Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.28.1 — Official Release Notes and Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Not A Tesla App release notes for the alternate routes feature says this:

"Tesla is being quite selective on which vehicles receive this feature, though. The feature is available across North America and Europe, but the automotive company is only turning it on remotely on select vehicles, and it’s unclear as to how they’re selecting these vehicles."
Happy too be among the chosen. lol

There has been a fair bit of discussion on "alternate routes" in the UK sub forum, it's appearing now for just about everyone, even if not straight after the initial install. It might just take a few hours or over night for some reason

The second part of the discussion is you don't get alternate routes offered if a charging stop is required on the journey. However, this video was posted which shows how to still get alternate routes when there is a charging stop. Thought it might be worth a wider look, especially as it's refreshingly short for a youtube video.

Not sure what’s going on, but this update showed up for me two days ago (I’m in Canada), and for some reason the car indicated that the download had started even though I wasn’t connected to any wifi. And now I have a pop up in the app that is showing “Downloading”, but no percentage and it’s stuck like that since yesterday morning…

When I connect to a wifi nothing happens, the download never really starts and I don’t know what to do. I already tried to reboot the system but no avail.

If anyone knows how to fix that, please let me know.

Does anyone know if the alternate routes will allow you to choose between a toll route and a non toll route, and show you with a $ sign etc if one is a toll route?
Just following up to my question now that I’ve received 2022.28.2. I can 100% confirm that the alternative routes DOES now differentiate between a toll route and non toll route. It shows a $ sign for a route that has a toll on it. It’s exactly the implementation I was hoping for. Really helpful for the driving I do. Thanks Tesla!

Reactions: DrGriz and MP3Mike
Weird that this thread is only a few hours old and yet many of it's participants have already been banned.
I thought people tended to get overly excited about waypoints back in the day, but I guess alternate routing gets people fired up to a whole new level!
I wouldnt say 2 = many
What actions cause a thread participant to be banned?
In general, it would be breaking forum rules.

Nope, not every MSP got the desire, even though the release notes indicate otherwise. Any other crappy Tesla implementation; meaning half baked beta.

I didnt get them either on my 2018 model 3, but it does have HW 3 and FSD. I only mention that because someone speculated that @S&B's M3 didnt get them because they have HW 2.5 or something. My wifes model Y just got the appropriate update tonight, and I havent checked its patch notes yet.

• Informative
Reactions: navguy12
Have 2021 MSP. Have 2022.28.2. Have alternate routes. I see when you select an alternate route, it does Not add Superchargers, even though that longer route may well Need Supercharging.
The video posted earlier shows how to deal with supercharging en route. Essentially you add a stop, making it a charging one and all the superchargers appear, the red ones are within range

Hmm I just selected my usual trip to work that should come up with 3 alternate options, with 1 of them a toll road, and was doing so yesterday after the update. Clearly showed all 3 options and highlighted the toll route with a $ sign. Now only coming up with 1 route… and have to use the old avoid toll toggle on and off to compare. Has anyone else had their alternate routes disappear after gaining them post update?