be at the designated time in the future. There is no prize, it's just a bit of fun. You can scroll back in this thread to see previous competitions and results.

All you have to do is decide where LAKE FUXION will be at Midday UTC on 14 May 2021. She should be in the Atlantic Ocean and I have divided the area into squares. Choose a square (preferably a blue one). Each of those big squares is subdivided into 25 smaller ones and you have to choose one. Click HERE to enter - it's free and easy to enter using your forum username only.

Only one entry per person.
The competition will close as soon as LAKE FUXION enters the Panama Canal.
There is no prize!
The winner will be the person who chooses the closest small square first.

Just CLICK HERE and give it a go! Simple!

The big squares
Atlantic Major Squares.png

The minor squares
Minor Squares.png

LAKE FUXION Competition is the link
I'd suggest a sub-competition to determine how to pronounce the name.

I don't know if it is relevant but I noticed that there was a 5.1 earthquake in the Panama Canal area over the weekend. My info is transient and I don't see the exact location any more (and failed to take note at the time). I don't know how this affects shipping...

Besides Lake Fuxian, any other ship to sail from the USA to Zeebrugge, with arrival still on the month of May?

We ordered a LR in Black with White Interior, 19'' Sport Wheels and Trailer Hitch, on the 16th of April. Delivery on the website says "May", for eventual pickup in Tilburg, The Netherlands. Our Sales Advisor says we don't have a VIN matched yet, but that there is a "ship arriving on the 28th of May" that may be ours.

I'd suggest a sub-competition to determine how to pronounce the name.

I don't know if it is relevant but I noticed that there was a 5.1 earthquake in the Panama Canal area over the weekend. My info is transient and I don't see the exact location any more (and failed to take note at the time). I don't know how this affects shipping...
You raise an interesting point about earthquakes around the Panama Canal.
A geological fault line runs between Miraflores locks and Pedro Miguel locks - the fault line is the reason why Miraflores is not a 3 stage lift. The builders, all those years ago, recognised the danger and made Miraflores a two stage lift and built the 3rd lift, Pedro Miguel, the other side of the fault line.
The new locks at Cocoli actually straddle the fault and this design drew criticism at the time from those who regard the fault line as a latent danger.
The locks are operating normally today and so I assume no damage was done on this occasion. This quake was actually centered at the Caribbean end but was still felt in Panama City.

Last edited:
Besides Lake Fuxian, any other ship to sail from the USA to Zeebrugge, with arrival still on the month of May?

We ordered a LR in Black with White Interior, 19'' Sport Wheels and Trailer Hitch, on the 16th of April. Delivery on the website says "May", for eventual pickup in Tilburg, The Netherlands. Our Sales Advisor says we don't have a VIN matched yet, but that there is a "ship arriving on the 28th of May" that may be ours.
At the moment the ship arriving on the 28th May is most likely the GLOVIS SUN, which is coming from China.
When you get your VIN and it starts LRW your car will have come from China whereas if it starts 5YJ it will be from California.
At the moment I have not positively identified the next ship from Pier 80 to Europe after LAKE FUXIAN, although I am looking!
Give it another week...

Possibly this one? Not really near the canal though and no tsunami alert. The most recent more in the canal zone was early April.

20210503_140156000_iOS.jpg

At the moment the ship arriving on the 28th May is most likely the GLOVIS SUN, which is coming from China.
When you get your VIN and it starts LRW your car will have come from China whereas if it starts 5YJ it will be from California.
At the moment I have not positively identified the next ship from Pier 80 to Europe after LAKE FUXIAN, although I am looking!
Give it another week...

Thanks for the feedback Mr Miserable.

Does China delivery LR LHD to EU as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.