Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GLOVIS CENTURY departed Shanghai yesterday and is heading initially to Singapore (a RHD market) where she is due to arrive on Wednesday.
She is scheduled to arrive in Southampton on 16 February.

Shanghai-Zeebrugge.png

Do we know if the Glovis Companion goes to UK via Suez Canal and Mediterranean Sea, Gibraltar..., or does it go via South Africa/Cape town? Just being nosey...
MR Miserable, you have just answered me above, must have posted same time!! Thanks for all info. can’t wait to contact Tesla again to see if I can be matched like others have been today

A new port schedule for San Francisco has been published and contains some new information.
SEBRING EXPRESS will no longer call at Pier 80 and instead the COSCO SHENGSHI will take her place.
I expect this ship will head to the Far East.
After GLOVIS COMPANION departs (to Zeebrugge) the LAKE GENEVA will commence loading on the 6 February. Last time this ship loaded at Pier 80 in Nov 19 it left for Japan. There is no guarantee that she will head there again but I would not be at all surprised if she heads to the Far East again.

• Informative
Reactions: Slaanesh
GLOVIS CAPTAIN continues to maintain a steady 16kts towards Panama. She is presently about 65 miles off the W coast of Costa Rica and remains on schedule to arrive at the entrance to the Canal tomorrow evening.
There are no weather issues - partly cloudy, with the occasional isolated thunderstorm, which is pretty much what I would expect for the area at this time of year.
I’m still expecting her to transit the Panama Canal in the early hours of Monday and arrive in Zeebrugge around 6 Feb.
I will post information on the Panama Canal and links to the webcams etc tomorrow afternoon.

Did you forget to enter the free GLOVIS CAPTAIN competition? Click HERE to enter - it’s painless.
The competition will close as soon as the ship enters the Panama Canal.

G CAPTAIN PacProg Q121.png

HORIZON LEADER has arrived alongside Pier 80 (several hours later than originally planned) in preparation to commence loading later today. I don’t have a departure date for her yet however I’d be surprised if she left before Monday night and it’s most likely to be Tuesday before she is fully loaded. There is some stormy weather expected to hit the west coast next week and although the timing of its arrival and its ferocity is a little debatable I’m sure everyone would agree that the sooner the ship leaves, the better.
In the meantime I have pencilled her in to arrive in Zeebrugge around 16 Feb.

SEBRING EXPRESS has been replaced by COSCO SHENGSHI. She is due alongside Pier 80 on Wednesday and I expect that she will be heading to the Far East.

GLOVIS CENTURY departed Shanghai on Friday and I suspect her to be carrying RHD Model 3s. She will call at Singapore on Wednesday and then I am expecting her to head for Southampton to arrive on 16 Feb. I don’t know how vehicles heading for Ireland will be handled at the moment and I suspect we won’t find out until the ship is much closer.

Unfortunately GLOVIS CENTURY is out of range of land based AIS receivers and I’m not receiving satellite based position reports from her. This sometimes happens. The AIS position reports are not sent via satellite, they are received by a VHF receiver in a satellite (there is a difference!) and so if the transmission is weaker than normal or if the position of the ship’s AIS antenna somehow restricts the transmission vertically the satellites will not receive the signal. I have estimated her position at the moment to be about 160nm SE of Hong Kong.

G Cent S China Sea.png

I have been looking a little harder at GLOVIS CENTURY and concluded that she is unlikely to make Southampton by 16 Feb. This date came from a published future schedule that will likely be subject to amendment. My calculations for her ETA in Southampton are very dependent on how long she spends in Singapore and on a smooth transit of the Suez Canal. Allowing for 24 hrs in Singapore, I believe we are looking at an ETA of 21 Feb at the earliest.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: CD_WE and EricVet
I have been looking a little harder at GLOVIS CENTURY and concluded that she is unlikely to make Southampton by 16 Feb. This date came from a published future schedule that will likely be subject to amendment. My calculations for her ETA in Southampton are very dependent on how long she spends in Singapore and on a smooth transit of the Suez Canal. Allowing for 24 hrs in Singapore, I believe we are looking at an ETA of 21 Feb at the earliest.
Just got emails and chat with Tesla UK and they have confirmed that most LR coming to UK over Feb/March are coming from Shanghai and that my car, ordered on Xmas eve, still scheduled to be delivered early March, and that I would get confirmation some time February (cannot allocate to VIN as through Enterprise Delivery dept as Company Lease (Lex Autolease) yet. So as Mr Miserable suggests, wondering if the Glovis Century must be bringing most LR to UK this quarter and maybe will arrive at Southampton bit later than 16th Feb potentially... .
just can’t wait though.
we may see Glovis Century position when she gets closer to Singapore I guess...
Thanks for your hard work and always helpful info Mr M.

Any confirmation about any movement since the shutdown, has the first shipping date already (effectively) slipped?

I would think so. This was based on the assumption production restarted Jan 11. It is interesting. There has been nothing spotted coming out of Fremont at all for model S/X at all (except 3 fully covered up). There has been no announcement of a refresh either.

The first 2 ships are not possible to have any onboard if no production has started yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.