Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GLOVIS SUMMIT arrived alongside Southampton early this morning. She should depart to Zeebrugge at 0600 tomorrow morning.

GLOVIS COMPANION is not hanging around - she's making over 18kts enroute to Southampton. She could probably squeeeze a couple more knots but the fuel consumption would go through the roof - it's an exponential curve. It's now become clear that it was originally planned to for her to arrive in Southampton on 28 Aug since she is still appearing on the port schedule as such.

Screenshot 2021-08-23 at 09.14.39.png

When she left Suez it must have become obvious that there was no way she could make that date and so we are left with an arrival early on 30 Aug - that is of course if Southampton can accomodate it, which may not be the case. We shall see....

Companion.png

LAKE GENEVA continues to make her way up the Red Sea towards Suez. She's making just over 14kts and so is in no rush. She is due to arrive off Suez on Wednesday. Hopefully she will transit the canal on Wednesday too. If she is heading to Southampton I would expect her to arrive on 2 Sep or if she heads to Zeebrugge on 3 Sep.

ELEKTRA is maintaining an economic cruise speed of around 15kts as she heads to Singapore. She should arrive there tomorrow morning for a refuel stop of about 8 - 12hrs before heading off to Suez where she should arrive on 5 Sep. She is due to arrive in Southampton on 14 Sep before heading off to Zeebrugge.

GRAND RUBY is making 17kts as she makes her way through the South China Sea enroute to Suez. She is due there on 7 Sep and I expect her to arrive in Southampton around 16 Sep. Thereafter she will head to Zeebrugge before ending up in Oslo on 19 Sep.

TRITON ACE has now departed Shanghai enroute to Zeebruge via a refuel stop in Singapore initially. She originally planned to arrive in Singapore on 28 Aug but loading obviously took longer than expected and so she is a day behind schedule. I would expect her to arrive in Zeebrugge around 20 Sep.
The video above is very good and shows how labour intensive loading/unloading is - the more teams you can allocate the quicker the job can be done. The loading plan will have been agreed with the ship before even the ship arrived and a quick confirmation brief before loading will have ensured everyone is working off the same plan. If all the cars are going to the same destination then it makes the whole process so much simpler although there will still be a plan. Once onboard the cars will be parked in a standard pattern (depending on whether LHD or RHD) with the parking brake applied. Each wheel will be lashed to the floor. There are very strict rules for the drivers on what they can wear ( usually a clean overall without anything that can snag or damage a vehicle - no buttons, belts etc) The cars are parked a stipulated distance from each other but will be so close that doors can't be opened. It means that should a lashing break and the car become free to move then the car will be constrained by its close neighbours. Nevertheless, lashings are regularly checked throughout the voyage.
Aug 23.png

I don't see another Tesla charter departing Shanghai this quarter.
TANNHAUSER is on a scheduled service but she has a stop in Barcelona on 18 Sep which is slightly unusual.
GLOVIS CLIPPER is also EU bound but will arrive too late as will HOEGH OSAKA
I'm away until Friday. Next event to watch for will be LAKE GENEVA's post Suez destination.

GLOVIS SUMMIT arrived alongside Southampton early this morning. She should depart to Zeebrugge at 0600 tomorrow morning.

GLOVIS COMPANION is not hanging around - she's making over 18kts enroute to Southampton. She could probably squeeeze a couple more knots but the fuel consumption would go through the roof - it's an exponential curve. It's now become clear that it was originally planned to for her to arrive in Southampton on 28 Aug since she is still appearing on the port schedule as such.

View attachment 700279
When she left Suez it must have become obvious that there was no way she could make that date and so we are left with an arrival early on 30 Aug - that is of course if Southampton can accomodate it, which may not be the case. We shall see....

View attachment 700283
LAKE GENEVA continues to make her way up the Red Sea towards Suez. She's making just over 14kts and so is in no rush. She is due to arrive off Suez on Wednesday. Hopefully she will transit the canal on Wednesday too. If she is heading to Southampton I would expect her to arrive on 2 Sep or if she heads to Zeebrugge on 3 Sep.

