Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MORNING CARINA continues to unload in Southampton. Departs to Zeebrugge on Wednesday evening. ETA Zeebrugge Thu 17 Mar (I'm not sure she will have many Teslas to unload there though as I think this was a UK heavy shipment)
GLOVIS SYMPHONY is nicely positioned to enter the traffic separation scheme off Gibraltar. She will arrive in Southampton (ETA PM Wed 16 Mar) and then Zeebrugge (prob Fri 18 Mar).
RCC CLASSIC As discussed earlier, now is the time when I would expect to see a definite course change towards Koper. I am confident that is where she is meant to be heading to however her AIS suggests she is bound for Zeebrugge. I have not received a satellite update from her for over 45 minutes and so the hope is that she has changed course. Look for an update at the bottom of this report for any new developments.
RCC AMSTERDAM It looks like she is still chartered by Tesla. She has just departed Zeebrugge heading for Oslo ETA 03:00 15 Mar
PS GRAND DOLPHIN has departed Koper. Tesla charter complete.
Mr. M, do you see any other vessels heading to Oslo other than RCC Amsterdam? Patiently waiting for my MYLR between the 21st and 31st if March.

Why do you assume there wont be April shipments :) Didn't Elon say that Tesla wouldn't continue be driven by quarterly delivery cycles..
He also said FSD by the end of the year. In 2019. 2020. 2021
Scroll back a few pages and you will not only see that there will be a significant reduction of deliveries to the UK in Q2 but also why.

• Funny
Reactions: iorgosg
Appreciate all the work Mr M does on this, have to say I watched with great interest when my M3 arrived in sept 2019. Having now instigated a trade in for an MY I'm now actively looking at ships again.

Estimated delivery is basically May so when would we expect those ships to start making there way over here so I can actively get my geek on again.

🤔

Appreciate all the work Mr M does on this, have to say I watched with great interest when my M3 arrived in sept 2019. Having now instigated a trade in for an MY I'm now actively looking at ships again.

Estimated delivery is basically May so when would we expect those ships to start making there way over here so I can actively get my geek on again.

🤔
Same for me, I have an ETA of May 7th +. I'd assume then that the boat I'll be eyeballing should be one of the first out of Shanghai > Southampton around the start of April so any time first week of April. Lets see what heads forth.

Fingers crossed.

🤞

Reactions: DanielSon
@M3France @Petetheroadie @Johnsen92 @Scab @Y the wait @Mr Grey @iorgosg @Harrow Y @Mr Miserable
I'm sharing my experience here regarding what updates I got from Tesla to help some of you try to figure out what ship might carry your vehicle (except Mr Miserable, who I'm hoping can possibly shed some light on this). I've written all applicable dates to help you cross reference with your own vehicle.

19/11-21. Order placed, but put on hold.

11/1-22. Order re-opened.

11/1-22. Paid deposit for vehicle.

13/1-22. "Est. delivery: February" - In Tesla app and account. Coincides with departure of Hyperion Ray from Shanghai. I believe my M3 was originally meant to be on this as per the shipping bill I found under my front right floor mat a couple of days after delivery (see picture), but somehow didn't make the cut. The Estimated delivery got removed after a few days, around the 16th, if I remember correctly.

21/1-22. Found the vehicles VIN in the source code.

29/1-22. "Est. delivery: February" reappeared in app and account. This remains the status up until a delivery date has been set. This is the day after SFL Composer left Shanghai. This is when I started following this thread and the updates of Mr. Miserable.

1/2-22. Email from TA: Delivery team will update you through SMS once the ship approaches Europe.

15/2-22. SFL Composer is through the Suez Canal and in European waters.

17/2-22. First SMS from Tesla. "Vehicle is headed towards Norway, delivery first half of March.

23/2-22. SFL Composer docks in Southampton.

24/2-22. New SMS from Tesla. Please schedule pickup. 7-9th of March near Oslo.

26/2-22. SFL Composer docks in Zeebrugge. Cars being unloaded, possibly to Malacca Highway.

2/3-22. Malacca Highway departs Zeebrugge for Oslo.

