Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all the weather forecast for NW Europe is not looking good, with gales and high seas.
The strong winds could hamper port manoeuvering (NABUCCO repositioning to Eastern docks in Southampton and eventual departure) and delay the arrival of some ships (HYPERION RAY). HORIZON LEADER will likely be delayed by weather too.

NABUCCO is now alongside the Western Docks in Southampton where she will be unloading her Tesla cargo. She is due to reposition to the Eastern Docks to unload other cargo before continuing on to Zeebrugge. She is due to arrive in Zeebrugge on Monday however the weather may have a say in this.

HYPERION RAY I think its now become clear that she doesn't like the look of the weather forecast and has decided to sit tight until the winds die down a bit. The weather forecast for the Bay of Biscay tomorrow looks simply horrendous. With high swells already a feature, waves of over 25' will combine with the Gale Force 9 northerly wind to produce a washing machine sea state. Tomorrow you will see ships crossing the Bay of Biscay barely making any headway enduring horrendous pitching and rolling. I think HYPERION RAY is very wise to stay out of it and it reduces the risk of damage to her cargo significantly. Deliveries will clearly be delayed by this and the fact that she will be routing to Zeebrugge first before coming to Southampton. As for the Israeli cars she is picking up to take to Ashdod, well they will be delayed...

HOEGH TRACER She is heading to Livorno but I would have expected her to have routed there via the Straits of Messina however her course shows that she clearly had no intention of doing that and she is currently off the west coast of Sicily and is about to head north across the Tyrrhenian Sea. Nevertheless she should arrive there tomorrow afternoon. She is now not due to arrive in Zeebrugge until 05 Dec.
If you have a VIN you can check to see if your car is aboard this ship - My cargo

HORIZON LEADER Is continuing to race at 19 kts to reach Southampton on 01 Dec. She is presently approaching Malta and can still make it on time but there must be no delays enroute. The weather however is likely to put a spanner in the works - as she approaches the north coast of Tunisia she will have a 30 kt headwind and some choppy short seas to contend with which will hamper her progress significantly. I would be surprised if she isn't delayed....

GRAND DAHLIA has switched off her AIS as she enters an area assessed as high risk in the Arabian Sea. I don't expect to hear from her again until she is established in the Red Sea on Tuesday. My concern is that her estimate for Suez of 02 Dec would indicate a canal transit booked for 03 Dec which means she will be running 24hrs late. She was due to arrive in Southampton on 11 Dec and Zeebrugge on 12 Dec however I think it inevitable that these dates will move right by at least 1 day unless she does a 'HORIZON LEADER' and engages ludicrous mode for the final leg.

Dont forget to enter the GRAND DAHLIA competition! Click HERE to enter.

PARADISE ACE She is now SW of India and entering the Arabian Sea. She is making good progress and I estimate she will arrive in Southampton around 12/13 Dec and Zeebrugge around 14 Dec.

VIKING BRAVERY is about 100NM east of Bandah Aceh in the Straits of Malacca heading for Suez (7 Dec). She is due to arrive in Koper on 12 Dec.

On the watch list we have GRAND PEARL possibly heading to Zeebrugge (21 Dec) and ARABIAN SEA possibly heading to Koper (18/19 Dec).

Last edited:
First of all the weather forecast for NW Europe is not looking good, with gales and high seas.
The strong winds could hamper port manoeuvering (NABUCCO repositioning to Eastern docks in Southampton and eventual departure) and delay the arrival of some ships (HYPERION RAY). HORIZON LEADER will likely be delayed by weather too.

NABUCCO is now alongside the Western Docks in Southampton where she will be unloading her Tesla cargo. She is due to reposition to the Eastern Docks to unload other cargo before continuing on to Zeebrugge. She is due to arrive in Zeebrugge on Monday however the weather may have a say in this.

HYPERION RAY I think its now become clear that she doesn't like the look of the weather forecast and has decided to sit tight until the winds die down a bit. The weather forecast for the Bay of Biscay tomorrow looks simply horrendous. With high swells already a feature, waves of over 25' will combine with the Gale Force 9 northerly wind to produce a washing machine sea state. Tomorrow you will see ships crossing the Bay of Biscay barely making any headway enduring horrendous pitching and rolling. I think HYPERION RAY is very wise to stay out of it and it reduces the risk of damage to her cargo significantly. Deliveries will clearly be delayed by this and the fact that she will be routing to Zeebrugge first before coming to Southampton. As for the Israeli cars she is picking up to take to Ashdod, well they will be delayed...