ELEKTRA is maintaining an economic cruise speed of around 15kts as she heads to Singapore. She should arrive there tomorrow morning for a refuel stop of about 8 - 12hrs before heading off to Suez where she should arrive on 5 Sep. She is due to arrive in Southampton on 14 Sep before heading off to Zeebrugge.

GRAND RUBY is making 17kts as she makes her way through the South China Sea enroute to Suez. She is due there on 7 Sep and I expect her to arrive in Southampton around 16 Sep. Thereafter she will head to Zeebrugge before ending up in Oslo on 19 Sep.

TRITON ACE has now departed Shanghai enroute to Zeebruge via a refuel stop in Singapore initially. She originally planned to arrive in Singapore on 28 Aug but loading obviously took longer than expected and so she is a day behind schedule. I would expect her to arrive in Zeebrugge around 20 Sep.
The video above is very good and shows how labour intensive loading/unloading is - the more teams you can allocate the quicker the job can be done. The loading plan will have been agreed with the ship before even the ship arrived and a quick confirmation brief before loading will have ensured everyone is working off the same plan. If all the cars are going to the same destination then it makes the whole process so much simpler although there will still be a plan. Once onboard the cars will be parked in a standard pattern (depending on whether LHD or RHD) with the parking brake applied. Each wheel will be lashed to the floor. There are very strict rules for the drivers on what they can wear ( usually a clean overall without anything that can snag or damage a vehicle - no buttons, belts etc) The cars are parked a stipulated distance from each other but will be so close that doors can't be opened. It means that should a lashing break and the car become free to move then the car will be constrained by its close neighbours. Nevertheless, lashings are regularly checked throughout the voyage.
View attachment 700284

TANNHAUSER is on a scheduled service but she has a stop in Barcelona on 18 Sep which is slightly unusual.
I'm away until Friday. Next event to watch for will be LAKE GENEVA's post Suez destination.

Is TRITON ACE scheduled for Southampton at all?

View attachment 700279

View attachment 700283

View attachment 700284

Thanks again for the summary ! is it possible they can now segregate RHD and LHD ships completely given the volumes, would make life easier for everyone.

Thanks again for the summary ! is it possible they can now segregate RHD and LHD ships completely given the volumes, would make life easier for everyone.
The problem is swamping the receiving end.
There is also only so much space at the dockside to park the cars and it's really expensive real estate. Additionally you need to move them off the docks asap and so getting the national supply of car transporters booked to move them is bad business, especially when you then find out the ship is running 24 hrs late!

To be honest, I'm surprised Tesla stick with Southampton..

Reactions: moodel_tree
Received a message this morning stating “Tesla Update - Great news! A car has now been allocated to your order. Your vehicle arrival date is being calculated. We will be in contact soon to make delivery arrangements. Not ready for your Model 3 or need help? Call us on 01628 450 660, option 4. Your order reference is RN11. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP.” But no official VIN? Is this a typical message?

Hi all,

Who did you contact to request your estimated delivery date please?
I placed my order on 31st July for a Black LR with aero wheels. I received an allocation SMS on 13th August.
My VIN ends 321***

I emailed Tesla UK Sales and my SA on Friday 9am but neither of them have replied as of yet.

Based on the amazing info from Mr Miserable I'm guessing my car is on Grand Ruby but I've seen other members mention the same allocation dates talk about Lake Geneva.
Does anyone have similar details to me and has had a more concrete EDD?

