Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Mr Miserable - I think I may be paying more attention to you over the next month or two than my other half. I'll do my best to ensure she doesn't get too jealous and attempt to track you down!

There have been some reports in the 'UK Model 3 Performance 2021 Waiting Room' of a 21st May delivery date for P models. So working backwards:
  • 21st May Delivery for P models
  • 14th May arrival at Southampton
    • Assuming 1 week from port to dealer to delivery (is that about right?).
  • 14th April Leaving Shanghai
    • Assuming 30 Day voyage from Shanghai to Southampton
Given that we have multiple reports of LR delivery text messages already having been received (and none for P orders), does the evidence we have suggest that the first ship to arrive at Southampton will be LR only and P's will follow on another ship departing next week?

Tesla expect “some” Performance vehicles on the first vessel, so I am told. But at the moment, no one in the U.K. knows what the final specification for each vessel will be. I guess we won’t know until they literally start loading the ship at Shanghai. It does suggest however that there are at least two Tesla ships due in Southampton in May, and indications suggest the 2nd ship will have more Performance models.

Reactions: Jez_GB
I am waiting for delivery to Israel
Cars for Israel are shipped from Fremont to Zeebruuge and are then moved to Antwerp for shipping to Ashdod.
Last quarter there were a lot of false alarms, one generated by me (oops!), on the Antwerp to Ashdod leg.
It would be good if you could ask Tesla for a delivery estimate - I expect they will say June but we need to be a bit more precise than that.

Last edited:
Tesla expect “some” Performance vehicles on the first vessel, so I am told. But at the moment, no one in the U.K. knows what the final specification for each vessel will be. I guess we won’t know until they literally start loading the ship at Shanghai. It does suggest however that there are at least two Tesla ships due in Southampton in May, and indications suggest the 2nd ship will have more Performance models.
Thanks for this. I was only expecting 2 shipments this quarter but now I am thinking we may be looking at 3.
This coming week is the week when I expect to see the first shipment from Shanghai depart. However judging by the texts being sent by Tesla that first shipment may have already sailed. There is no obvious contender at the moment (it's not TUGELA) and it won't become clear until the ship departs the Suez Canal in a couple of weeks time.
So ships that may be in the running for the first shipment to Southampton are: EUROPEAN HIGHWAY, GLORIOUS LEADER, GLOVIS SUNRISE and LYDDEN. A couple of these are outsiders already and I should be able to strike a couple off the list within a week or so. RCC ANTWERP is currently loading in Shanghai and I had hopes for her being the chosen one but I have now ruled her out.
I am keeping a close eye on RCC AFRICA which should load in Shanghai very shortly and my money is presently on her.

Thanks for this. I was only expecting 2 shipments this quarter but now I am thinking we may be looking at 3.
This coming week is the week when I expect to see the first shipment from Shanghai depart. However judging by the texts being sent by Tesla that first shipment may have already sailed. There is no obvious contender at the moment (it's not TUGELA) and it won't become clear until the ship departs the Suez Canal in a couple of weeks time.
So ships that may be in the running for the first shipment to Southampton are: EUROPEAN HIGHWAY, GLORIOUS LEADER, GLOVIS SUNRISE and LYDDEN. A couple of these are outsiders already and I should be able to strike a couple off the list within a week or so. RCC ANTWERP is currently loading in Shanghai and I had hopes for her being the chosen one but I have now ruled her out.
I am keeping a close eye on RCC AFRICA which should load in Shanghai very shortly and my money is presently on her.

Really interesting update @Mr Miserable ! Fascinating to get an insight into how you start to narrow down the parameters, and figure out the most likely contenders. Keep up the great work 👍

Reactions: Tezzela and Jez_GB
Over in California the current plan is for RCC TIANJIN to unload at Benicia as soon as the RIGEL LEADER departs. Quite when that will be is anyone's guess. Apparently nobody at Pier 80 is overly concerned as long as GLOVIS COSMOS can arrive without being delayed.

Cars for Israel are shipped from Fremont to Zeebruuge and are then moved to Antwerp for shipping to Ashdod.
Last quarter there were a lot of false alarms, one generated by me (oops!), on the Antwerp to Ashdod leg.
It would be good if you could ask Tesla for a delivery estimate - I expect they will say June but we need to be a bit more precise than that.
Hi,

I’m also from Israel waiting for my LR. According to Tesla the delivery estimates for SR+ are end of May and LR/P in mid-June.
Does Tesla usually split shipments by model?

Thanks for all the information, this makes the wait a little more bearable!

my order delivery estimation is now May, over email they said end of may.

my order delivery estimation is now May, over email they said end of may.
hi me registered delivery may

Reactions: Jez_GB
היי לי משלוח רשום?
hi me registered delivery may
When does the ship Zeebrugge leave?

There is a ship on the way to Europe if Tesla 3?

we heard rumors that May shipment to Israel might be MIQ?

Over in Shanghai, RCC AFRICA has arrived to load. This is the ship that I reckon will be carrying Model 3s to Southampton. I don't know her itinerary and I suspect she will depart to Singapore initially. I shall be monitoring her closely.

Meanwhile over in California, RCC TIANJIN is still waiting to unload at Benicia. I have been informed that the plan is for her to dock at Benicia this evening and then move across to Pier 80 tomorrow evening in preparation to start loading on Monday morning. The good news is that there isn't much to load and so she shouldn't delay the arrival of GLOVIS COSMOS.
GLOVIS COSMOS will be the first ship of Q2 to head to Zeebrugge.

What will the 2nd ship to Europe be? I'm not sure but LAKE FUXIAN is looking good at the moment.

Reactions: Tinca and 2021_M3P
ISRAEL
So it looks like Israel will receive 2 shipments in Q2.
In Q1 the cars came from the USA and in order to deliver to Israel in May the cars will need to be on the first ship to the EU - GLOVIS COSMOS.
If the Q2 cars are coming from China that changes things.
I would expect Tesla to be able to tell you if your car is being made in China or the USA - please ask.

ISRAEL
So it looks like Israel will receive 2 shipments in Q2.
In Q1 the cars came from the USA and in order to deliver to Israel in May the cars will need to be on the first ship to the EU - GLOVIS COSMOS.
If the Q2 cars are coming from China that changes things.
I would expect Tesla to be able to tell you if your car is being made in China or the USA - please ask.
May delivery arrive from China?

Status
Not open for further replies.