4/3-22. Malacca Highway arrives in Oslo. My pick up date was March 8th.

I think I've been able to capture all the highlights in this thread. I hope you guys, and anyone else reading finds it helpful!!

EDIT: I forgot to mention that it looked like there could be enough space for around 30-45 Teslas at the delivery location at once, per day. My guess is they have a bunch of vehicles shipped, but delivery them in waves over a few days/weeks. They do require some prep, after all.

Attachments

• 20220309_195722.jpg
    20220309_195722.jpg
    310.5 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
RCC CLASSIC
I've just checked the Koper arrivals board again and they are still expecting RCC CLASSIC to turn up tomorrow.
They will be disappointed because she won't make it. Having said that she doesn't appear on the harbour pilotage plan for tomorrow but then I wouldn't expect her to feature on it until her arrival was imminent.
RCC CLASSIC is still maintaining a course for the Straits of Gibraltar and clearly Zeebrugge is where the ship thinks she should be going.
I might just send an email or two for clarification....

RCC CLASSIC
I've just checked the Koper arrivals board again and they are still expecting RCC CLASSIC to turn up tomorrow.
They will be disappointed because she won't make it. Having said that she doesn't appear on the harbour pilotage plan for tomorrow but then I wouldn't expect her to feature on it until her arrival was imminent.
RCC CLASSIC is still maintaining a course for the Straits of Gibraltar and clearly Zeebrugge is where the ship thinks she should be going.
I might just send an email or two for clarification....
OK thanks. Where do you see that RCC Classic is meant to be in Koper? I searched the Koper schedule but I don't see it (Maybe because I have free plan and can't see the full list?)

Cool thanks. Because on Vesselfinder Koper port schedule I didn't find it.
By the way did the ship pass Sicily? Because I see that in Sicily there's a path to go up, but once it passes it I think it's definitive that it will go to Zeebrugge. I hope Tesla is ready to bring my car in Milan at that point.
It won't appear on the Vesselfinder port schedule because that list is derived solely from ship's AIS destinations. If the ship shows Zeebrugge on AIS as its destination then it will appear on the Vesselfinder Zeebrugge port schedule.
As a matter of interest, RCC CLASSIC doesn't appear on the actual Zeebrugge port schedule but that isn't too unusual.
RCC CLASSIC has yet to pass Sicily, she's currently about 150NM east of Malta.

GLOVIS SYMPHONY competition.

The results are in!

We didn't have a direct hit in this competition.
At 1200z today the ship was located in Grid Square O3 and within its Minor Square 17

The closest, and therefore the winning, entry was @connectjunkie (O3 16) who was just 51 NM off target. (Distance measured from the centre of the chosen square to the ship's position at midday)

In 2nd place was @Terry F (O3 12) who was a mere 57 NM off target.
In 3rd place was @davidnolan3d (O3 19) who was 94 NM off target.

Congratulations to all, but there isn't so much as even a cuddly toy to win!

Some trivia for you:
The most popular Major Square was O1
The most popular Minor Square overall was 2

If you had chosen that combination, which one person did, you would have ended up 778 NM off target.

Most entries expected the ship to be crossing the Bay of Biscay by now.
That was the last competition for Q1!

GLOVIS SYMPHONY competition.

The results are in!

We didn't have a direct hit in this competition.
At 1200z today the ship was located in Grid Square O3 and within its Minor Square 17

The closest, and therefore the winning, entry was @connectjunkie (O3 16) who was just 51 NM off target. (Distance measured from the centre of the chosen square to the ship's position at midday)

In 2nd place was @Terry F (O3 12) who was a mere 57 NM off target.
In 3rd place was @davidnolan3d (O3 19) who was 94 NM off target.

Congratulations to all, but there isn't so much as even a cuddly toy to win!

Some trivia for you:
The most popular Major Square was O1
The most popular Minor Square overall was 2

If you had chosen that combination, which one person did, you would have ended up 778 NM off target.

Most entries expected the ship to be crossing the Bay of Biscay by now.
That was the last competition for Q1!
Podium result….I’ll take that!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.