Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Q2 production Model 3 missing matrix headlights?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reports from Reddit looks like 259xxx-

reports from reddit showing even up to 263xxx without matrix headlights now.
Anyone know if the range goes back to 258xxx? The earliest I've seen in this latest batch is 259xxx as not having them.
Just saw that someone was at a dealer and saw a bunch of 260xxx cars, in which none had the matrix lights. As far as I know (confirmed by two different SA's) my car should have the matrix lights. I'm a 257xxx vin. But I won't believe it until I actually pick up the car and see them on there.

4-year Model 3 owner and my 2nd M3 is fortunate enough to get the matrix headlight. I've driven about 50 miles so far at night, and I have to say that even though there's a slight difference, the matrix headlight is almost equivalent to the old headlight in terms of brightness, and distance. Of course it's going to be a different story when Tesla make it adaptive later. I think Tesla might not release adaptive feature until the supply chain issue gets resolved, otherwise there's going to be a lot of delivery rejections.

4-year Model 3 owner and my 2nd M3 is fortunate enough to get the matrix headlight. I've driven about 50 miles so far at night, and I have to say that even though there's a slight difference, the matrix headlight is almost equivalent to the old headlight in terms of brightness, and distance. Of course it's going to be a different story when Tesla make it adaptive later. I think Tesla might not release adaptive feature until the supply chain issue gets resolved, otherwise there's going to be a lot of delivery rejections.
They’ve probably already seen at least a slight increase in delivery rejections due to the lights. But most people don’t follow forums and Reddit or know/care about matrix lights so ignorance is bliss and Tesla gets away with it.

Who knows if they’ll ever even activate ADB function, but at least with the matrix hardware there’s still the potential. There’s 0% chance to get ADB if you have the reflectors. If they do, they probably won’t release it until the Model X gets updated with matrix lights too. Can’t have the lower tier vehicles have better features than the higher tier.

Hi Everyone. First post here…We took delivery of our M3LR tonight and our car came with the old headlights and Hankook tires(?!). Our VIN is 245xxx and our build date was 4/28. I have to say, it did sting a little when we went to lunch with friends that have a 2021 M3SR RWD and his car has matrix headlights and Michelins. Now I feel a little gypped. I know we had the option to decline the car; but none the less; there should be a concession for those that take these cars without the standard equipment (headlights and tires). If it were a permanent change I’d feel better about it; but cars built before ours and after ours are receiving the “standard equipment”. With all that said, our first night drive was fine. The car lights up the road real nice (better than most) and with the fog lights on it looks good coming down the road. Had I not been on this forum, I wouldn’t have known the difference. Lol Ignorance is bliss.

You need to ask your SA! Some may not know how to look it up so I found it helpful to call (and subsequently hang up and call again) until I got an SA that knew how to look it up. She was able to confirm both matrix lights and build date (5/1) If not you’ll just need to see on delivery day

I called and they said vin is not issued since my car is scheduled to be delivered in June-July window.

Hmm one claim so far of 263xxx with matrix lights so maybe not all hope is lost. They haven’t received the car yet to know for sure though.

71506147-150C-4ACE-A48C-B793AE27A658.jpeg

I always wondered why they would put matrix in the lower priced vehicles and not higher.

Also wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a paid feature to activate in the future like heated rear seats for 2021 M3s
Yeah, I was surprised to hear that SR+/RWD 3's got matrix lights starting last year but LR Y's have never been outfitted with them.