Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Presumably Tesla had also accumulated vehicles for a shipload there over a longer period of time,
to get everything in line for Q3.
Elon had tweeted that Tesla had also been affected by the parts shortage in the meantime. And the almost finished vehicles
had to be "stored" somewhere. Looking back, Q3 was already a special quarter.

PS: Another ship arrives in Koper on 23.09, the GLOVIS CRYSTAL. In my opinion, this is a Tesla Chartership ...
It was at the "Tesla-Pier" in SHG for 48h ...
Yes but it then went to S. Korea.
Very unlikely to be a Tesla ship in my book.

Oh *sugar*, u´re right. big mistake by me. You think, thats it in Q3? My list for Europe without PAGNA, which only delivered to GB.

1632321256039.png

A question from the curious: just how many cars can these big car carriers transport?
I was trying to get an idea of the number of Tesla cars arriving through Southampton this quarter.
The ships vary in size and you will hear that 'ship X can carry 7000 cars'. That is based on a measure that is (still) based on a 1966 Toyota and a Model 3 is longer, wider and much heavier than one of those,however you can usually count about 3500 - 4500 Teslas for each ship.
I usually have a pretty good grip on the numbers for the UK but this quarter is the exception and I haven't got a clue, except to say that I'm very certain it will be higher than Q2 and September will beat the record set in June of 5468 cars sold.

I was trying to get an idea of the number of Tesla cars arriving through Southampton this quarter.
Many of the ships were also carrying vehicles for mainland Europe so difficult to know how many landed in the UK.

Last quarter was around 6k vehicles, I'd expect that to be beaten as its a new registration quarter and depend is going up - 8k to 10k is my prediction. There were only around 500 sales in August so it's all down to Sept.

Dublin based purchaser here...

I've a delivery date of 30 Sep and am assuming that my car has already arrived in Southampton on one of those ships. I phoned Tesla this morning and they said that it's due in Dublin on the 29th for final checks before handing over to me. So no room to bring the appointment forward.

Anyone else in here expecting their cars in Dublin want to share their delivery dates?

SR+, VIN series is 334***
Not Dublin but Belfast. I have a date for collection on 30th Sept. The car arrived at Belfast today and the SA said I could collect it tomorrow, late after noon. This doesn't suit me so collection on Friday morning.

Here is GLOVIS SPLENDOR on her way to Oslo viewed from the Isle Of Wight.

View attachment 712670

A dull question - Do we know for sure that she is delivering Teslas?
It's just that I don't believe she brought any from China but I agree she could have been crossloaded in Zeebrugge.
I got confirmation that mine is in transport to Oslo right now, and will arrive this weekend and be ready on Tuesday next week. So I assume it is on GLOVIS SPLENDOR since there are no other vehicle ships going in to Oslo.

Reactions: Mr Miserable
Not Dublin but Belfast. I have a date for collection on 30th Sept. The car arrived at Belfast today and the SA said I could collect it tomorrow, late after noon. This doesn't suit me so collection on Friday morning.
Very interesting! I see our VINs are from the same range as well. With the same collection date, I'd assume that our cars were from the same boat, but why would it take longer to get to Dublin instead of Belfast... *cough* brexit *cough*

Hi all,
For anyone who is interested, I have a collection date for my M3 SR+ for the 30th sept.
It is docking in Ireland on the 28th sept according to the SA. My VIN ends with 335***
Hopefully this may help someone else track their car to Ireland.

Dublin based purchaser here...

I've a delivery date of 30 Sep and am assuming that my car has already arrived in Southampton on one of those ships. I phoned Tesla this morning and they said that it's due in Dublin on the 29th for final checks before handing over to me. So no room to bring the appointment forward.

Anyone else in here expecting their cars in Dublin want to share their delivery dates?

SR+, VIN series is 334***
Hi, I have a collection date for the 30th also. Black SR+. They told me that it was arriving on Tuesday and they needed 2 days to get it ready. They said they would register the car in a few days and I will have the reg a few days before collection.
What time are you collecting? Im 5pm

Hi, I have a collection date for the 30th also. Black SR+. They told me that it was arriving on Tuesday and they needed 2 days to get it ready. They said they would register the car in a few days and I will have the reg a few days before collection.
What time are you collecting? Im 5pm
Ah! Fellow Dublin collector. My appointment is at 10am, so I'll be long gone by the time you get yours.

I actually got my licence plate number yesterday. I got an email stating my final invoice has been issued, and when I checked it, I could see the licence plate number. So I got it confirmed by my SA and then I went ahead with purchasing insurance and the motor tax with it. So now I'm just waiting for the tax disk to arrive and I'm all good.

Ah! Fellow Dublin collector. My appointment is at 10am, so I'll be long gone by the time you get yours.

I actually got my licence plate number yesterday. I got an email stating my final invoice has been issued, and when I checked it, I could see the licence plate number. So I got it confirmed by my SA and then I went ahead with purchasing insurance and the motor tax with it. So now I'm just waiting for the tax disk to arrive and I'm all good.
Happy days. I got my reg today also. Ill lay the tax tonight. Who did you use for insurance

So i was in Tesla yesterday and they told me "The ships have already set sail for November delivery cars".
Surely this isn't true
As a complete noob to the world of Tesla Logistics Watch, I would say unlikely, but not impossible.

I have been "watching" Giga 3 since the drone videos started going up just after they broke ground on the factory and Jason Yang's on 23rd Sept did show a lot of cars in the holding lot, but whether they are domestic or export I couldn't tell...

Nice one. Best of luck with the car
As far as I know September at Giga Shanghai is only for domestic production to get as much out in Q3 as possible. When October starts, the production lines for Europe will be back on and the first ships start departing mid/late October for November/December collections. Usually no collections in Europe the first month of a quarter (except any remaining inventory cars or cancellations) and nothing points out this would change for Q4.

Status
Not open for further replies.