Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model Y - USB Data Ports - USB-A Glovebox Only

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, the intel atom processor and AMD Ryzen processor refers to the processor of your Tesla. You may find the information under"software" and select "additional vehicle information" in your Tesla vehicle system.
I’ll try one more time. What is it about the module that you sell which is specific to AMD vs. Intel?

Presumably both are x86-64 architectures. I’m pretty sure there isn’t an ARM Ryzen out there, someone please correct me if I’m mistaken.

Reactions: Spam2Yam
All I can think of is that the Intel Atom chipset might only support USB 2.0 which is 480 Mbs. If the chipset is real old it may only support USB 1.0 (1.5 Mbps) or USB 1.1 (12 Mbps). Newer Atom chipsets can add USB 3.0 (5 Gbps). I would guess that Tesla has an older chipset version which wouldn't support USB 3.

AMD Ryzen chipsets may support USB 3.1 (10 Gbps) and maybe USB 3.2 (20 Gbps).

However, I would think the Tparts module could support most of those specs (depending on the chipset used inside the module) so I'm not certain this is the reason. Perhaps the Tparts module was first designed to only support Atom USB speeds and they redesigned it to support Ryzen USB speeds (in which case the Ryzen version should work with both Atom and Ryzen)?

Last edited:
We normally put back-order before our inventory completely went out, cause we don't want to disappoint our customers! Would you kindly share a review of our product here for TMC members? It seems like many members are still questioning the functionality of our product! A product review will be really helpful for the community and TPARTS! Thank you so much!;)
The Data Transmission Module was pretty easy to install...the hardest part was getting the panel off (took some leverage) but the tool that was provided worked well. The swap was straight forward and simple - no mechanical or technical skill required. Once finished, I plugged in my Jowua USB hub back in and then connected my Xbox controller. Everything worked great and now I can play Skyforce without burning my finger! I recommend this to anyone wanting to regain data transfer functionality in the center console, even if you still don't get Sonic or Cuphead!

I also purchased the Suede Center Console Wrap and matching cup stabilizer...also super easy to install and looks damn good. I wish the stabilizer was a bit more flush with the rest of the console like it shows in the picture, (mine sits about a 1/8" lower than the console), but I can live with it. The suede matches the phone charging area well and was easy to line up. Both products recommended.

The Data Transmission Module was pretty easy to install...the hardest part was getting the panel off (took some leverage) but the tool that was provided worked well. The swap was straight forward and simple - no mechanical or technical skill required. Once finished, I plugged in my Jowua USB hub back in and then connected my Xbox controller. Everything worked great and now I can play Skyforce without burning my finger! I recommend this to anyone wanting to regain data transfer functionality in the center console, even if you still don't get Sonic or Cuphead!

I also purchased the Suede Center Console Wrap and matching cup stabilizer...also super easy to install and looks damn good. I wish the stabilizer was a bit more flush with the rest of the console like it shows in the picture, (mine sits about a 1/8" lower than the console), but I can live with it. The suede matches the phone charging area well and was easy to line up. Both products recommended.
Thank you so much for sharing your shopping experience with TMC members, a little gift has been send to you via DM. ;)

Reactions: Morwynn
I actually just installed the Data Transmission Module from TPARTS this evening. As @Morwynn above stated, the hardest part was removing the panel. I struggled a lot with this. I ended up snapping off one of the clips (at the bottom) when I gave it a hard pull. This wasn't the end of the world because once it all snaps back into place, it goes back in flush and isn't going anywhere. USB music worked, an old Logitech controller worked when i played Skyforce...everything worked like how it should've worked from the beginning...I'm just glad i don't have to deal with the USB port in the glovebox and managing my devices there. Overall, excellent product and great shopping experience with TPARTS!

Reactions: TESPLUS
I actually just installed the Data Transmission Module from TPARTS this evening. As @Morwynn above stated, the hardest part was removing the panel. I struggled a lot with this. I ended up snapping off one of the clips (at the bottom) when I gave it a hard pull. This wasn't the end of the world because once it all snaps back into place, it goes back in flush and isn't going anywhere. USB music worked, an old Logitech controller worked when i played Skyforce...everything worked like how it should've worked from the beginning...I'm just glad i don't have to deal with the USB port in the glovebox and managing my devices there. Overall, excellent product and great shopping experience with TPARTS!
Huge thanks for your review!!! The Panel removing is really the hardest thing in the whole process for sure even with our tools!!!🤣 Anyway, glad to hear that you are enjoying our products!!!

I forgot to mention another little trim accessory that I got - the Seat Track Covers. I had never seen these on any other site. I have aftermarket floor mats for a reason so it only makes sense to also protect the carpet wherever else I can. These covers are held on by Velcro strips and stay put. They do not interfere with seat movement (make sure you press them down snugly) or the under seat storage bin that I have there. Just a subtle little addon that you literally forget you have, but they do look nice and as if they belong there.

Reactions: Dayreg and TESPLUS
Bingo! You are correct, our AMD Ryzen will support both intel atom and AMD Ryzen processor. The reason why we have it in a separate option is the currently version only supports intel Atom processor.

Thank you for your explanation to the members! We really appreciate you helping us answer this question!
So the Intel data module won't work in a new Model 3 LR? Is there a way to cancel an order and switch it out for the AMD version?

I'm pretty sure the Intel Atom version of the TParts module will work with the new Ryzen as well. It just won't run at the higher USB speed like USB 3.x and maybe USB 2.x. I'm not sure the higher speeds would be required in a car, though.

We already established the new AMD version of the TParts module will work with both the Atom (at USB speeds supported by the Atom) and with the Ryzen at higher USB speeds.

So the Intel data module won't work in a new Model 3 LR? Is there a way to cancel an order and switch it out for the AMD version?
It really depends on what processor your Tesla has. If your Tesla is a intel atom processor, our intel data module will work perfectly on your Tesla.

Our Intel atom version will hit warehouse on 2/22/2022 and all the intel module order will be shipped by the time. The AMD version ETA will be Mar 10. And by the time of restock, the price will be adjusted by the time the module back in stock due to the price raise of chips.