Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Q2 production Model 3 missing matrix headlights?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My vin 262XXX did not have matrix. I refused, and received next car about a week later, taking delivery tomorrow...265.5XX vin. I did go to Tesla Fremont, CA location over the weekend and noticed a 265.4XX and 265.6XX having matrix. I couldn't locate my car. otherwise, various M3LR had matrix and others did not..
What's the build date of your upcoming 265xxx car?

Reactions: Soosh
Confirmed with SA this morning that mine will have premium headlights. VIN 263xxx. Not a deal breaker for me to be honest still annoying to not have the latest feature on a car so expensive.
Is there a possibility to just get them switched through a service appointment request? I have heard that they can do a mobile appointment and change it for free right after delivery if you send pictures and explain the headlights.

Is there a possibility to just get them switched through a service appointment request? I have heard that they can do a mobile appointment and change it for free right after delivery if you send pictures and explain the headlights.
I haven’t seen any confirmation/proof of them actually going through with it. People have been able to schedule appointments which then later get cancelled because Tesla corporate denies it can be done.

Reactions: Kowalshy
I just got my VIN last Sunday (259,6xx Model 3 LR) and reached out to my SA today after reading this forum about the headlights. They said that my car has the Premium/Reflector headlights. I’ve been disappointed for the past like two hours lol, but honestly like if that’s the only difference on the car models I can live with it. Based on what I’ve seen in videos and comparisons there isn’t much difference. There is, but not enough for me to delay my delivery, wait a couple more months, and then still might not be able to get the “Global/Matrix” lights. I also asked what the differences are between the headlights and if I could receive a rebate based off my car not having global headlights and they said,
“The differences are little. The global headlights are able to project the word "Tesla" during light shows. Rest assured, you will love your Model 3, no matter what headlights it has!
We do not offer rebates or discounts.
Your Model 3 has been built with the features available at the time of your order. - Amy”
That low key pissed me off because of how nonchalant that response was based off me purchasing a $50,000 car (ordered my car 2/27/22). If other cars at that price are getting it, I should too or be compensated for it. I guess you can’t argue it because they never specify these lights on their website. I have an expected delivery date between the 3rd and 8th of June, so in like a week. I’ll accept delivery of it then, and hope that there isn’t anything else different with it. Im assuming that the processor will be the Ryzen AMD instead of Intel, and the weird typical Tesla vehicle issues won’t be too bad. I’ll update if anything changes and how the delivery goes.

Reject it like the monkeypox!

Or not. I'll trade your car's ryzen brain for my car's matrix eyes.

Reactions: Soosh
I did ask about switching it to matrix lights after delivery but this is the response I got.

“Tesla - This feature is not available to be modified on your vehicle as aspects of the part are unique to each headlight option. Thank you.”

Can’t be modified according to my SA.

I did ask about switching it to matrix lights after delivery but this is the response I got.

“Tesla - This feature is not available to be modified on your vehicle as aspects of the part are unique to each headlight option. Thank you.”

Can’t be modified according to my SA.
After you’re likely not going to realize these are installed or not. There’s so much other stuff to enjoy. Just no light show showing “Tesla” ;) lol

Reactions: amarchcan
Alright guys, just made my account. Been watching this thread a few days awaiting for my M3LR with Vin 268 delivery that is set for the 1st. I truly didn't know the whole headlight issue until last week and have been so annoyed with lack of response from Tesla by giving me a generic response four times over last couple of days calling stating "it will be fitted with the best equipment we have at the time of assembly" LOL. I finally decided to make a 40 Min trip up and see if I could find my car in the lot and I found it. Can confirm VIN 268 has the Matrix projector HLs. I tried to do others the favor of finding lower numbered VINs and I found VIN 262 with reflectors, a lot of VIN 254 with reflectors, tried to find 266 and 267s and couldn't. I suspect they had those in a different lot behind the main building, my vehicle was in a smaller lot. So to those wondering 268 you should have the projector lights. Also did the whole outside inspection which luckily will now save me time on delivery (going to do quick once over) and found a couple of gap issues just like literally everyone. Not too bad, taillight was the worst part. Anyways, hope everyone awaiting 268 is excited about that news. I am one of the lucky ones, but feel bad for those that either accept the reflector models or deny and have to play roulette with future deliveries. Good luck everyone