Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 MX Plaid Auto Frunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sooo I had been wanting to get the auto frunk for my Plaid X and I spoke to a few people around for purchase and install. I’ll leave those companies nameless but the one company that I came across on these forums that was the most helpful, flexible, and reasonable was European Auto Sports based out of Anaheim. Tom there was awesome and just an all around great guy who owns a model y performance and loves his Tesla like us lol. They took such nice care of my baby and install was super quick and well worth it. They use the Hansshow kit and back it with a 2 year warranty. I watched them do the whole thing and they were super careful, gentle, and clean. I’m here to let everyone know to go see them if you need something done to your car then these guys are excellent. I’m already planning my trip back for my caliper upgrades!

My car:

Reactions: tom @ eas and CTDW
It’s baffling this wasn’t made a standard feature on at least the S/X with the refresh.
I assume it’s a safety concern. If the mechanism accidentally opens at speed then there will be serious damage.

If anything else opened at speed (doors, trunk) the wind speed would probably contain it in a closing direction rather than rip it right off like a frunk lid would end up going.

I assume it’s a safety concern. If the mechanism accidentally opens at speed then there will be serious damage.

If anything else opened at speed (doors, trunk) the wind speed would probably contain it in a closing direction rather than rip it right off like a frunk lid would end up going.
Most (if not all) manufacturers double-locked on the hoods (Frunk in this case) to prevent this from happening.