Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else's car waking up every 45-60 minutes at the moment? I'm not sure if it's to do with the software or something else. Nothing's changed except that I've just moved to Octopus Go.

Now you say that, yes. During previous glance I thought it was cabin overheat, but looking at the temperatures and times, its not that. Looks like it intermittently started around Thu 25th. Looking even closer, it is behaving like cabin overheat but being triggered at much lower temperatures. Hopefully its not the 12v on its way out. Coincidentally, it was in Tesla service around the time that it started. I wonder if they disconnected the 12v and didn't properly reconnect - but of course, that would not explain yours.

• Informative
Reactions: doats1
Having the same issue, not every hour but quite randomly throughout the day, sometime it will stay asleep for 7 hours then wake up for 13 minutes go back to sleep for 5 minutes then wake up for another 13 minutes and then go back to sleep for 8 hours.

The first time it occurred was on the 30th at 4pm, that was after driving it at 9am that morning after it had been asleep for 3 days. Since then random wakes.

Initially I thought it was the Tesla app update that came out this week, but even when I have the app closed the car wakes. So I'm guessing it's either an issue with 2022.20 and the changes to the Tesla API or an issue with Teslamate and the changes to the Tesla API.

Mine just shows the car waking then asleep literally 15 minutes after. Then it constantly cycles through that pattern non stop. Apart from when sentry is active of course. I’m not on IO and I haven’t signed into anything that can wake the car. I only use TM and my Home Assistant gets car data via MQTT.

Mine just shows the car waking then asleep literally 15 minutes after. Then it constantly cycles through that pattern non stop. Apart from when sentry is active of course. I’m not on IO and I haven’t signed into anything that can wake the car. I only use TM and my Home Assistant gets car data via MQTT.
What version of software do you have on your car? Have you had any updates recently?

Now you say that, yes. During previous glance I thought it was cabin overheat, but looking at the temperatures and times, its not that. Looks like it intermittently started around Thu 25th. Looking even closer, it is behaving like cabin overheat but being triggered at much lower temperatures. Hopefully its not the 12v on its way out. Coincidentally, it was in Tesla service around the time that it started. I wonder if they disconnected the 12v and didn't properly reconnect - but of course, that would not explain yours.
Cabin overheat just kicked at pretty much exact 40C. But car had been periodically waking all morning with temps within the 20’s. So it’s not phantom cabin overheat protection, at least, not active anyway. I’m not ruling out a change in how it’s monitoring things though. Overnight it’s going long periods asleep as expected, but behaviour changed during the potentially warmer hours of the day.

Definitely behaviours changed recently and no correlation to any car firmware updates. Not sure about app updates but pretty much coincides with right after it was in at Tesla for work…

Care to share a state graph for the last couple of weeks? Sometimes it's easier to spot patterns - and hence causes - in the graphs rather than from descriptions.
I won't have 2 weeks worth of data because I backup and truncate annually. But here's what I have:

1662240722144.png

Looks like there was a similar pattern beforehand that woke the car less frequently. Maybe my 12v is reaching EOL?

Here's my states for the last 3 days:

Screenshot 2022-09-03 at 22.33.21.png

As I type this the car just woke up after being asleep for 10hrs.

Only 3 services have ever been logged in to my Tesla account:
  • Tesla app on my iPhone (currently closed)
  • Tesla Watch app on my iPhone/Apple Watch (currently closed with background refresh disabled)
  • Teslamate
Here's the last 7 days, with the first unexpected wake occurring at around 4pm on the 30th.

Screenshot 2022-09-03 at 22.39.36.png

I've had Teslamate on the car since December 2020 and other than the early days where it woke at least once a day the car has been extremely well behaved sleeping for days at a time, when I had COVID back in March it was happily asleep for 5 days without waking and if I don't use it at a weekend it will sleep through til Monday morning.

As I say, the only things that have changed around that time are API changes to enable 'cached' data and the iOS Tesla App being updated.

Currently running 2022.20.8 and have done a reboot a few days ago.

I won't have 2 weeks worth of data because I backup and truncate annually. But here's what I have:

View attachment 848677

Looks like there was a similar pattern beforehand that woke the car less frequently. Maybe my 12v is reaching EOL?
Big difference round about the 1st. Anything happen then?
I'd start with the basics i.e. change the password and then adding in any apps you're using one at a time to see what could be triggering it. Tesla are likely to suggest the same.

Here's my states for the last 3 days:

View attachment 848678

As I type this the car just woke up after being asleep for 10hrs.

Only 3 services have ever been logged in to my Tesla account:
  • Tesla app on my iPhone (currently closed)
  • Tesla Watch app on my iPhone/Apple Watch (currently closed with background refresh disabled)
  • Teslamate
Here's the last 7 days, with the first unexpected wake occurring at around 4pm on the 30th.

View attachment 848680

I've had Teslamate on the car since December 2020 and other than the early days where it woke at least once a day the car has been extremely well behaved sleeping for days at a time, when I had COVID back in March it was happily asleep for 5 days without waking and if I don't use it at a weekend it will sleep through til Monday morning.

As I say, the only things that have changed around that time are API changes to enable 'cached' data and the iOS Tesla App being updated.

Currently running 2022.20.8 and have done a reboot a few days ago.
As above. I'd reset password to rule out any other apps. If the API has changed then there may be an issue with other apps. Also remove the widget from the home screen for just now. You really want to minimise the variables.
Those offline are bugging me, but I'd need to cast my mind back as to what causes them. Let me think overnight :)

FYI if using the default streaming mode Teslamate can't keep the car awake.