Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, got a SMS text message this monday that my M3 LR is shipped "to the netherlands", including RN. Received RN already from lease company. Don't have a VIN yet. The tesla rep says he expects to deliver the car to me 2nd half of dec. Have to pick it up in Breda location netherlands when it is there. For tax reasons i need the car to be on a license plate bedore 31th december. Anyone has an idea how good my chances are?
Might be on Grand Dahlia. Delivery for BE and NL around 20/12

Hi all, got a SMS text message this monday that my M3 LR is shipped "to the netherlands", including RN. Received RN already from lease company. Don't have a VIN yet. The tesla rep says he expects to deliver the car to me 2nd half of dec. Have to pick it up in Breda location netherlands when it is there. For tax reasons i need the car to be on a license plate bedore 31th december. Anyone has an idea how good my chances are?
About 100%

Hi Chris. I got the same situation like you and waiting for a M3LR to be delivered. Got same SMS stating that the Car is on its way. Only the RN is mentioned and no VIN. Delivery Team stated that the car is to arrive at Zeebrugge on the 21st of December. There should be plenty of time to register the car this year according to them. So if all goes well we should be ok, fingers crossed 🤞🏼. And according to Mr Miserable there is a chance that the vehicle is on the Grand Pearl.

Reactions: TmYBcS
My M3LR is being delivered to my home from the Glasgow SC on 2/12. I have also assumed it will be on NABUCCO
I was originally meant to collect my M3LR in Glasgow on 9 December but have had my collection date postponed to 13 December due to adverse weather, which would suggest its still at sea. I initially thought mine was on NABUCCO but suspect its on HYPERION RAY or HORIZON LEADER.

NABUCCO is currently alongside the Western Docks in Southampton, where she unloaded her Tesla cargo, and is just about to move to the Eastern Docks to unload some other freight. She is due to arrive in Zeebrugge on Monday however the weather may still have a say in this.

HYPERION RAY continues to be 'hove to' off the Algarve as she waits for the weather conditions further north to settle. The Bay of Biscay is not a pleasant place to be today with a Force 9 gale blowing and heavy seas. There remains a possibility that the winds may pick up a little and achieve Storm Force 10. Ships are sheltering off the UK south coast from the northerly gale. The swell off the Iberian coast over the next few days will make progress northwards a challenge. If HYPERION RAY is to make it to Zeebrugge on Wednesday I think she will need to depart within the next 12 hours since progress will be slower than in calm conditions.
Deliveries will clearly be delayed by this and the fact that she will be routing to Zeebrugge first before coming to Southampton. As for the Israeli cars she is picking up to take to Ashdod, well they will be delayed...

HOEGH TRACER She will arrive in Livorno, Italy later today. This ship is not a Tesla charter vessel but one operating a scheduled liner service - hence all the stops on her way from China. She is not due to arrive in Zeebrugge until 05 Dec.
If you have a VIN you can check to see if your car is aboard this ship - My cargo

HORIZON LEADER Is continuing to battle her way through choppy seas to reach Southampton on 01 Dec. She is presently north of Tunisia making 18kts however I expect that headway to drop further over the next 24 hrs as the headwinds strengthen and the seas build. I would be surprised if she isn't delayed....

GRAND DAHLIA continues with her AIS in the OFF position as she transits an area assessed as high risk in the Arabian Sea. I don't expect to hear from her again until she is established in the Red Sea on Tuesday. My concern is that her estimate for Suez of 02 Dec would indicate a canal transit booked for 03 Dec which means she will be running 24hrs late. She was due to arrive in Southampton on 11 Dec and Zeebrugge on 12 Dec however I think it inevitable that these dates will move right by at least 1 day unless she does a 'HORIZON LEADER' and engages ludicrous mode for the final leg.

Dont forget to enter the GRAND DAHLIA competition! Click HERE to enter.

PARADISE ACE She is making 18kts across the Arabian Sea. I estimate she will arrive in Southampton around 12/13 Dec and Zeebrugge around 14 Dec.

VIKING BRAVERY is making 15 kts as she crosses the Bay of Bengal heading for Suez (7 Dec). She is due to arrive in Koper on 12 Dec.

On the watch list we have GRAND PEARL possibly heading to Zeebrugge (21 Dec) and ARABIAN SEA possibly heading to Koper (18/19 Dec).

As I filled in my VIN in the Tesla data decoder it looked like my LR MY has been made this july... ?!?!
and 85 % of the MY's made whithin this VIN range went to Norway...
Could this mean my car was meant for someone else in Norway, who canceled it ?
VIN : LRWYGCEK0MC1xxxxx
On my invoice december the 19th is mentioned as the delivery date.
I made a reservation on the 12th of March and ordered on the 29th of September.
Got my VIN and the invoice the 8th of November.
No text message from Tesla so far.
Also for me it's important to have my car regsitrated before the 31st of December, due to tax regulations.
Anyone any idea if this is going 'as planned' ?

I was gonna say sounds a bit dodgy I wouldn’t have been up for it myself! What spec did you secure?
Yeah it was very dodgy, frustrating that if I hadn't managed to figure it out myself I just would have been left without a car altogether as I had canceled my reservation when this one came available. Once I realised what was going on there was no way I was going to purchase that car. I secured a SR+ White with White interior. Very similar to my original spec ordered. So all is well.

Almost docked....

2021-11-27_13-03-59.jpg

What a crazy half hour I've just had!! After receiving a text earlier this week advising that my 9 December collection in Glasgow had to be postponed until 13 December at the earliest due to adverse weather, which made me assume my car was still at sea and either on HYPERION RAY or HORIZON LEADER, I've received two text messages in the last 30mins from Tesla - the first providing my VIN and REG and the second advising that an earlier collection was now available and my new collection date is now 10 December!! I can't imagine that the previously postponed date would have been pulled forward if my car wasn't on NABUCCO and safely ashore!!

Status
Not open for further replies.