Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I called Tesla and changed my "normal" LR delivery November for the M3 LRW (LG Battery) one they have in transit....arrival in Zeebruge is planned for the 13.8. The ones available on the Tesla Page is melting like ice in the sunshine......people picking them up fast
OK
That would fit with HOEGH OSLO if she doesn't stop in Libya.
The Libya stop is on her published itinerary which I'm pretty sure she will not do if she is chartered by Tesla.
She is scheduled to be loading now according to that same schedule however by my maths she could leave as late as 15 July and still arrive on time.

The Tesla Carriers spreadsheet has listed Glovis Superior as en-route having just left Shanghai for Suez Canal. No destination listed yet, what do people think UK or Zeebrugge or somewhere else?
Yes I noted that.
He might be right and I can understand why he may think it's a Tesla ship but I personally don't have a warm and fuzzy feeling about GLOVIS SUPERIOR.
This is a big ship and she was only in Shanghai for 12 hours which is not long enough to load for a Zeebrugge run in my opinion.
I think HOEGH OSLO, despite my reservations, may turn out to be the ship carrying the Zeebrugge shipment.
I would like to see a bit more evidence before wholeheartedly supporting either quite frankly.
Identifying Tesla ships is a bit of an inexact science at the best of times.....

In Singapore they unloaded the first M3 shipment from Shanghai
So, I guess they had a ship passing through there...
Yes I suspect these were offloaded from HELIOS LEADER which is now heading off to Israel.
The last shipments to Israel entered via Ashdod but I'm pretty sure insurers would prefer a ship full of Teslas to be unloaded elsewhere.
HELIOS LEADER is heading to Eliat which would tick that box.

What is interesting about this shipment is that it departed Shanghai on 2 Jul which I reckon means that the cars were actually produced in Q2.
Singapore is almost local to Shanghai in that shipping time is only a few days. So it puzzles me that the Singapore shipment was made early in Q3 instead of late Q2.
Over in Australia, MORNING CLARA has just offloaded 1200 cars. These left Shanghai on 24 June and so were definitely Q2 production.

Normal Tesla behaviour is to only produce cars that can be sold in the same quarter as they were produced. That will never be totally achieved but in the past they have done well to minimise the unsold stock figure. Putting 1200 cars on a ship a week before the end of a quarter is very unTesla and I suspect these cars, both the Singapore and the Australian shipments, were manufactured much earlier but for some reason or other, missed the boat.

• Helpful
Reactions: UkNorthampton
Yes I suspect these were offloaded from HELIOS LEADER which is now heading off to Israel.
The last shipments to Israel entered via Ashdod but I'm pretty sure insurers would prefer a ship full of Teslas to be unloaded elsewhere.

What is interesting about this shipment is that it departed Shanghai on 2 Jul which I reckon means that the cars were actually produced in Q2.
Singapore is almost local to Shanghai in that shipping time is only a few days. So it puzzles me that the Singapore shipment was made early in Q3 instead of late Q2.
Over in Australia, MORNING CLARA has just offloaded 1200 cars. These left Shanghai on 24 June and so were definitely Q2 production.

Normal Tesla behaviour is to only produce cars that can be sold in the same quarter as they were produced. That will never be totally achieved but in the past they have done well to minimise the unsold stock figure. Putting 1200 cars on a ship a week before the end of a quarter is very unTesla and I suspect these cars, both the Singapore and the Australian shipments, were manufactured much earlier but for some reason or other, missed the boat.
Mm that’s interesting but weird, cause our pickup of Teslas in Israel by now is directly from Ashdod port after they are unloaded . Costumers come directly to the port to Tesla designated area and pick up their cars. So either it’s going to change and they will deliver them fro
A different location or the ship will come to Ashdod .
At the moment on my delivery it says pick up from Ashdod port mid August to mid September.

Mm that’s interesting but weird, cause our pickup of Teslas in Israel by now is directly from Ashdod port after they are unloaded . Costumers come directly to the port to Tesla designated area and pick up their cars. So either it’s going to change and they will deliver them fro
A different location or the ship will come to Ashdod .
At the moment on my delivery it says pick up from Ashdod port mid August to mid September.
HELIOS LEADER's ETA for Eilat is 22 July. This is the normal port for cars coming from the Far East.
Ashdod made sense when the cars were coming from Zeebrugge.

Reactions: Tholic86
HELIOS LEADER's ETA for Eilat is 22 July. This is the normal port for cars coming from the Far East.
Ashdod made sense when the cars were coming from Zeebrugge.
All Tesla shipments to Israel (total of 3 during 2021) went to Ashdod, including 1 from Shanghai (with 1500 MiC SR+ in April). Tesla sells direct in Israel and you pick the car directly from the port (Ashdod is < 1hour from where most of the population live). Eilat way too far for pickup. They will need to transport the cars by trucks (like everybody else do). Possible but different.
Earliest delivery in Israel is currently scheduled for mid August with hints it might get to September. No VIN for that shipment were allocated yet. So, although I'd love to see July 22nd but it seems a bit to be too early

Reactions: Mr Miserable
So I got an update from Tesla about the delivery date of my M3 LRW ..it now says on my order, delivery here in Germany between Aug 03-12. Would that rule out the Hoegh Oslo? Might be a bit tight assuming they need approx 5-7 days to get from Zeebruge to souther Germany and the Oslo is still at Anchor in Shanghai at the moment

Then these two shiploads are the difference between sales (201K) and production (206K) in Q2.
As of today, the Model Y LR and Perf are configurable, delivery in September.
Not sure yet if all Model Y will come from SHG or if they will not deliver the Perf together with the Model 3 Perf from SFO. So it will be exciting again.

Greets

Reactions: MrT3
Status
Not open for further replies.