HOEGH TRACER She is heading to Livorno but I would have expected her to have routed there via the Straits of Messina however her course shows that she clearly had no intention of doing that and she is currently off the west coast of Sicily and is about to head north across the Tyrrhenian Sea. Nevertheless she should arrive there tomorrow afternoon. She is now not due to arrive in Zeebrugge until 05 Dec.
If you have a VIN you can check to see if your car is aboard this ship - My cargo

HORIZON LEADER Is continuing to race at 19 kts to reach Southampton on 01 Dec. She is presently approaching Malta and can still make it on time but there must be no delays enroute. The weather however is likely to put a spanner in the works - as she approaches the north coast of Tunisia she will have a 30 kt headwind and some choppy short seas to contend with which will hamper her progress significantly. I would be surprised if she isn't delayed....

GRAND DAHLIA has switched off her AIS as she enters an area assessed as high risk in the Arabian Sea. I don't expect to hear from her again until she is established in the Red Sea on Tuesday. My concern is that her estimate for Suez of 02 Dec would indicate a canal transit booked for 03 Dec which means she will be running 24hrs late. She was due to arrive in Southampton on 11 Dec and Zeebrugge on 12 Dec however I think it inevitable that these dates will move right by at least 1 day unless she does a 'HORIZON LEADER' and engages ludicrous mode for the final leg.

Dont forget to enter the GRAND DAHLIA competition! Click HERE to enter.

PARADISE ACE She is now SW of India and entering the Arabian Sea. She is making good progress and I estimate she will arrive in Southampton around 12/13 Dec and Zeebrugge around 14 Dec.

VIKING BRAVERY is about 100NM east of Bandah Aceh in the Straits of Malacca heading for Suez (7 Dec). She is due to arrive in Koper on 12 Dec.

On the watch list we have GRAND PEARL possibly heading to Zeebrugge (21 Dec) and ARABIAN SEA possibly heading to Koper (18/19 Dec).
All the story with HR is a real bummer

Forgive the daft question, but how do I find which vessel my car is on? I've got an confirmation text today still quoting next Friday for delivery, what are the chances this is going to be delayed? I'm in the UK if that matters.
I'm picking my car up from Southampton next Saturday, and I'm pretty sure it is/was on Nabucco which docked in the early hours this morning! Pretty likely that yours was also on Nabucco since it only takes a couple of days between the ship docking and deliveries starting.

Reactions: newwwt
Thanks for your help everyone, the mystery New 2020 US made Model 3 I managed to buy was in fact an issue on Tesla's end and should never have been made available to customers. Thankfully due to a cancellation (there seems to be quite a few cancellations in Ireland at the moment) I have had a new car assigned to me.
So there is no mysterious transport going on between the US and Europe with Model 3's.

Successful collection from Southampton at 13:00 and I saw a steady flow of M3s being driven off NABUCCO to the holding area. Not the best photo but there she is
IMG-20211126-WA0001.jpg

Just got confirmation that my car, due for collection on 11 December (and I was offered dates to 13 December) was on Nabucco as I suspected. So there can be an interval of more than two weeks from arrival at port to collection - think someone had earlier said they thought it was always less than that.

Just got confirmation that my car, due for collection on 11 December (and I was offered dates to 13 December) was on Nabucco as I suspected. So there can be an interval of more than two weeks from arrival at port to collection - think someone had earlier said they thought it was always less than that.
I'm pretty sure my car was on Nabucco and I originally booked the earliest date of the 10th December in Leicester. However a few days later I phoned and changed collection to Southampton on the 4th, which is 8 days after docking.

I have a collection date of 15th December from Thorpe Park, Surrey. Does any one think mine could be on NABUCCO? I don't have a VIN or Reg yet, just a date. The lease company have been pretty quiet. I have had to ring Tesla myself to find anything out.

I have a collection date of 15th December from Thorpe Park, Surrey. Does any one think mine could be on NABUCCO? I don't have a VIN or Reg yet, just a date. The lease company have been pretty quiet. I have had to ring Tesla myself to find anything out.
I had a 9 Dec collection date in Glasgow originally, which has now been pushed back to 13 Dec due to delays caused by the weather…CS wouldn’t tell me what ship mine was on but did confirm it was still “at sea”….I got my reg earlier this week and pulled VIN from the source code last week….I’d be surprised if yours was on NABUCCO.

Thanks for your help everyone, the mystery New 2020 US made Model 3 I managed to buy was in fact an issue on Tesla's end and should never have been made available to customers. Thankfully due to a cancellation (there seems to be quite a few cancellations in Ireland at the moment) I have had a new car assigned to me.
So there is no mysterious transport going on between the US and Europe with Model 3's.
I was gonna say sounds a bit dodgy I wouldn’t have been up for it myself! What spec did you secure?

Hi all, got a SMS text message this monday that my M3 LR is shipped "to the netherlands", including RN. Received RN already from lease company. Don't have a VIN yet. The tesla rep says he expects to deliver the car to me 2nd half of dec. Have to pick it up in Breda location netherlands when it is there. For tax reasons i need the car to be on a license plate bedore 31th december. Anyone has an idea how good my chances are?

Status
Not open for further replies.