Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ISRAEL
So it looks like Israel will receive 2 shipments in Q2.
In Q1 the cars came from the USA and in order to deliver to Israel in May the cars will need to be on the first ship to the EU - GLOVIS COSMOS.
If the Q2 cars are coming from China that changes things.
I would expect Tesla to be able to tell you if your car is being made in China or the USA - please ask.
We asked the Israeli team and didn't get an answer (the don't know or don't want to share).

If we were to get the MIC SR+, would the ships get to Eilat through the Red Sea (like other far-east made cars arriving in Israel) or would they still get to Europe and sail to Ashdod on a 2nd ship?

GLOVIS COSMOS has anchored off San Diego which I wasn't expecting. She is due to arrive in Hueneme tomorrow and can still make it. There shouldn't be any delays there either as the RoRo schedule is running normally. She is scheduled to depart there at 1700 tomorrow and head for San Francisco.

Thanks for this. I was only expecting 2 shipments this quarter but now I am thinking we may be looking at 3.
This coming week is the week when I expect to see the first shipment from Shanghai depart. However judging by the texts being sent by Tesla that first shipment may have already sailed. There is no obvious contender at the moment (it's not TUGELA) and it won't become clear until the ship departs the Suez Canal in a couple of weeks time.
So ships that may be in the running for the first shipment to Southampton are: EUROPEAN HIGHWAY, GLORIOUS LEADER, GLOVIS SUNRISE and LYDDEN. A couple of these are outsiders already and I should be able to strike a couple off the list within a week or so. RCC ANTWERP is currently loading in Shanghai and I had hopes for her being the chosen one but I have now ruled her out.
I am keeping a close eye on RCC AFRICA which should load in Shanghai very shortly and my money is presently on her.
Just checked and RCC AFRICA is on route to Singapore. Don't think they had time to load Teslas in Shanghai?

I have been trying to follow this thread here to get an understanding about how the deliveries can be tracked to Norway (Drammen). Am i correct when saying that we should look out for ships going to zebruggee, and what happens from there? does the ship offload to another ship going to Drammen, or is it the same ship that continues its voyage to Drammen?

i know its a possibility they get loaded onto trains that goes to Norway as well (based on a previous post from Mr. Miserable. )

Love your work btw! So much fun to follow!

I have been trying to follow this thread here to get an understanding about how the deliveries can be tracked to Norway (Drammen). Am i correct when saying that we should look out for ships going to zebruggee, and what happens from there? does the ship offload to another ship going to Drammen, or is it the same ship that continues its voyage to Drammen?

Just checked and RCC AFRICA is on route to Singapore. Don't think they had time to load Teslas in Shanghai?
Yes, as expected RCC AFRICA is on her way - 1st stop Singapore, probably to refuel and then on to Suez hopefully.
She was alongside for 20 minutes shy of 24 hours, which is a long time to be alongside in Shanghai - many ships are there for just 6-8 hours. There are only 2 docks for RoRo's and they are seldom empty for over an hour - it's not unusual to see 2 ships load/unload in a 24 period on one dock here.
The stevedores are busy loading non-stop from the moment the ship comes alongside to minutes before the ship has to leave. So I reckon that was plenty of time to load 3500 cars.
I am now watching for other ships departing to RHD markets, indicating that Shanghai has had a RHD production run and increasing the liklihood that RCC AFRICA is the ship we are waiting for.

BTW we can now strike EUROPEAN HIGHWAY off the list of possibles - she was an outsider in any case.

Meanwhile over in California, RCC TIANJIN is preparing to unload alongside Benicia. Once empty this evening she will move alongside Pier 80 in preparation to load tomorrow morning. She was 24 hrs late, she is now running 48 hrs late. I don't have any departure details for her at the moment however I'm expecting her to head off to the Far East.
GLOVIS COSMOS is about to arrive at Hueneme, on time. She should depart there and head up to San Francisco around 5pm local.
It's going to be touch and go whether she is delayed by RCC TIANJIN.
We shall see...

Yes, as expected RCC AFRICA is on her way - 1st stop Singapore, probably to refuel and then on to Suez hopefully.
She was alongside for 20 minutes shy of 24 hours, which is a long time to be alongside in Shanghai - many ships are there for just 6-8 hours. There are only 2 docks for RoRo's and they are seldom empty for over an hour - it's not unusual to see 2 ships load/unload in a 24 period on one dock here.
The stevedores are busy loading non-stop from the moment the ship comes alongside to minutes before the ship has to leave. So I reckon that was plenty of time to load 3500 cars.
I am now watching for other ships departing to RHD markets, indicating that Shanghai has had a RHD production run and increasing the liklihood that RCC AFRICA is the ship we are waiting for.

BTW we can now strike EUROPEAN HIGHWAY off the list of possibles - she was an outsider in any case.
Oh I do hope you are correct as all us M3P owners to be are hanging onto every word you say 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Hello, are deliveries to Spain made through Zeebrugge? I have bought a sr + lhd and I don't know if I will get a mic or a miu. Which ship will arrive first with sr + and from where?
Your car will be made in the USA and ships to Zeebrugge. GLOVIS COSMOS will be the 1st ship to arrive there around 7 May. You will be able to follow the ships daily progress on this thread.

I took this in February outside the Tesla plant in Fremont. Thought you guys might be interested in the beginning of the trip

1618178682067.png

RCC TIANJIN has finally arrived alongside Pier 80. I have still no departure details for her.
GLOVIS COSMOS has been delayed - she will now not arrive until Wednesday morning.

GLOVIS COUNTESS (the one that went off to Portland Oregon) is now enroute to Toyohashi, Japan. I very much doubt she has any Tesla's onboard. I don't know the story behind this ship's visit to Pier 80 but I am keen to find out.

Meanwhile over in China, a couple of ships of interest have turned up, TORRENS and THERMOPYLAE. I have not been able to find the itineries of these two ships which indicates to me that they are not on a scheduled liner service. TORRENS has departed to Singapore and so I will continue to track her.

Reactions: 2021_M3P
RCC TIANJIN has finally arrived alongside Pier 80. I have still no departure details for her.
GLOVIS COSMOS has been delayed - she will now not arrive until Wednesday morning.

GLOVIS COUNTESS (the one that went off to Portland Oregon) is now enroute to Toyohashi, Japan. I very much doubt she has any Tesla's onboard. I don't know the story behind this ship's visit to Pier 80 but I am keen to find out.

Meanwhile over in China, a couple of ships of interest have turned up, TORRENS and THERMOPYLAE. I have not been able to find the itineries of these two ships which indicates to me that they are not on a scheduled liner service. TORRENS has departed to Singapore and so I will continue to track her.
GLOVIS COSMOS will arrive on Wednesday at 3am

THERMOPYLAE is off to Chile, so she is off the list.

Reactions: Tinca
Status
Not open for further replies.