Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
we may perhaps hope for a busier than usual start to Q3 due to catch up, but also Tesla will need to catch up to other markets too depending on when their production was impacted.

Are we able to estimate based on factory closure times, usual lead times for ships etc - if that closure will have been impacting UK/EU deliveries, other countries, or a mix of both?
Happy to take delivery in July. I’m not subject to Wall Street quarterly performance reports 😁… however, come August, surely no one in the UK will want to take delivery…. “72” plate arriving in September…
I suppose August will play well to those leasing and not bothered about resale value being impacted by the reg change….

Happy to take delivery in July. I’m not subject to Wall Street quarterly performance reports 😁… however, come August, surely no one in the UK will want to take delivery…. “72” plate arriving in September…
I suppose August will play well to those leading and not bothered about resale value being impacted by the reg change….

I dno’t personally get the fuss with number plates - in the olden days changing once a year maybe, but not so much with every 6 months. I happily picked up my M3LR on Feb 11th rather than push to March 1st.

Reactions: Jason71 and ean36t
Yes, only thing that's concerning as how accurate local Chinese news have been when we have had their stories, none have surfaced to suggest any more loads
Until now none were suggesting there was a 2nd batch. As they made around 11k cars in April and there will be some on top of that for the 1st week of May (4K?) there should be at least another ship heading out. I read yesterday there were around 900 cars sold domestically so that’s a lot left for export.

Ok so I spoke to some Chinese comrades we do business with, I asked them to find me the news article to that THEBEN image and they did straight away, there is a video too, here's the link, use Chrome it will translate for you

Someone please correct if I'm wrong but these look like god damn RHDs?

Maybe easier to watch the videos yourselves and see what you think

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220515-102315_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220515-102315_Chrome.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 107
  • Screenshot_20220515-102323_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220515-102323_Chrome.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 76
  • Screenshot_20220515-102326_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220515-102326_Chrome.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 64
  • Screenshot_20220515-102519_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220515-102519_Chrome.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 75
Ok so I spoke to some Chinese comrades we do business with, I asked them to find me the news article to that THEBEN image and they did straight away, there is a video too, here's the link, use Chrome it will translate for you

It's hard to tell but I think they are more RHD than LHD. I may be totally out there but I was also going by the bit of paper on the dash on every car, don't you normally put tickets, bits of paper on the drivers side lol

In that set of vehicles we saw most were RHD. A lot of MY as well

In that set of vehicles we saw most were RHD. A lot of MY as well

To be completely honest. It’s so hard to tell. There is definitely LHD there, you can see them in the drivers seat when driving.
Was about to write the same - when driving - LHD, but the parked ones are hard to tell and to me also looked RHD..
Edited to add: on 1 minute mark you can see in the right corner 1 white with what seems like document on the left and next to it another white one with documents on the right.. My issue is I don't see one with white interrior - it would be easy to spot LHD and RHD.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.