Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 MYP GPS stuck, no cameras, cannot sleep

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having the exact same issues with my 2023 MY LR that I’ve had for one and half weeks. Tesla service stated it’s a hardware issue after they tried pushing an update to me that I didn’t receive until later in the day. Now I have to wait until Nov 28th for my service appointment to potentially get my computer replaced. Did a 12v reset and it worked for a couple hours and next morning the issues came back. I’m on software 2023.38.4 and I hope it’s just a software issue and it’ll fix with an update.

Having the exact same issues with my 2023 MY LR that I’ve had for one and half weeks. Tesla service stated it’s a hardware issue after they tried pushing an update to me that I didn’t receive until later in the day. Now I have to wait until Nov 28th for my service appointment to potentially get my computer replaced. Did a 12v reset and it worked for a couple hours and next morning the issues came back. I’m on software 2023.38.4 and I hope it’s just a software issue and it’ll fix with an update.
Did anything seem to trigger it?

I've also noticed this time around, regenerative braking is reduced with notification. Service appointment tomorrow.

Did anything seem to trigger it?

I've also noticed this time around, regenerative braking is reduced with notification. Service appointment tomorrow.
Not that I know of. Requested Tesla service to push another update to see if it would fix it but haven’t gotten a response as of yet. Just gonna be troubleshooting until my service appointment. Hopefully it fixes itself soon.

wow, so replacing the computer is not the solution! Was on chat with Tesla service, they insisted that in my case is the hardware problem. But after your post decided to reschedule appointment. Today I also read about same issues in new Model S after software update. Looks like there is a bug.
I believe it is a bug as well. My 2022 Model Y had GPS failure, no cameras, etc. immediately after a software update. The service center replaced the car computer, which fixed it, and the problem did not return. But I don't think the computer hw was the root cause. it is too much of a coincidence that the GPS/cameras failed immediately after a sw update.

I had a similar issue with my 2018 M3, Auto pilot would not activate, cameras would not show the road on the display, rear backup camera would not work. What did work for me though was GPS and side repeater camera's. I tried reboot+brake without success.

Today I went to my car to do a LV+HV disconnect, but as I went to back out my car I noticed the cameras were working again.

I am wondering if some of this is related to a software bug.

Same exact issue. No GPS, no cameras, no Sentry, no navigation, no Autopilot. Seriously annoying. Soft reset, factory reset, 12V unplug... nothing works. Waiting to schedule service. The car feels very unsafe (since we feel like all the security blankets were removed) and my wife no longer wants to drive it.

Question to those who had computer replaced. Do you still have problems with cameras and GPS, what firmware you have? Thanks!
Yes, they replaced computer, and issues returned a few days later. Took it back to service center. They kept it for a week, and did nothing but reset 12V. Claimed it's fine now. We'll see. Car now shows update available. Not sure why they didn't install that before having me pick it up.

wow, so replacing the computer is not the solution! Was on chat with Tesla service, they insisted that in my case is the hardware problem. But after your post decided to reschedule appointment. Today I also read about same issues in new Model S after software update. Looks like there is a bug.
Yeah, this is weird. I've been on 2023.32.9 for at least a couple weeks. Just went out to install the update, and noticed it's the exact same version. Not sure why the same version was downloaded and needs to be installed (again).

Mine has been trying to download 2023.38.6 for a few days now. I assume it will not complete until my computer (or whatever they replace) gets fixed.
any luck w/ 38.6 installation? I had to do a hard reset (disconnecting & reconnecting 16v battery & first responder wire) on my MSLR.
Prior to that, firmware was 38.4 and stuck at 100% downloading of 38.6. Also none of the cameras were working & GPS location was not refreshing.

Today morning all startded working and was good for few hours. Then again, no cameras, no gps. Then soft 38.6 download, stuck at 50%, removed usb stick, reset, dowload again, after stuck at 50% for few minutes - install. So far everything works. Didn’t put usb stick yet. We will see. I hope they found the problem and will not have to spend $2.4k next Wednesday 😀2021 MY with 65k miles.

Last edited:
Reactions: ultramyp
Today morning all startded working and was good for few hours. Then again, no cameras, no gps. Then soft 38.6 download, stuck at 50%, removed usb stick, reset, dowload again, after stuck at 50% for few minutes - install. So far everything works. Didn’t put usb stick yet. We will see. I hope they found the problem and will not have to spend $2.4k next Wednesday 😀2021 MY with 65k miles.
Keep us posted. Haven't had any issues since picking mine up from service center a couple days ago. Latest update finally installed last night.

So far so good! Here is how looks Driver Assisst in Service Menu now:

Attachments

• IMG_0485.jpeg
    IMG_0485.jpeg
    737.6 KB · Views: 85
How long did it take for them to fix? Th estimate on my app says 7 days!! At least they gave me a loaner
The first time it went to service center, they replaced the computer in 24 hours. Second time, it seems they basically reset the battery, then kept it for a week taking it out for an occasional test drive to make sure the issues didn't return before having me pick it up again. At least they gave me an X while they kept it.

I am on 2023.32.9. If it gives you any hope it sounds like my issue is a little different. GPS works fine and the ECU is in shutdown and not fallback. My cameras actually are showing video, but the computers are not processing it. No cars on the left side of the screen, auto lights are always on, no autopilot, and no safety features (collision avoidance, lane departure warning....).
Just giving everyone an update. Had my RCM replaced 10 days ago and it seems to have fixed all my issues. I think the car not being able to sleep was crashing my autopilot computer every 4 days leading to my issues.

Quick update on mine.... they had the car since 2 Fridays ago. I sent them a note to get status since I could see that they have not touched the car by last Tuesday. They finally worked on it Wednesday. I think all they tried was the 12V disconnect and reconnect since the car tried to update to 2023.38.6 to no success (would not complete). I hope they realize they likely need to swap computers from what I read had to be done to other cars.

On a good note, my loaner has FSD and I LOVE playing around with it! Definitely not ready for prime time but it is one AWESOME "driver assist" in town streets. But almost perfect in highway. I LOVE saying "take me to Starbucks" and it just takes me there!!!