Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.36 — Official Release Notes and Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
True. They are pretty serious about driver attention, however. We won't know until we try!
So, here it is. Mrs. DrGriz in the driver's seat, driving with her phone as key. Me in the passenger seat, this screenshot is my phone. The media player was set to radio, but not turned on at the moment. I was able to turn it on as the passenger.

36.5. Downloaded 36.6 2 hours later when we got home. Took about an hour to download over Starlink and 20 minutes to install.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221104_113429_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20221104_113429_Tesla.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 135
It almost always happens no matter what you do, even if it takes a week.
FWIW, I have had 2 updates since I got my 2022 M3 in Sep. They took about 70 and 50 minutes each, from start to finish, no interruptions, just slower than Tesla warned. I don't know how well that compares to averages. Results seem to vary widely. I haven't seen any consistent explanations for the variation, just that almost everyone is dissatisfied with how long it takes.

M3 2022 firmware updates 3.png

Yes, I agree there appears to be no rhyme nor reason to the download hangs. One time I had it hang at 16%. Didn't stay long (2 hours) enough to get it to go and when I tried again the next day at a different spot, it downloaded steadily without hanging up and was done by the next time I looked. 🤷‍♂️

Wow, is Starlink really that slow?
I don't think that it's the ISP that's the limiting factor most of the time when a software update downloads. Maybe sometimes.

There are probably other processes that occur that affect the download and that cause the hangs that people experience.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221106_070201_Starlink.jpg
    Screenshot_20221106_070201_Starlink.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 76
I updated to 2022.36 toady and I had a nasty surprise! The car (2018 Midrage Model 3) totally reformatted to the setting when I pick up the card new. EVERYTHING is gone: Favorites, EAP settings, various profile settings, radio settings, mirrors, trip odometers reset to zero even though I never touched them (used to matched the 36,296 on the odometer) and worst of all, the Homelink function was deleted. This was standard on the Model 3 back then. Now when I reprogram home address, it is gone the next time I tap the favorites tab. Nothing is retained.

Anyone else have this happen? In all the years I owned the car, this has never happened with an update. Very distressing to try and remember lost address let alone the Homelink function. I placed a service request. Let’s see what happens.

• Informative
Reactions: DrGriz and cmy4x4
After about 48 hours, mine got stuck at 3% download of 36.6 -- It now finally quit nagging me for the 'software update' and has apparently decided to forget the whole thing. So I guess I'll be stuck at 28.2 for a while.:(
Still not updating. Got stuck at 30% and won't go any further. I put in a service request this morning and explained what was going on. I don't feel like driving 300 miles in winter conditions, for an update at the service center. Will wait to hear back.

Reactions: Scubadude
Still not updating. Got stuck at 30% and won't go any further. I put in a service request this morning and explained what was going on. I don't feel like driving 300 miles in winter conditions, for an update at the service center. Will wait to hear back.
No personal experience, but I have read where sometimes the SC will remotely reset your update when this happens and it then proceeds.

No personal experience, but I have read where sometimes the SC will remotely reset your update when this happens and it then proceeds.
I sent Service a message this morning and told him the situation. They reset it and attempted another software download. But after four hours it was only at 9%. They said something was definitely wrong and they would try to pull the logs and see if they can sort it out over the air . This is the first time anything like this has happened to me.

• Informative
Reactions: DrGriz
I sent Service a message this morning and told him the situation. They reset it and attempted another software download. But after four hours it was only at 9%. They said something was definitely wrong and they would try to pull the logs and see if they can sort it out over the air . This is the first time anything like this has happened to me.
Thanks for the follow up. Looking forward to see how this resolves.

Thanks for the follow up. Looking forward to see how this resolves.
Quick update:
I hardwired an access point in the driveway about 15 feet from the car. It then updated from 38% to 50% in about 30 minutes. Got stuck at 50% for about an hour and then took off again. Finally completed about an hour after I installed the AP. Contacted the service center and told them what I did. They were pretty interested in my progress (or their progress.) It's now trying to do update and is stuck at 60% for the past 45 minutes. Only thing I can figure is that either my router isn't putting out the signal as strong as it used to - or the wi-fi receiver in the car is getting weaker. ???

too
Quick update:
I hardwired an access point in the driveway about 15 feet from the car. It then updated from 38% to 50% in about 30 minutes. Got stuck at 50% for about an hour and then took off again. Finally completed about an hour after I installed the AP. Contacted the service center and told them what I did. They were pretty interested in my progress (or their progress.) It's now trying to do update and is stuck at 60% for the past 45 minutes. Only thing I can figure is that either my router isn't putting out the signal as strong as it used to - or the wi-fi receiver in the car is getting weaker. ???
Success - finally! Took about an hour to do the update once it downloaded. Been pulling my hair out for the past week. Still can't figure out how to get the music icons on my iPhone. I got the 'open driver door' icon, but couldn't figure the music thing. I'm on 4.14.2 with the Tesla app.

Reactions: cmy4x4 and DrGriz
So, here it is. Mrs. DrGriz in the driver's seat, driving with her phone as key. Me in the passenger seat, this screenshot is my phone. The media player was set to radio, but not turned on at the moment. I was able to turn it on as the passenger.

36.5. Downloaded 36.6 2 hours later when we got home. Took about an hour to download over Starlink and 20 minutes to install.

All right DrGriz, How did you get the music app on the phone to work? Mine won't show up on my phone. Did you have to do something in the music setting in the car itself?

All right DrGriz, How did you get the music app on the phone to work? Mine won't show up on my phone. Did you have to do something in the music setting in the car itself?
I honestly don't know for sure. The day I took the screenshot, my wife had brought the car around, remained in the driver's seat, and I got in. Opened the app on my phone and there it was.

Both phones are set up as keys and we have only one Tesla account.

It may be that you have to have this switch toggled under Safety? But I don't really know.

1668188800135.png