Thanks.
Hi StevieG77,

I ordered a Black LR and aero wheels, black interior on the 09/08/2021; I also received my allocations SMS on the 13/08/2021. My VIN is also 321***. Looks like we are in almost the same position apart from our order day and delivery location. From my experience the SA won't get back to you if the questions are not related directly to purchase questions to do with the specs of the car or finance options. I did however call Tesla last week to order some items that were out of stock on the website and I got a bit chatty with the guy in the parts department and he explained that he could see my car on his system via a satellite feed of the port in Shanghai and the car was waiting to be loaded onto a ship, he told me my car had 56% battery remaining, and a few other bits. all very interesting. Two days later the Grand Ruby left port so I'm guessing my car is on that ship. Given the similarities between our stories I'd guess your car must be on that ship also.

Hi all,
Just joined, great information on here
I placed my order on 3rd Aug for a M3P MSM White Interior.
Not received an allocation/VIN, I've tried calling, but just get told to wait and my order page just says 'We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment.'
Is this normal, I've tried looking in the Source data.
Thanks

Just spoke to Tesla again and the inconsistencies are huge. I was told last week my M3LR (321***) was on a ship due to arrive in the UK on the 10th September. Today they’ve told me it isn’t on a ship yet. They use the excuse that they don’t want to tell you the vessel in case they change the VIN. But I’d prefer to know where it is and that it might change, than know nothing at all.

Pretty frustrating.

I don't know, which was why I was keen to see if anyone spotted any RHD cars being loaded.
The Chinese press announcement only said the ship was bound for Zeebrugge.
A VIN allocation last night might suggest she will stop at Southampton though.
I've watched the video of the loading and it only really shows the early stages of the loading, there still seems to be a large number of vehicles in the holding area, which would make sense for a Southampton then Zeebrugge stop, RHD loaded last for first off. Other than that I can't specifically see any RHD being loaded.

Just spoke to Tesla again and the inconsistencies are huge. I was told last week my M3LR (321***) was on a ship due to arrive in the UK on the 10th September. Today they’ve told me it isn’t on a ship yet. They use the excuse that they don’t want to tell you the vessel in case they change the VIN. But I’d prefer to know where it is and that it might change, than know nothing at all.

Pretty frustrating.
Similar thing happened to me this morning. Called Tesla and was told my car (321***) was on a ship and I should expect delivery on the last day of September as the vessel would only be arriving a day before.

This is completely different to what I’ve been told before by my SA via email and by Luke on the chat. They said the vessel would arrive in Southampton on 13/Sep and my delivery would be about a week after that.

I’m thinking the person I spoke to today is just telling me the last possible delivery date for this quarter, maybe as an attempt to get me to stop asking 🤣. If it’s already on a ship, I doesn’t seem plausible that it’ll only arrive until 29/Sep.

Hi StevieG77,

I ordered a Black LR and aero wheels, black interior on the 09/08/2021; I also received my allocations SMS on the 13/08/2021. My VIN is also 321***. Looks like we are in almost the same position apart from our order day and delivery location. From my experience the SA won't get back to you if the questions are not related directly to purchase questions to do with the specs of the car or finance options. I did however call Tesla last week to order some items that were out of stock on the website and I got a bit chatty with the guy in the parts department and he explained that he could see my car on his system via a satellite feed of the port in Shanghai and the car was waiting to be loaded onto a ship, he told me my car had 56% battery remaining, and a few other bits. all very interesting. Two days later the Grand Ruby left port so I'm guessing my car is on that ship. Given the similarities between our stories I'd guess your car must be on that ship also.
Thanks for the reply and great choice of spec. Great minds think alike. :D

It's definitely looking like Grand Ruby is our ship but I have also seen a number of people on here who had texts around the 11th and 12th which I believe was an early ship or ships.
Hoping to get a text with more details this week from Tesla and a final invoice so I can pay the deposit owing.

Received a message this morning stating “Tesla Update - Great news! A car has now been allocated to your order. Your vehicle arrival date is being calculated. We will be in contact soon to make delivery arrangements. Not ready for your Model 3 or need help? Call us on 01628 450 660, option 4. Your order reference is RN11. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP.” But no official VIN? Is this a typical message?
Looks like it, we got the same today.

Status
Not open for further replies.