Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I seem to have an invisible car

Attachments

• B76504BA-6CF9-43C1-A33A-DD3926279D64.png
    B76504BA-6CF9-43C1-A33A-DD3926279D64.png
    111.7 KB · Views: 96
Tried to install 20.08 today but said update failed and wait for new update to be sent to car.

Never seen it do that before???
Raise a service request. I had this a couple of updates ago, and they said that it failed due to lack of wi-fi. They pushed the update again and said I had to make sure I was connected to wi-fi while installing it. (Bizarre, I know - there's nothing in the manual that says you need to be connected to wi-fi while installing the update, and if it was really supposed to be like that, surely it would refuse to install without wi-fi?)

Anyway, your issue may be different, but raise a service request and see what they say. Even if they just say you need to wait for the next update, it's always good to flag these issues - they won't get fixed if they don't know they're happening.... But chances are they'll figure out what went wrong and push 20.08 to you again...

Raise a service request. I had this a couple of updates ago, and they said that it failed due to lack of wi-fi. They pushed the update again and said I had to make sure I was connected to wi-fi while installing it. (Bizarre, I know - there's nothing in the manual that says you need to be connected to wi-fi while installing the update, and if it was really supposed to be like that, surely it would refuse to install without wi-fi?)

Anyway, your issue may be different, but raise a service request and see what they say. Even if they just say you need to wait for the next update, it's always good to flag these issues - they won't get fixed if they don't know they're happening.... But chances are they'll figure out what went wrong and push 20.08 to you again...
Was connected to WiFi when the update was attempted so who knows.

Service appointment for a mobile ranger scheduled for next Wednesday although as you say it’ll probably be remotely fixed before then. Car is working fine for now so not overly concerned yet.

At some point surely Tesla will replace the Model 3 with a completely new design? By the standards of most other manufacturers, it’s getting pretty long in the tooth - introduced in 2017 so now into its 5th year. Typical lifetime of a BMW 3 series production run is about 6-7 years.
Changing designs unnecessarily devalues all the existing cars. There have been lots of changes under the skin and that’s where changes should be made. I am wholly in support of refining existing designs.

Reactions: Toblerone
(Bizarre, I know - there's nothing in the manual that says you need to be connected to wi-fi while installing the update, and if it was really supposed to be like that, surely it would refuse to install without wi-fi?)
Reliable is the key word here:
Some software updates can take up to three hours to complete. Model 3 must be in Park while the software is being updated. To ensure the fastest and most reliable delivery of software updates, leave the Wi- Fi turned on and connected whenever possible

Was connected to WiFi when the update was attempted so who knows.

Service appointment for a mobile ranger scheduled for next Wednesday although as you say it’ll probably be remotely fixed before then. Car is working fine for now so not overly concerned yet.
When I received the update to 20.8 a couple of days ago it stayed at 50% for a long time & then stopped.

A second attempt a couple of hours later went through no problem, both instances were on the drive & connected to wifi so it's worth trying again.

When I received the update to 20.8 a couple of days ago it stayed at 50% for a long time & then stopped.

A second attempt a couple of hours later went through no problem, both instances were on the drive & connected to wifi so it's worth trying again.
There is now no option to try again and it just says my firmware is upto date, need Tesla to re-push the update I think, will see what they say in relation to the service request

Hi all,

This may have been mentioned before but yet to find a fix.

M3P 2020, been unlocking and locking the doors using my iPhone since the day I got it. Only recently, when I open the car the alarum goes off 3 times and then stops. No idea what’s going on. Highly annoying.

Anyone had similar issues?

Reactions: M3noob
Hi all,

This may have been mentioned before but yet to find a fix.

M3P 2020, been unlocking and locking the doors using my iPhone since the day I got it. Only recently, when I open the car the alarum goes off 3 times and then stops. No idea what’s going on. Highly annoying.

Anyone had similar issues?
Is this a joke? How many threads do we have to have on this. Do a search ... no don't bother ... yes, people have had similar issues. Wait for some future software update to resolve .. no, not necessarily the next update, a future update. Sorry, I'm over tired.;)

Is this a joke? How many threads do we have to have on this. Do a search ... no don't bother ... yes, people have had similar issues. Wait for some future software update to resolve .. no, not necessarily the next update, a future update. Sorry, I'm over tired.;)
You don't even need to search. When typing in the title of a new topic you are presented with a list of existing threads based on what you typed. #4 on that list is this thread:

Alarm on unlock issue

I had a long pause at 50% on the .8 download and had it complete the download whilst I was driving using my iphone as a hotspot.

When I was at my destination I knew I was going to be there for a few hours and hit install as soon as I parked and wandered off. It definitely did not have a wifi connection for the install.

Hope that helps.