Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

I canceled an order and had my vin (glovis cosmos) and then canceled and replaced an order on 26.04 for an LR and i have 0 info appart delivery june... I was hopping it would be on LAKE FUXIAN but the ship already left and i still have no VIN... any idea if there are other ships schedueled to come to europe from SF soon? i'm keepind my fingers crossed for chorus but at this point i'm lost...
Also is it possible to have my car on lake fuxian but have a vin after departure?

Thanks for ur feedback guys

PS. Mr Misable i love ur work and dedication! cheers mate! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: yfwt and cpt_
Hi all,

New here and I'm reading this thread with interest. I'm UK based ordered a Model 3 Performance on 24.04.2021. Please does anyone know whether that's likely to have made it onto Glovis Sun which left Shanghai on 29.04.2021 or will I have to wait for the next vessel? If so, any idea what that the next ship might be called or when it would be leaving Shanghai?

The sales assistance in Tesla Leeds told me that mine would be a Shanghai built car.

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the club, or soon to be club ! That will be at least another 2 Tesla M3Ps in Yorkshire next month then ! Placed my order back in December - hoping for delivery date very soon !!

Hi guys,

I canceled an order and had my vin (glovis cosmos) and then canceled and replaced an order on 26.04 for an LR and i have 0 info appart delivery june... I was hopping it would be on LAKE FUXIAN but the ship already left and i still have no VIN... any idea if there are other ships schedueled to come to europe from SF soon? i'm keepind my fingers crossed for chorus but at this point i'm lost...
Also is it possible to have my car on lake fuxian but have a vin after departure?

I think it is usual, that the VIN is assigned after departure and not before the ship leaves the pier. But this is only based on observations made in the german Tesla forum :)

Just looking at Pier 80 ships to Europe so far this quarter and you would get the impression that this quarter was likely to be a quiet one and you would be 100% wrong.
At this stage I would normally expect 3 ships on the way and 1 loading and instead we have at least 5 ships on the way already.
With Shanghai being 28 - 30 days away I would expect the last ship of the quarter to leave there around 15 May and Pier 80 a week later. Then of course there is the possible 'bonus' shipment from Newark which can leave as late as 11 June. So there is plenty of time for a couple more ships from both Shanghai and Pier 80.
If you do the sums I think you'll agree that we are on track for another record breaking quarter....

For me, the decisive factor is when Mr Miserable and Franco Mossotto agree and logical understanding can comprehend this.

Greetings from the German "Tesla Driver+Friends Forum" (TFF Forum)
Twist: I'm one of Franco Mossotto's sources 😁 😉 (& vice versa) and often DM with him about ship movements - as I track these ships over on Twitter. I also sometimes supply info to Mr. Miserable (& vice versa).
That's why I ask: because both often have no more info than I do, so when I see them being very sure - I ask.

Hi guys,

I am a French guy too, in the same situation than you. I finally got my VIN tody.

Good Evening all,

I have a couple of questions about the Tesla shipping process. I ordered my M3 STD+ at the beginning of April, a couple of weeks ago i had a text saying that i had been assigned a car, but no VIN information. On the order it shows at estimated delivery as May, but my delivery person tells me mid-June.

I am assuming that i will get the VIN at some point and the text about being assigned a car is a standard text that everyone gets when a car has been identified prior to it being put on a boat?

Also, thanks Mr Miserable for the really interesting thread here.

Simon

I was expecting PRIME ACE to arrive in Singapore 5 hrs after GLOVIS SUN but it appears the tables have turned with her approaching Singapore well ahead. PRIME ACE is just on the watch list solely on the basis of her heading to Singapore from Shanghai. I'm not hopeful we will find her to be a Tesla carrier since she didn't spend long enough loading in Shanghai in my opinion. We shall see where she heads off to....

Meanwhile another ship has joined the watch list - OCEANUS LEADER. She is just departing Shanghai for Singapore but also, I feel, didn't spend long enough loading to be a Tesla ship.

Good Evening all,

I have a couple of questions about the Tesla shipping process. I ordered my M3 STD+ at the beginning of April, a couple of weeks ago i had a text saying that i had been assigned a car, but no VIN information. On the order it shows at estimated delivery as May, but my delivery person tells me mid-June.

I am assuming that i will get the VIN at some point and the text about being assigned a car is a standard text that everyone gets when a car has been identified prior to it being put on a boat?

Also, thanks Mr Miserable for the really interesting thread here.

Simon
In some things you can believe your Tesla rep, and mid-June sounds about right and I will guarantee it will before the end of June.
The wall of silence from Tesla after ordering is I'm afraid par for the course and is why this thread exists.
Shipping Movements is the polite expression for Where the xxxx is my car? .
You have a month of silence from Tesla to go, no matter how many times a day you check!

In some things you can believe your Tesla rep, and mid-June sounds about right and I will guarantee it will before the end of June.
The wall of silence from Tesla after ordering is I'm afraid par for the course and is why this thread exists.
Shipping Movements is the polite expression for Where the xxxx is my car? .
You have a month of silence from Tesla to go, no matter how many times a day you check!
Flipping love that, made me proper laugh could not have put it any better 🤣🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.