Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really a shipping movement post but I'm surprised they asked for payment.
In UK it's almost an afterthought with most people paying in the week before delivery (I'm aware they say they want payment well before that).
Did they ask for payment?
Tesla's definition of inventory is a little different from what most people would understand as inventory ie in stock. Tesla can have a car in inventory even though it is on a ship 10,000 miles away. They can give you the VIN etc. I'm surprised that with a build date of 4 Jul it is not here. That car should have certainly arrived and be delivered by now. I would certainly be having a chat with Tesla if I were you.

Yes I thought that it is already on a ship to Europe when I ordered.

They’ve sent me a SMS and email a few hours after I ordered and asked for the payment within 72h. That’s why I expected a quick delivery. After I didn’t get any news and had no delivery date on my Tesla account I called Tesla after 2 weeks.

They told me they don’t know which ship it will be and that I will need some more patience. (I already thought: Really? Are you kidding me, I already paid everything and you tell me that’s the car is not on a ship already??)

I’ve already sent them some more emails and told them that I am not happy with the things but they just told me that I will get my car until the end of September.

That’s why I ask if you think this is normal. Because I don’t think that’s normal at all.
I mean I paid almost 60k and got a piece of paper. Over a month ago. And they they it will take another month.

I am aware that TANNHAUSER is heading into Shanghai to load.
She was originally due to load on 16 Aug but now won't depart until tomorrow. Somehow she remains scheduled to arrive in Zeebrugge on 24 Sep.
I don't think she will have Tesla cargo onboard (and yes I'm aware that she did do a shipment last year)
Tesla isn't the only manufacturer that ships from Shanghai.

I have been lurking for a month or so and have found this thread useful, thanks for your work. You queried yesterday that maybe there is another ship?I hope this helps!

I called into a Tesla showroom to enquire when my RN gets an allocated car etc. They called up my RN and I looked at the screen to see the VIN and an expected delivery on vessel Elektra AX113 from SHG-SOU of 13 Sep. A quick check showed it left SHG on 16 Aug and is due in SOU on 14 Sep then on the Zeebrugge.

I have been lurking for a month or so and have found this thread useful, thanks for your work. You queried yesterday that maybe there is another ship?I hope this helps!

I called into a Tesla showroom to enquire when my RN gets an allocated car etc. They called up my RN and I looked at the screen to see the VIN and an expected delivery on vessel Elektra AX113 from SHG-SOU of 13 Sep. A quick check showed it left SHG on 16 Aug and is due in SOU on 14 Sep then on the Zeebrugge.
How does your VIN end, to help others with similar numbers👍

Reactions: moodel_tree

That is great news. Thanks for posting this info. I'll certainly add ELEKTRA to my list.
She wasn't originally scheduled to arrive in Southampton , just Zeebrugge on 14 Sep. Her arrival there has now shifted to 15 Sep.
I'm keen to learn where you see her arriving in Southampton on 14 Sep - was this from Tesla? Cancel that, I found it.

Reactions: roygoode
Thanks for the info. What have you ordered? Where you collecting?
M3 LR. Glasgow delivery when I made the order, but I know they ship cars out by single vehicle delivery transporter from there (as I regularly speak to the drivers when they stop at one of my work locations) and mine was shown on the screen yesterday as allocated to be delivered to the residential address - as I hoped it would be.

Reactions: Kevg
Thank you for sharing! Tesla told me last week that mine would arrive in Southampton on the 10th September. So it might be in Elektra and slid a few days. But my VIN is 321***, so 13,000 units before yours. I’m not sure if they ship sequentially and a good number will go to other regions. So maybe you do get such s large span of VINs on one ship.

mill speak to Tesla again this week and see if they have updated dates. If not, there might be another ship s few days ahead of Elektra.

So to summarise:

Glovis Summit - 23rd August
Glovis Companion - 30th August
Lake Geneva - 3rd September
Elektra - 14th September
Grand Ruby - 16th September

Would be keen to get a recap of people's VINs and delivery dates they've been given, which may or may not give others with similar numbers an idea of which ship theirs might be on?

Reactions: mosraza
GLOVIS COMPANION has updated to an arrival in Southampton of 30-8-21, is this correct??
Yes it is.
You will recall that I commented earlier today that her previous ETA of 28 Aug would require a very fast transit and wouldn't take take much to slip right.
Someone has obviously sat down and down the maths.
This revised ETA is much more realistic and achievable.
Zeebrugge probably on 2 Sep possibly late of 1 Sep.
I still think she can make Oslo on 5 Sep.

Reactions: Erol and Mr H
So to summarise:

Glovis Summit - 23rd August
Glovis Companion - 30th August
Lake Geneva - 3rd September
Grand Ruby - 16th September

Would be keen to get a recap of people's VINs and delivery dates they've been given, which may or may not give others with similar numbers an idea of which ship theirs might be on?
You missed out ELEKTRA on 14 Sep

Reactions: TesTed
Status
Not open for further replies.