Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.28.1 — Official Release Notes and Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
'22 MYP.

On 2022.28.1 now after 2022.24.x for a bit and so far not super impressed. Started a road trip today and did about 400 miles on the highway, mostly on Autopilot. Lots of phantom breaking events on 2 and 4 lane (2 lanes each side) highways when other cars weren't around to add perspective (I think), and to make matters worse it seems to recover from phantom breaking poorly. Like on 2022.24.x and before if it started to slow down for no reason and I just overrode it with the accelerator, it'd get past that point and continue on pretty easily. But now its almost like it fully disengages the accelerator and keeps trying to slow down until you fully disengage autopilot and re-engage. Not a fun experience. Anyone else seeing similar?

• Informative
Reactions: cmy4x4 and navguy12
I think that is by design. Why would you change profiles or unlock doors while driving? They appear once you stop.
The problem is you have to go into park to get them to reappear, not just stop. If I pull up to pickup someone, I have to put into park to unlock. It is also nice to see the dashcam icon to know if it is recording or not and not have to go into the menu to see it. Was also nice tapping on it to save footage as opposed to having to dive into a menu to save.

The problem is you have to go into park to get them to reappear, not just stop. If I pull up to pickup someone, I have to put into park to unlock. It is also nice to see the dashcam icon to know if it is recording or not and not have to go into the menu to see it. Was also nice tapping on it to save footage as opposed to having to dive into a menu to save.

Mine appear if I stop and apply the brake pedal. I can unlock doors with it then. No need for park.

Mine appear if I stop and apply the brake pedal. I can unlock doors with it then. No need for park.
Disregard that part of my previous statement, the lock/unlock does appear, the background on the map when I first tested was almost the exact color of the lock so I missed it. I still stand by my statement on the Dashcam toggle as being a useful icon. Would also love a raise suspension option that was always available and not two screen presses deep.

Disregard that part of my previous statement, the lock/unlock does appear, the background on the map when I first tested was almost the exact color of the lock so I missed it. I still stand by my statement on the Dashcam toggle as being a useful icon. Would also love a raise suspension option that was always available and not two screen presses deep.
Agreed on suspension

You can add the dashcam icon to the bottom toolbar. That icon shows when it’s recording, and tapping it while driving saves video. Tapping it while parked opens the dashcam viewer.

(rant)
Tonight 28.1 was pushed to my M3. I was thinking, ok, I see the release notes on "Not a Tesla App" which was linked from Teslafi and it said that two things were included; Alternate Routes and the ability to minimize the Theater. I can dig the Alternate Route, especially navigating through SoCal, but guess what... It was NOT part of my download:

View attachment 852607

View attachment 852612

Most of the time the updates are great, but this one is, well, useless to me. It's right up there with the useless games we continually receive.

It's not that I don't appreciate the updates, I do, but all that programming effort by Tesla's software folks for the ability to minimize the theater? I dunno, it just seems they could have spent their time and money on something more valuable to Tesla owners as a whole.
(/rant)
you think thats due to your 2.5?

The Not A Tesla App release notes for the alternate routes feature says this:

"Tesla is being quite selective on which vehicles receive this feature, though. The feature is available across North America and Europe, but the automotive company is only turning it on remotely on select vehicles, and it’s unclear as to how they’re selecting these vehicles."