Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.36.1/2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems that, over the past few days, the 2022.36 update is being rolled out in a number of places. No sign of it yet in northern New England, where I live.

Is it perhaps a common thing for Tesla to do a staggered roll-out, rather than do it in one blast, everywhere at the same time (e.g., as Apple does)?

I.e., any reason for me to be worried? As a six-month Tesla owner, I am still navigating my way around...

Is it perhaps a common thing for Tesla to do a staggered roll-out, rather than do it in one blast, everywhere at the same time (e.g., as Apple does)?

Yes. In fact, its likely that there will never be a time when all tesla vehicles are on the same version. There will be times when you may read about some software version or other, and get it weeks later (or near the beginning, at random). There will be times when you wont even get it at all, get skipped, and get some other newer version weeks later.

• Informative
Reactions: cmy4x4
It seems that, over the past few days, the 2022.36 update is being rolled out in a number of places. No sign of it yet in northern New England, where I live.

I.e., any reason for me to be worried? As a six-month Tesla owner, I am still navigating my way around...

I actually prefer it more if they go the Apple way.

Staggered roll-out and push. But those who look for the update can get it first.

Reactions: nilesborg
I actually prefer it more if they go the Apple way.

Staggered roll-out and push. But those who look for the update can get it first.
Tesla will never do it that way. I think part of the reason they don’t let everyone get the updates at once (besides overloading their servers) is to avoid deploying potential bugs to the entire fleet at once. Also, not every update is applicable to every car configuration.

The roll out seems to have been halted or at least slowed up significantly. Teslafi is showing a distinct slow down in numbers since Friday, we had .2 coming out quickly behind .1, and there are reports of bugs such as the rear controls not working on the newer MS and MX. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a .3 in the next few days which becomes the new release.

I did the update to 2022.36.2 today. I have a 2022 model s. I can confirm the new energy graph is included for the new model s. Also, the reinsert USB stick to get full speed bug also seems to be fixed. My wife is disappointed that the new caraoke feature only puts the words on the rear screen and only on certain music streams.

The roll out seems to have been halted or at least slowed up significantly. Teslafi is showing a distinct slow down in numbers since Friday, we had .2 coming out quickly behind .1, and there are reports of bugs such as the rear controls not working on the newer MS and MX. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a .3 in the next few days which becomes the new release.
It’s started again with .2, maybe they were just being cautious to see if any more issues.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin